[MERGED] Dolphins to "Heavily Pursue Asante Samuel" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Dolphins to "Heavily Pursue Asante Samuel"

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Apparently we are one of three tems who will be very aggressive in bringing him in, along with the Jets, and the Bengals"

This comes from a very reliable source who works at an organisation that has come through MANY times in the past. What's interesting is that a) Philly haven't been mentioned as there have been rumours about the parameters of a $55 million deal already being in place and that b) Cincy are involved considering they spent heavily on Joseph and Leon Hall, although there are continuing off field concerns over Joseph.

I have done before and will say again, that Samuel comes with a buyer beware label. He isn't an elite NFL CB. He's not in the same class as Nnamdi Asomugha and Marcus Trufant and Rashean Mathis and Ike Taylor and Champ Bailey and Leigh Bodden, etc. He's a good player in a suitable system. I hope that we don't enter a bidding war, especially considering how deep the CB talent pool is in the draft.

I'm surprised Houston isn't one of the teams heavily pursuing him. It stated on SI Truth and Rumors that they were.

I feel he is overrated and the Bellichick system helped him considereably, I'd pass on that one, I see us picking a CB but not for 10 million a year, We'll sign someone like we just did, Michael Lehan. or draft one if we make that Dallas trade happen. I still se us trading with the Falcons so they could get Ryan, draft Dmac only to trade him to Dallas for 2 number ones and a player

I agree Boomer that he does come with a bit of a warning. However, it still would be a huge upgrade to what the Phins have now.

Yeah I also think he is overrated. All he's been talking about is "getting paid" lately and I am afraid if he gets the money, he might not show up every game. I for one dont want him.

No way are we spending $10+M on a corner when we have no pass rush. It's not the way Parcells builds a team. We won't even be in the mix for him at all. And we shouldn't be.

I don't know, I think we have all seen Samuel play, I like his game, he's not Champ Bailey but I have to put him in the elite CB level.

No way are we spending $10+M on a corner when we have no pass rush. It's not the way Parcells builds a team. We won't even be in the mix for him at all. And we shouldn't be.

Thats what I was thinking. Samuel is a guy who needs help from the rush too. He has great ball skills but, gets hurt trying to play straight up and bump and run. I think he is better suited for a cover 2 type scheme.

Thanks for the info Boomer. Hope we don't get him. i would rather spend the money on Linemen.

I just hope if we get him that we don't offer him $10 Million a year like I have read before.

Back
Top Bottom