Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks

we were so injured on the O line of course he started all year
Yeah too bad injuries took out our incumbent starting C.. no wait, that was actually Satele. In evaluating the team last year the FO didn't see C as a need to address through the draft or seriously through FA (any member of the McKinney family is not serious). Nor did he lose his job to anyone we brought in throughout the year. Even if Satele had no value to our FO, it's hard to imagine that a 2nd round pick who's been an NFL starter since he came into the league would at least have a perceived value greater than a 6th and swapping 4ths.

I don't really care though. This is not that big a deal. A player who had no future on this team was gotten rid of. Oh no. I just think it's absurd to say this trade was some slick work by the FO. It wasn't. Neither was giving Satele's injured, aging replacement a wildly overpriced contract. Not necessarily bad decisions, just weak negotiations.

I don't like the trade, I feel like Oakland got a deal. Samson Satele has started every game since he came into the NFL. His value should have been higher than what we got.

I do trust the current management, but it is always a fan's nature to second guess. I just hope that we find a diamond in the rough like Donald Thomas with the 6th round pick.

Dolphins trade center Satele to Raiders

I did a quick check and couldn't find any threads about this....I was wondering if anyone has some info on this trade? What did we receive for Satele?

MIAMI -- The Miami Dolphins have traded center Samson Satele to the Oakland Raiders for an undisclosed draft pick.

The move announced Monday clears the way for Jake Grove to move into the starting center spot. The Dolphins signed Grove to a multiyear deal earlier this month, after he spent five seasons with the Raiders.

Satele had been Miami's starting center since 2007, the beginning of his rookie season. The 6-foot-3, 300-pound lineman started every game for the Dolphins including last season's lone playoff appearance against the Baltimore Ravens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f67f20&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Thanks...and sorry if this has already been posted.

Oakland's sixth-round pick and will also swap spots with the Raiders in the fourth round, moving up from the 26th pick to eighth in that round

I did a quick check and couldn't find any threads about this....I was wondering if anyone has some info on this trade? What did we receive for Satele?

MIAMI -- The Miami Dolphins have traded center Samson Satele to the Oakland Raiders for an undisclosed draft pick.

The move announced Monday clears the way for Jake Grove to move into the starting center spot. The Dolphins signed Grove to a multiyear deal earlier this month, after he spent five seasons with the Raiders.

Satele had been Miami's starting center since 2007, the beginning of his rookie season. The 6-foot-3, 300-pound lineman started every game for the Dolphins including last season's lone playoff appearance against the Baltimore Ravens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f67f20&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Thanks...and sorry if this has already been posted.

Suddenly the smoke clears and Boone emerges from his time capsule. what the hell! they now have boxes that sit in your living room that show pictures on them (tv) and bread that is actually sliced for you. what have i missed?

ha ha just funnin you.

Wait a minute.... We traded Satele to the Oakland Raiders.
When did they move out of Los Angeles?
Next your going to tell me that Reggie Roby is no longer our punter.

Nah, we still got Roby.

Don't worry, he is. Can't wait for the draft, there's this kid from Pitt that I really like. He's slipping because of some supposed "drug use", so he should be available at our pick. :hump:

Don't worry, he is. Can't wait for the draft, there's this kid from Pitt that I really like. He's slipping because of some supposed "drug use", so he should be available at our pick. :hump:
If it is confirmed that he indeed tested positive for marijuana, he will be available after our pick as well.

Back
Top Bottom