Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks

Man, we could have just kept Welker and we would have a pretty good WR corps right now. Thank you RandyScam!

How could have we kept welker, Welker was gone no matter what the trade was just there to sweetin the deal so there was no hard feelings between organizations, keeping the peace so to speak, Welker was gone trade or no trade cause of NE offer.

Man, we could have just kept Welker and we would have a pretty good WR corps right now
Keeping Welker was out of the question after they slapped the 2nd round tender on him. New England was going to get him no matter what and they forced the trade with us. They didn't want things to go ugly(they were preparing a poison pill contract for Welker) so they offered to trade instead.

Plus, Welker admitted that he didn't really enjoy being a Dolphin and dreamed of playing for the Patriots. Even if we didn't trade him in 2007, he likely still would not be here.

Lighten up guys, he was joking and it was funny.

I didn't brush it off. I even mentioned in my post that if you combine the 6th round pick with the swap that it was all equal to a late 4th round pick. That in my opinion is decent value.

that was why it was funny, you absolutely contradicted yourself

yes a 6th would have totally sucked but we got something much better

you are right it was decent value

that was why it was funny, you absolutely contradicted yourself

yes a 6th would have totally sucked but we got something much better

you are right it was decent value
I was disappointed the pick we received(not swapped) was a 6th round pick. The swap is nice, and it does give decent value, but you can't argue that you would not rather just have got a 4th round pick straight up for Satele.

Sweet a 6th rounder. They can drafta guard that is so good he only has to play in one game to be a first ballot HOFer. And they move up in the 4th? That great because then they can draft another backup guard that doesn't do anything.

Don't know if this has been pointed out or not... I mean... geez this is a long thread, but...

Generally the price to move up in a round is your pick from that round and your pick from the next round... so, to move up in the 4th round, costs you your 4th AND your 5th.

So... the way I see it is that we received a 5th and a 6th from the Rai-duhs.

Just my 2 cents, and back to your regularly scheduled flailing about...

Atleast we got something for the guy...its better than just cutting him.

Parcels isnt going to keep around guys that he doesnt like just because hes started before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet a 6th rounder. They can drafta guard that is so good he only has to play in one game to be a first ballot HOFer. And they move up in the 4th? That great because then they can draft another backup guard that doesn't do anything.

Huh? let me put this in perspective to you, Greg cam, undrafted, Bess, Undrafted, Shall i go on? Point is there are good/great players all through the draft, just cause there not "GEMS" picked in the second round like Satele or Beck doesnt mean they are bad, Ask everyone how they feel about NE pick in the 6th round, or how about no one drafting mr welker. Gimme a break.

clear.gif

Satele was a bad choice!!!

With the compensatory picks now in, this is what Miami actually traded:

Miami gets:

4th round (108)
6th round (181)

Oakland gets:

Samson Satele
4th round(126)

I do want to say that according to the draft value chart, the 6th round pick and the 4th round swap equal Miami getting a late round 4th round pick. So, you can look at this as a trade that sent Satele to Oakland for a late 4th round pick. Would you consider it worth it then?

Great point and well needed perspective. A late 4th seems reasonable. No reason to think they can't get a solid guard again in the sixth.

Back
Top Bottom