Merged: Dolphins waive DT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins waive DT

Dolphins waive DT

Espns transactions has posted the Dolphins released DT Davern Williams.

Damnit! Just when I thought the team was heading in the right direction, now this!

This guy is/was an enigma to me. When we drafted him last year I couldn't find him in any of the draft guides. Then he gets injured it seems walking to the practice field the first day. He sits the year on the IR list.

Earlier this year he is one of ten players the front office annouces has been assigned to NFLE. One of those 10 is cut by his Europe team and is rapidly waived by us. No word about Williams. He just doesn't show up on a roster headed for Europe. No word of a cut, an injury, nothing! Today we waive him with a one sentence release.

My question, did anyone ever see him? Did he really exist or was he a phantom? Like an old style Mayor Daley voter?

Oh well I didn't expect much anyways. He was a flash in the pan type of pick. I hope we don't waste our 2 7th round picks this year. I would rather trade both of them for a 6th round pick and actually draft someone who can make the PS at least. Look for Jason Geathers or a blocking FB/TE. Maybe WR Sloan Thomas will fall, or MLB Sean Tufts will too. Why not score someone who can make the team next year.

Not too many 7th rounders will make our team.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom