Merged:Elton Brown, G, a Dolphin?/Think twice about E. Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Elton Brown, G, a Dolphin?/Think twice about E. Brown

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Elton Brown, G, a Dolphin?

When offensive line coach Hudson Houck was with the Cowboys, they drafted all-pro guard Larry Allen. When Houck was with the Chargers, they drafted Toniu Fonoti, a similar type of player. Elton Brown is made from the same cloth. Will we go after him?

I don't think we will since he's a high pick and we have other priority needs like RB, QB, S, CB, and LB.

LostInPatsLand said:
When offensive line coach Hudson Houck was with the Cowboys, they drafted all-pro guard Larry Allen. When Houck was with the Chargers, they drafted Toniu Fonoti, a similar type of player. Elton Brown is made from the same cloth. Will we go after him?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least. He'll easily be had with the #46 pick if we can finally pry it away from the Chiefs. His stock definitely fell somewhat after the combine. Didn't he leave from Indianapolis unannounced or just really abruptly? He's really a name you used to hear all the time, and then he totally fell off...I'd be happy with the pick.

i'd prefer to use a later pick on chris kemoeatu, utah. 6'3" 340 and a mean son of a gun.

If we have 2 2nd rounders, then we could draft Elton with one of them.

i live in VA, and saw alot of this guy, he's vernon carey, but alittle more physical...but imo he's not a 1st rounder,,or early 2nd...he should go somewhere between picks 40 threw 60......

If we got him, he would be a pretty good pick.

I extremely like fonoti...cause i remember watching a game and when i was watching him block..he was using his shoulders..i thought it was awesome

WE have needs everywhere!!

Regan21286 said:
I don't think we will since he's a high pick and we have other priority needs like RB, QB, S, CB, and LB.
Uh? Didn't we have the WORST OFFENSIVE LINE IN FOOTBALL last season? I would consider O-LINE a priority!

The only chance I see us being in a position to draft Elton Brown would be if (assuming we get a 2nd for Surtain) Browns stock drops to the 2nd round. I could see us drafting him their if he was available.

dodge said:
i'd prefer to use a later pick on chris kemoeatu, utah. 6'3" 340 and a mean son of a gun.

Wow is all I can say.. I decided to check this guys draft bio out...

"Massive size and frame...Strong as an ox...Can just maul defenders at times...A dominator in the running game...Intense and fiery...Good athletic ability for his size...Explosive out of his stance...Will not get pushed around."

He sounds like an absolute mauler at gaurd :eek:

Phinmaster1354 said:
Uh? Didn't we have the WORST OFFENSIVE LINE IN FOOTBALL last season? I would consider O-LINE a priority!

Actually, it's more in the tackle and center spots. Guard isn't really one with James and Hadnot. Plus, we can always pick one up via undrafted FA.

Regan21286 said:
Actually, it's more in the tackle and center spots. Guard isn't really one with James and Hadnot. Plus, we can always pick one up via undrafted FA.

Hadnot was a center in college and I wouldn't say James is solid enough that we should pass up a possible stud to keep him.

Back
Top Bottom