Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads | Page 71 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads

RobFins2005 said:
Oh joy, another "wow the media disrespected us early on in the season, how dare they predict our season incorrectly" thread. Great. :sleep:

Its better than a ''Lets get some god awful QB and see if he's the answer because he has a piss drop of talent in him.'' thread.

GoonBoss said:
I predicted 8-8. I was closer than the "experts" and, I don't even get to watch as much as I used to.

Hey, if you are an "expert" and, you publish your opinion, and, it's wrong, expect to get hammered, I say.

They do, and they're usually pretty professional about it and own up to it, unlike the people who actually write them.

PatsSuck456 said:
Its better than a ''Lets get some god awful QB and see if he's the answer because he has a piss drop of talent in him.'' thread.

No, it isn't.

PatsSuck456 said:

Never said I liked those either :)

RobFins2005 said:
They do, and they're usually pretty professional about it and own up to it, unlike the people who actually write them.

Sorry...Not quite sure what you mean by that. Are you saying columnists get their stuff written by other people and then just publish it?

GoonBoss said:
Sorry...Not quite sure what you mean by that. Are you saying columnists get their stuff written by other people and then just publish it?

What I mean is that if someone (like Charles Robinson for example) makes some kind of prediction earlier in the year that is wildly off, usually they will own up to it and are pretty good humored about it. Keep in mind these sportswriters can pick and choose which hate mail to print and many of them will show people who clearly pointed out they were wrong.

I can't compare that to many people I've encountered on message boards, who aren't writing in a magazine the entire nation can read, but just a message board, and will not own up to being wrong. Heck even I'm guilty of it from time to time :)

RobFins2005 said:
What I mean is that if someone (like Charles Robinson for example) makes some kind of prediction earlier in the year that is wildly off, usually they will own up to it and are pretty good humored about it. Keep in mind these sportswriters can pick and choose which hate mail to print and many of them will show people who clearly pointed out they were wrong.

I can't compare that to many people I've encountered on message boards, who aren't writing in a magazine the entire nation can read, but just a message board, and will not own up to being wrong. Heck even I'm guilty of it from time to time :)

Cool, I get you. Well, my main thing is that these guys are mainly writing thier stuff for entertainment, rather than any real insight.

Granted, most BBS posters are just as full of it, but, we aren't getting paid to write :)

OTOH, I've seen some members of this board that are right, year in and out about decisions that should be made. One member, in particular that I've seen from Dolphin boards year in and out from, oh, at least '95, when I posted under "Garryowen" , as much as I've disagreed, has been right more often than not.

Damn sure better than some "experts".

I dont see how Tony Dungy, Mike Holmgren and Mike Shannahan get nominated for turning playoff teams into....OMG!....playoff teams! Saban made a 4-12 team that was just so pathetic, into a 9-7 team that fought all year and was on the DOORSTEP of the playoffs. He should at least be on the list, though i'd probably give it to Lovie or Lewis.

RobFins2005 said:
If you weren't a Dolphins fan, would you have cared much about a game that had no playoff implications (other than seeding), in which the home team was playing second and third stringers?

Somehow I doubt that. Perspective...
Yeah I would because I like to watch all the highlights from the games. Not just a 1 yard TD run. I dont care if it was the Cardinals and Lions I would still want to see who played well on each team. Matter of fact I was watching with 4 non dolphin fans and they had all watched the game with me earlier at the bar and they too thought it was some bull****.

Back
Top Bottom