Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads | Page 72 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads

Lovie Smith did an excellent job in Chicago. I would give my vote to him. Nick Saban also did a wonderful job in Miami, but unfortunately, missed the playoffs by a game or so. Chicago was 5 - 11 last year. This year, it is said that they possibly have the best defense in the history of the NFL. That is saying plenty. Many are also jumping on the bandwagon by picking them to be the NFC representatives in the super bowl. Smith deserves it. Second in line is probably Dungy, and then Saban. If Miami had made the playoffs, I would say Saban coming in a very close second.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
I dont see how Tony Dungy, Mike Holmgren and Mike Shannahan get nominated for turning playoff teams into....OMG!....playoff teams! Saban made a 4-12 team that was just so pathetic, into a 9-7 team that fought all year and was on the DOORSTEP of the playoffs. He should at least be on the list, though i'd probably give it to Lovie or Lewis.

Because it's an ESPN poll!! Every day there is something from ESPN that has a bit of disrespect or samck towards the fins. Look at everything you just wrote about what Saban did this year with a team that isn't signature Saban. Yet he doesn't get mention??? How can they justify that?? First year coach that wins his last six with three division games in the six after a 3-7 record to start, with a career backup as the starter. It has everything you'd want out of a coach of the year candidate.

kastofsna120 said:
non-playoff teams don't usually win coaches of the year

It's coach of the year, not playoff coach of the year. We missed the playoffs with a 10-6 record just three years ago thats a good record in the NFL did Wanny deserve coach of the year?? I don't think so. The Vikes made the playoffs last year with an 8-8 record Did Tice deserve coach of the year??? I don't think so. So what do the playoffs have to do with coach of the year??

feelthepain said:
It's coach of the year, not playoff coach of the year. We missed the playoffs with a 10-6 record just three years ago thats a good record in the NFL did Wanny deserve coach of the year?? I don't think so. The Vikes made the playoffs last year with an 8-8 record Did Tice deserve coach of the year??? I don't think so. So what do the playoffs have to do with coach of the year??
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

i didn't say saban didn't deserve it. stop criticizing all of my posts billsfan

RobFins2005 said:
If you weren't a Dolphins fan, would you have cared much about a game that had no playoff implications (other than seeding), in which the home team was playing second and third stringers?

Somehow I doubt that. Perspective...
I think there are people out there that watch ESPN with no one team they root for but I think most fans watch to see there teams hilites and to hear what Berman has to say about them. So if ESPN cares about their audience at all they should do a better job of showing a few things from both teams. Nobody mentioned that if Flutie missed that kick they would have ended up being down by 9 points with no chance of tieing the score and maybe getting the third sead.

Back
Top Bottom