[MERGED] Fins back in hunt for Rogers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Fins back in hunt for Rogers

First, I don't want to trade JT, and if he was traded, I'd be very surprised.

I'm all for grabbing Shaun Rogers. If we could get him for our second 2nd rounder, do it.

I would do this trade as long as we sign Calvin Pace.

Jason Taylor

For

Shaun Rogers
3rd Round Draft Choice

I would LOVE to acquire Rogers. We are severely lacking a starting nose tackle and this would be huge for us, especially given the move to the 3-4.

I've done a video for my blog on the prospect of acquiring Rogers in case anyone's interested.

maybe thats why we are looking at calvin pace! wow, this could get interesting people. but how would jason do in detroit? they do have a really good offense. i really like shaun rogers! every time i see him play i get a wow! like when he threw manning down after the play was over! WOW!! talk about brady being scared! if this happens though i see the dolphins drafting chris long! then again i have been seeing the dolphins drafting chris long the whole way! hahha

For those who say they would trade JT, why would you send him to Detroit. That would totally screw the guy. I like JT to much not to send him to a contender. He deserves it.

well he does deserve to be a contender but so does miami... lol.. with chris long, shaun rogers, matt roth, rod wright, and vonnie holiday on the line, we are set! at linebacker calvin pace, channing crowder, beau bell?teddy bruschi?, and joey porter. at cornerback will allen, michael lehan, ty law? asaunte samuels? randal gay? cromartie-rogers?.
saftey jason allen, yeremiah bell? gabril wilson?
we could very well be good on defense next year!

If Parcells really wants him he must have already spoken too him regarding his supposed "quitting on plays". He must be convinced this will stop to go after him. If He does then I trust him...I hope this is the beginning of a New Era for us with him in charge. C. Long, Jt , Porter(hopefully a switch back to 3-4 helps his game) and we sign C. Pace and were good. Add Rogers at DT plus hopefully a G. Wilson and top cb in the draft.....sounds like a vastly upgraded D

I see Kris Jenkins a DT from Carolina is now on the trade block I hear he is good.

I see Kris Jenkins a DT from Carolina is now on the trade block I hear he is good.

I wouldnt mind having him.

Neither him nor Shaun Rogers is worth any more than a 3rd rounder though. And that still may be giving up too much IMO

jenkins is the best DT in the league when healthy - which isn't often. he missed two straight years before last year. he is also a perfect 4-3 DT, so that wouldn't be a good fit.

i would love to have rogers. our rush defense and LB's need him. at 360 lbs and with how much detroit's defense is on the field, i really don't think the 'taking plays off' thing translates over here. parcells certainly wouldn't allow it. dude has crazy talent and he is one of the strongest guys in the NFL. take him.

we should get shaun rogers

listen, he's a mammoth and we run the 3-4. we drafted paul solia and he can't get it, he's huge but can't play like he's suppose to. traylor is gone, dorsey is great, but to light for the 3-4, ellis from usc, maybe. but rogers yes he's young and huge, clogs up the hole and can pass russ up the got and yes he has speed, he ran that long return back for a td. if we don't trade our pick, draft vernon gloston, use our one of our seconds to get rogers, its worth it trust me. traylor didn't play every down but he still gave us a great run d, and rogers is bigger and faster and better than him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenkins is the best DT in the league when healthy - which isn't often. he missed two straight years before last year. he is also a perfect 4-3 DT, so that wouldn't be a good fit.

i would love to have rogers. our rush defense and LB's need him. at 360 lbs and with how much detroit's defense is on the field, i really don't think the 'taking plays off' thing translates over here. parcells certainly wouldn't allow it. dude has crazy talent and he is one of the strongest guys in the NFL. take him.

I thought he was injury prone too but I think that is behind him. In 04 and 05 he missed those seasons, but 06 hedidnt miss any and 07 he only missed 1. But who knows, with our luck we would sign him and he'd go on IR during TC's

I'm starting to see a pattern here involving the Jets -

1. Jets are all over Samuels. All of a sudden it comes out that we are going to "heavily pursue" him.

2. Jets are rumored to have a deal going for a three-way trade involving Rogers. All of a sudden we jump in the sweepstakes.

3. Calvin Pace mentions the Jets 49ers and Dolphins as teams he may be signing with.

I don't see us getting in bidding wars when we have so many holes to fill. I think some of this is a smokescreen set up by the Tuna to drive the price up for one or more of these guys so we can keep the Jets away from the guy we really want, maybe Faneca?

I'm starting to see a pattern here involving the Jets -

1. Jets are all over Samuels. All of a sudden it comes out that we are going to "heavily pursue" him.

2. Jets are rumored to have a deal going for a three-way trade involving Rogers. All of a sudden we jump in the sweepstakes.

3. Calvin Pace mentions the Jets 49ers and Dolphins as teams he may be signing with.

I don't see us getting in bidding wars when we have so many holes to fill. I think some of this is a smokescreen set up by the Tuna to drive the price up for one or more of these guys so we can keep the Jets away from the guy we really want, maybe Faneca?

The Samuels and Rogers trades were all just rumors. Nothing has been said by the fins or any reputable source (as in source I mean someone with a name) that we are interested in Samuels or Rogers (as far as I know). Pace on the otherhand said himself that he thinks Miami is a good fit. Out of these three guys I want Pace the most.

Back
Top Bottom