[Merged] Fins giving Quinn a private workout | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Merged] Fins giving Quinn a private workout

Wow. The man crush for Quinn just astonishes me. I`ll give you that it was a fairly lengthy analysis but I would also say it was highly selective. First, and perhaps most important, nowhere do you mention the fact that Brady Quinn failed to win the big game. I`ve heard it manyn times that his O-line was pathetic, he didn`t have the same quality WRs as Russell, on and on. Simply put, these are just excuses. You are correct is saying Russell has the best arm to ever come out of college but when you speak of Brady`s arm, I think you are being very generous. His arm is OK, it is not great by any means. I rememebr hearing the same thing about Carr`s arm when he came out of college. Quinn has trouble with the deep and intermediate ball. Not that this would preclude him from having success in the NFL -and conversely, Russell`s arm does not guarantee success (see Jeaf George)- but let`s not overstate the guy`s arm.
You talk about Quinn`s work ethic, which while admirable, also does not translate into success. There is something very off putting about Quinn (****iness, sense of self entitlement) that I just don`t like, and I think will hurt him throughout his career. The comparisons to Brady are just laughable. Trust me, Brady QUinn will not come close to Tom Brady as far as success is concerned. Incidentally, you mention that you want a guy who is not friendly with the competition. Well, I think that is a lot of hooey. You can be friendly ( Tom Brady and J Taylor) and still be fierce competitors. Sometimes, the false animosity that exists between competing teams can distract from the game at hand, especially when you`re talking about a QB.
I`ve said it many times before on this site: Brady Quinn is one of the most overrated players to come out of college in a long while. He has been hyped primarily beacuse he plays for the Fighting Irish, America`s favourite college football team. He may have some success in the NFL, but to compare him to Brady, or even Peyotn for that matter, is a big stretch. If he falls to us at nine, I think we would be well served to trade out of the position and get some more picks. Brady Quinn is not the answer.

Yes, because obviously your excellent and detailed analysis, which basically amounts to "excuses are for a-holes" and "he never won the big game", obviously presents all sides of the story. Oh how stupid of me, to go on such detailed fact finding missions when it was really so simple, right in front of me the entire time...excuses are for a-holes! Gosh. How did I miss that?

Damn my eyes for actually taking the time and effort to analyze Brady Quinn on a throw-for-throw basis to figure out what happened in his losses. Damn my unbastioned stupidity for considering victories against Georgia Tech, UCLA, and Michigan to be big wins. How dare I actually look at his performance against USC in 2005 and discern how he brought his team to the brink of victory only to have it snatched away in the final seconds by a porous defense that allowed a ridiculous 4th down completion to Dwayne Jarrett after Quinn had put up the go-ahead touchdown. Such knowledge is dangerous! It can only lead to corruption! Burn the stat sheets! Burn the books!

It's quite obvious that I've been mesmerized by the mystique of the Touchdown Jesus, I have been corrupted by America's darling team which I happen to not like, coached by a coach whom I absolutely loath. But that is simply beside the point. I *must* like Brady Quinn only because he plays at Notre Dame, regardless of my lack of respect for the Fighting Irish and my detestation of their coach. It couldn't have possibly been objective analysis that led me to my conclusions, no way jose!

Yes, because obviously your excellent and detailed analysis, which basically amounts to "excuses are for a-holes" and "he never won the big game", obviously presents all sides of the story. Oh how stupid of me, to go on such detailed fact finding missions when it was really so simple, right in front of me the entire time...excuses are for a-holes! Gosh. How did I miss that?

Damn my eyes for actually taking the time and effort to analyze Brady Quinn on a throw-for-throw basis to figure out what happened in his losses. Damn my unbastioned stupidity for considering victories against Georgia Tech, UCLA, and Michigan to be big wins. How dare I actually look at his performance against USC in 2005 and discern how he brought his team to the brink of victory only to have it snatched away in the final seconds by a porous defense that allowed a ridiculous 4th down completion to Dwayne Jarrett after Quinn had put up the go-ahead touchdown. Such knowledge is dangerous! It can only lead to corruption! Burn the stat sheets! Burn the books!

It's quite obvious that I've been mesmerized by the mystique of the Touchdown Jesus, I have been corrupted by America's darling team which I happen to not like, coached by a coach whom I absolutely loath. But that is simply beside the point. I *must* like Brady Quinn only because he plays at Notre Dame, regardless of my lack of respect for the Fighting Irish and my detestation of their coach. It couldn't have possibly been objective analysis that led me to my conclusions, no way jose!

Am I sensing sarcasm....lol....j/k CK.....you my boy.....:goof:

WOW :sidelol: BURNED

we would have to trade up into the top 3 to get him, Detriot is expected to go QB and so is Oakland and Cleveland. so the top 3 in no particular order will be C.Johnson, J.Russel, and B.Quinn
I wouldn`t bank on it. Russell is a lock to go in the top three. Johnson -who I definintely think is worthy of a top three- is not a sure thing because Oakland doesn`t need a WR, Detroit has gone WR however many times and Cleveland has Edwards. If Quinn goes in the top three, I would expect that GM to be fired in the next four or five years.

i'd love to get brady but i'm actuallty hoping we like what we see from another QB cuz Brady would probably cost us our 1st 3 picks right ? I dunno if spending all that on a QB is the best thing for this franchise. Look what the giants gave up for ELI, they could have had Rivers, Merriman, and Kaeding !!
Do you want to be saying something like that about us if a QB selected later performs as well or better than Quinn ?

I'm whitcha' man... Good post!

Just a pinch, heh.

Lord knows with you being a Draft Guru, PM and all that jazz....you obviously have not one clue and are not reliable as far as good info.....hehehhehe.....:evil:

Shame for shame....j/k....MUHAHAHAHAHAHA....:bighug:

I wouldn`t bank on it. Russell is a lock to go in the top three. Johnson -who I definintely think is worthy of a top three- is not a sure thing because Oakland doesn`t need a WR, Detroit has gone WR however many times and Cleveland has Edwards. If Quinn goes in the top three, I would expect that GM to be fired in the next four or five years.

:confused:

okay assume the Raiders take Russel, who do you have Detriot taking? they don't need Joe Thomas, who else is top 3 worthy? Brady Quinn and Calvin Johnson, you could make a case for AP but Detriot thinks they are set at RB. Detriot could always trade down but trades are rare. they need a future QB so Brady Quinn is the only option that makes sense

[admin]Stop trying to circumvent the profanity filters ![/admin]

Again, if you have a crush on Quinn then that is between you and him. I find it interesting that you attribute several arguments to me when I myself never made the points. The priciple reasons I am not in love with Quinn, as others are, is as I mentioned several times -note: your reaction to my analysis seems to be so enmotionally charged that I can only assume that it is based on a subjective and biased opinion- his arm is not that great, he didn`t win the big games (and yes, I have heard your explanation of the USC game countless times, but in the end my friend, he lost the game; hardly reason to celebrate the fact he is a clutch performer. Also what happended in all those other big gamesÉ), and he has a me first attitude ( a la Ryan Leaf). The fact that you chose to ignore all the points and lampoon my post suggests that you have perhaps an unhealthy love for Quinn. Perhaps, your ebulliance is due to an infatuation with a player, whom I personally feel is hyped.
Some people don`t know their REMOVED from a hole in the groud. I find that people who are high on Quinn generally fall into this category. If Quinn is as good as you advertise, then I can assure you there would be no discussion about him possibly slipping to nine.
It`s Ojk to admit that you have an apparently unhealthy love for the Fighting Irish and Quinn . Just let it out man, why the secrecy. Closets are for clothes.

:confused:

okay assume the Raiders take Russel, who do you have Detriot taking? they don't need Joe Thomas, who else is top 3 worthy? Brady Quinn and Calvin Johnson, you could make a case for AP but Detriot thinks they are set at RB. Detriot could always trade down but trades are rare. they need a future QB so Brady Quinn is the only option that makes sense
If Russell goes to Oaklnad, and Quinn falls to Detroit (as you yourself suggest), then that leaves Cleveland, and according to your thoery (Johnson, Russell and quINN WILL ALL GO IN THE TOP 3), taking CJ. I find it hard to beleive that they will take CJ (as good as he is) when they took Edwards 2 years ago.

If Russell goes to Oaklnad, and Quinn falls to Detroit (as you yourself suggest), then that leaves Cleveland, and according to your thoery (Johnson, Russell and quINN WILL ALL GO IN THE TOP 3), taking CJ. I find it hard to beleive that they will take CJ (as good as he is) when they took Edwards 2 years ago.

you can make the case that the top 3 won't be as I suggested and I could be wrong, I admit that. but my point is that Brady Quinn won't make it past Cleveland at #3. I like Quinn as much as anyone but we aren't going to be able to get him unless we trade into the top 3.

Far too many people think that Brady Quinn is Tom Brady simply because Charlie Weiss is Quinn's coach. I think Quinn will be closer to Joey Harrington then Tom Brady when he gets to the NFL. I think Quinn has bust written all over him. I hope we don't draft him.

I think Calvin Johnson has everything needed to be a tremendous success in the NFL. I think he's a safe bet for any team picking in the top 5.

Far too many people think that Brady Quinn is Tom Brady simply because Charlie Weiss is Quinn's coach. I think Quinn will be closer to Joey Harrington then Tom Brady when he gets to the NFL. I think Quinn has bust written all over him. I hope we don't draft him.

care to explain?

[admin]You don't get banned for disagreeing...you get banned for violating the TOS with personal attacks and circumventing the profanity filters. Get that fact straight and learn the rules[/admin]

Back
Top Bottom