[Merged] Fins giving Quinn a private workout | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Merged] Fins giving Quinn a private workout

That was supposed to be better?

yes it is, the point is there's nothing to suggest that Quinn will be a bust. he is the most NFL ready QB to come out in years and the fact that he played QB at Notre Dame shows that he knows how to operate under pressure. being the QB of Notre Dame is like playing CF for the Yankees

I really wasn't trying to make a point just posting the facts and thought I would let the rest of you judge them. But since you asked. Of course I don't think drafting a guy in the first round means he is a sure deal. But I do realize, which I think the facts show, that you have a better chance of finding a starting caliber QB in the first round than you do later rounds. Sure you can always find one every now and then but no one talks about all of the guys that don't make it in the later rounds. If you want to talk 6th round and later I could come up with a huge list of guys you and I have never heard of because they never did anything in the NFL. A few success stories doesn't mean that you are just as likely to find a great QB in the later rounds as you are the first. Even if it is only 50/50 in the first round, the point is that the % continues to go down as the draft order does. It is far less than 50% in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and beyond that I would be willing to bet it is below 10%. When you get to 6th, 7th and undrafted, it is probably about 1%. My point is only to say that draft order does matter, and if you want to find a great QB you have a lot better chances of finding them in the first than you do later. That sounds like an obvious statement but reading these post, one wouldn't think so.

Well I see this point as a penetrating glance into the obvious. You could say the same thing about runningbacks. And probably Wrs too. It may even apply to OLinemen. Come to think about it, it could apply to every single position in the NFL!
My point is that when selecting a QB, there are far more important things than mindless statistics and where the guy was selected. Brady (definitely not to be confused with that fraud from Notre Dame) is the best Qb to have ever played. Better than Joe, Dan, Terry, John or Peyton. He was drafted in the sixth, and although it certainly was a surprise to many, no one can argue with the fact that he was selected in the sixth. It's a fact.
You appear to be suggesting that we draft a Qb in the first because our odds will be better that we will aqcuire a superstar Qb than if we were to take someone else in a later round. I am sugegsting that the odds are very low for any Qb to succeed in the NFL, and that there are enough examples out there to show that draft position has shown to be a poor indicator of success when it comes to QBs, and moreover, if we can draft a position where draft positionis a better indicator of success, then we should do so.
Said differently: Don't waste a ninth pick on a bum (profanity?:hide: ) like Brady (definitely not to be confused with that star in NE).

yes it is, the point is there's nothing to suggest that Quinn will be a bust.
:sidelol: I guess you missed the Michigan game.
he is the most NFL ready QB to come out in years
:sidelol: :sidelol: NFL ready....(snicker)....In the same way that Tony Mandarich was the most NFL ready OT to come out of college?:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:
being the QB of Notre Dame is like playing CF for the Yankees
Wrong. Yankees fans are far more discerning when it comes to their team. They can smell a fraud a mile away.

can you guys call him QUINN thats his last name, jesus everytime i read brady i think you talk about the pats qb

Im sure we will workout all of the top guys, fact is he wont be there at 9 and were not dumb enough to give up the farm to trade up and get'm.....

Quinn=irrelevant

Quinn will not be a bust, he has played in a NFL set offense for two years. I don't see anyone saying he will be gods gift, but to say he is a bust before even suiting up is just silly. The kid can make all the throws, and is smart, and the Tom Brady's old coach compares Quinn to Brady.

Personally, I hope we get him at # 9, I don't think I would trade up for him because we need the picks. But if we get him great!

If people think he will be a bust, so be it, but I have yet to see a valid argument against him.

In fact if we want to look at it that way, anyone we pick at number 1 can be a bust, there is no sure set guarentee on anyone!

Quinn will not be a bust, he has played in a NFL set offense for two years. I don't see anyone saying he will be gods gift, but to say he is a bust before even suiting up is just silly. The kid can make all the throws, and is smart, and the Tom Brady's old coach compares Quinn to Brady.

Personally, I hope we get him at # 9, I don't think I would trade up for him because we need the picks. But if we get him great!

If people think he will be a bust, so be it, but I have yet to see a valid argument against him.

In fact if we want to look at it that way, anyone we pick at number 1 can be a bust, there is no sure set guarentee on anyone!

I agree on all fronts, he's not gonna be there at 9 so all this talk about Quinn is for the birds..

I guess these experts at judging quarterback talent should call Cameron and Mueller so they can cancel the private workout for Quinn. Its painfully obvious since he has the label that he can't win the big game he is going to be a bust in the NFL, much like Marino was a bust because he couldn't win the big game and bring Miami a Super Bowl trophy.
Geeze, why in the world did Denver ever draft John Elway since he never won the big games in Stanford and never even took Stanford to a bowl game. We all know what a bust Elway was in Denver.
It was all Quinn's fault ND never won the big games just like it was Barry Sanders fault Detroit never became a winner while he played there. Of course we, as Miami fans know it was all Dan Marino's fault we never had a Super Bowl championship during his tenure as quarterback. I guess this realization should rewrite all the sports history books about a lot of careers, Quinns, Marino's, Elway's, Sander's, Jim Kelly's and others.

Well I see this point as a penetrating glance into the obvious. You could say the same thing about runningbacks. And probably Wrs too. It may even apply to OLinemen. Come to think about it, it could apply to every single position in the NFL!
My point is that when selecting a QB, there are far more important things than mindless statistics and where the guy was selected. Brady (definitely not to be confused with that fraud from Notre Dame) is the best Qb to have ever played. Better than Joe, Dan, Terry, John or Peyton. He was drafted in the sixth, and although it certainly was a surprise to many, no one can argue with the fact that he was selected in the sixth. It's a fact.
You appear to be suggesting that we draft a Qb in the first because our odds will be better that we will aqcuire a superstar Qb than if we were to take someone else in a later round. I am sugegsting that the odds are very low for any Qb to succeed in the NFL, and that there are enough examples out there to show that draft position has shown to be a poor indicator of success when it comes to QBs, and moreover, if we can draft a position where draft positionis a better indicator of success, then we should do so.
Said differently: Don't waste a ninth pick on a bum (profanity?:hide: ) like Brady (definitely not to be confused with that star in NE).

Heya Phinphan, please tell me how you came to this conclusion?

I guess these experts at judging quarterback talent should call Cameron and Mueller so they can cancel the private workout for Quinn. Its painfully obvious since he has the label that he can't win the big game he is going to be a bust in the NFL, much like Marino was a bust because he couldn't win the big game and bring Miami a Super Bowl trophy.
Geeze, why in the world did Denver ever draft John Elway since he never won the big games in Stanford and never even took Stanford to a bowl game. We all know what a bust Elway was in Denver.
It was all Quinn's fault ND never won the big games just like it was Barry Sanders fault Detroit never became a winner while he played there. Of course we, as Miami fans know it was all Dan Marino's fault we never had a Super Bowl championship during his tenure as quarterback. I guess this realization should rewrite all the sports history books about a lot of careers, Quinns, Marino's, Elway's, Sander's, Jim Kelly's and others.

Guess the fact he wont be there at 9 doesnt matter??

Oh, if only I could remember how many times i have made the same argument. I really get tired of people complaining/arguing about Quinn not winning the BIG GAMES. This is "STUUUUUUUPID." If the thought process is this, then it should be easy to draft players coming out. For instance, this year, only draft Florida players and stay away from O-State players. Or, last year, only draft Texas players, and stay away from USC players like Lienart and Bush.
Again, this is the stupidest argument ever, and I couldnt agree with you more here.

Oh, if only I could remember how many times i have made the same argument. I really get tired of people complaining/arguing about Quinn not winning the BIG GAMES. This is "STUUUUUUUPID." If the thought process is this, then it should be easy to draft players coming out. For instance, this year, only draft Florida players and stay away from O-State players. Or, last year, only draft Texas players, and stay away from USC players like Lienart and Bush.
Again, this is the stupidest argument ever, and I couldnt agree with you more here.
The stupidest argument ever made was that Brady Quinn is comparable to Tom Brady. A close second is that we should take Quinn if available at nine.
Don't beleive the hype.

Back
Top Bottom