Merged: For the fans that want fins to get a Corner. Dre Bly demands a trade. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: For the fans that want fins to get a Corner. Dre Bly demands a trade.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL

The Lions have given cornerback Dre' Bly permission to seek a trade.

Bly is considered a poor fit in head coach Rod Marinelli's defense. "I have a tremendous amount of respect for Matt (Millen) and Rod allowing me the opportunity to find a home for Dre’ Bly that is more conducive to his Pro Bowl skill set," the cornerback's agent said. Bly, a playmaking cover corner who's not yet 30, should net Detroit at least a first-day pick. Feb. 13

Any thoughts on this. Might come cheaper than Samuals or Clements. And could probably be had for Morris and something else, Because of what happened to Jones

Next years 7th round, with a chance of it becoming a 6th if he goes to a probowl :D

29 is actually when a lot of D-backs start to lose a step or two.....if he was 25 I would say lets do it.

Bly is a corner not a safety and if we can have him for a 4th than it is an absolute steal. he is a solid #1 corner which we need, he is still young and you can't draft anybody who will be better than him in the 4th round. you have to try and get him for a 4th if you can

Actually it would be a steal, the problem is, who would be stealing from who. He will be let go, if not, we cannot give up anymore draft picks, and besides he is looking for a big pay day that will hurt our cap.

Plus, if you read deeper into the article, it mentions that Bly doesn't fit the Lion's Tampa 2 style defense because he is more of a press-cover corner. When you look at our defense, we don't play a lot of man coverage either. A lot of our schemes are based on a variety of zone looks in the secondary. Bly wouldn't be better than anyone we have now, and he would certainly be more expensive.

Bly is considered a poor fit in head coach Rod Marinelli's defense. "I have a tremendous amount of respect for Matt (Millen) and Rod allowing me the opportunity to find a home for Dre’ Bly that is more conducive to his Pro Bowl skill set," the cornerback's agent said. Bly, a playmaking cover corner who's not yet 30, should net Detroit at least a first-day pick. Feb. 13

Any thoughts on this. Might come cheaper than Samuals or Clements. And could probably be had for Morris and something else, Because of what happened to Jones

You know, if we can work out a reasonable trade offer with the Lions. Then I'm all for it. Honestly, (IMO) Dre Bly is now the best CB available this offseason. I would really like for the Phins to make a serious push for Dre Bly, but again, only for a reasonable price.

I would hate to give away anymore compensation as far as draft picks go, unless it was for a 4th pick or later. But chances are, Matt Millen (being clueless as he is) will be asking alot more than what Bly is worth.

I see this thing coming down like the Harrington dilema....Millen will ask for too much, no one will bite, and eventually, Bly will be traded for much less or outright released.

How much value do you guys put in Bly? a 3rd rd pick?

:shakeno: BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!!!
Trade up and try to get Thomas/Johnson
Pick up Fred Bennett (CB) in the second round
Pick up a young QB in the later rounds (Zabransky??)
No more giving up picks- we just gave up our 5th for Mr. Harrington, Saban could have benched him and played Lemon, and we'd still probably be 6-10 but we'd HAVE a 5th round pick. Why did we let Joey get to that point in his reps?? (we had to give up a 5th round pick if Joey played a certain percentage of the snaps)

He's not pro bowl caliber now. He's no better than Allen or Goodman at this point.

Lets trade booker, Kevin Carter, and Joey(LOL)...we would get a sick corner in return and save all that cap room by getting rid of those three players!!!

Back
Top Bottom