Merged: For the fans that want fins to get a Corner. Dre Bly demands a trade. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: For the fans that want fins to get a Corner. Dre Bly demands a trade.

BillsFanInPeace

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL

The Lions have given cornerback Dre' Bly permission to seek a trade.

Bly is considered a poor fit in head coach Rod Marinelli's defense. "I have a tremendous amount of respect for Matt (Millen) and Rod allowing me the opportunity to find a home for Dre’ Bly that is more conducive to his Pro Bowl skill set," the cornerback's agent said. Bly, a playmaking cover corner who's not yet 30, should net Detroit at least a first-day pick. Feb. 13

Any thoughts on this. Might come cheaper than Samuals or Clements. And could probably be had for Morris and something else, Because of what happened to Jones

No more trading away picks.
No more Lions players either.

No way - this guy is simply trying to take advantage of the big FA dollars right now. He has a year left on his deal. He would not only cost in the trade but then would want a big payday. He is not a shut down corner - he thinks he is - but he is too small and not good enough IMO to dominate at DB for the kind of money he will want. The Bills should get him to replace Clements. We would give you Morris to help that trade. Let's see - take away Nate and add Bly - I'm sure our WR's wouldn't mind that trade.

I want all of our picks .wait and see if he gets released..

No more trading away picks.
No more Lions players either.

They are looking for picks, but much like happened with Joey, they may be wanting anything they can get. So that being said you might be able to get him for Morris. There are other reports they would take a 4th too. So you never know you may be able to get them to Bite on a RB. With Ricky returning

No way - this guy is simply trying to take advantage of the big FA dollars right now. He has a year left on his deal. He would not only cost in the trade but then would want a big payday. He is not a shut down corner - he thinks he is - but he is too small and not good enough IMO to dominate at DB for the kind of money he will want. The Bills should get him to replace Clements. We would give you Morris to help that trade. Let's see - take away Nate and add Bly - I'm sure our WR's wouldn't mind that trade.

Bills may do this trade, IF they like his play in a cover 2. See the thing with Nate is the def does not need that shut down corner. And with the money he is asking for He may walk. Now that being said we could also get a pick for Hargrove, so this trade may happen. But most likely not, I see the Bills going with Rod Hood

These are the kind of moves we should be trying to make. I commend Detroit for being proactive.

I'd prefer one younger and cheaper. I'd rather have Aaron Ross or Marcus McCauley in the draft. Bly is good, but I don't think it would be a wise move.

Dre Bly is a great CB somepeople say he is overratted but i think thats a bunch of bs

Lets not give away any more picks, draft a S if needed, but no more trades.

Bly is a corner not a safety and if we can have him for a 4th than it is an absolute steal. he is a solid #1 corner which we need, he is still young and you can't draft anybody who will be better than him in the 4th round. you have to try and get him for a 4th if you can

He is a RFA and is going to want big money. Not worth big money plus we don't need to keep giving up draft picks for guys. How about we just draft a S and develop him? Tired of paying out DP's for other teams' throw-aways. Doesn't matter how good he is, he costs too much more than likely, particularly the DP. JMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom