Merged: Good ideas/No one knows! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Good ideas/No one knows!

FIN54FAN

GO FINS GO! (PLZ Draft Brown)
Reaction score
Good Ideas!

Everyone here has good ideas and views on whats going to happen in the draft but no one really has no idea what is actually going to happen. lol. Some are all for qb and others for rb, and then on top of that people have other ideas. I respect all your opinions and i agree with them, but Saben isnt letin anyone no whats going on. :)

I agree, and it's an extremely interesting year

Saban earned my confidence by pursuing defensive linemen in free agency. That was the weakest area on the roster he inherited, IMO. We still need a disruptive young DT, much more than a safety.

I'm not as preoccupied with the second pick as the later round strategy. I like to gamble on greatness with every late pick, a former top prospect who fell out of favor due to a position switch or short term injury, for example. I can't stand camp fodder, mediocre athletes who you know can't contribute heavily even if they somehow make the roster. Lately we have taken camp fodder as high as the 2nd and 3rd round, namely Seth McKinney and especially Taylor Whitley.

I am for more hot cheerleaders. Good QBs and RBs are a dime a dozen. But a really hot cheerleader is easily worth our second pick and/or Patrick Surtain. Because when the team and the game stinks - the eyes of most of the guys in the stadium turn to the cheerleaders. Let's give the ticket holders a quick return for his money.

FIN54FAN said:
Everyone here has good ideas and views on whats going to happen in the draft but no one really has no idea what is actually going to happen. lol. Some are all for qb and others for rb, and then on top of that people have other ideas. I respect all your opinions and i agree with them, but Saben isnt letin anyone no whats going on. :)

RIGHT! BUT DOES SABAN KNOW YET EITHER?

No one knows!

I like the fact that no one has any idea who miami is going to take in the draft. Even in the JJ era we had a good idea who miami was going to take. Remember John Avery everyone knew we were going to take him. Nick Saban is tight lipped and hopefully it will give us a competative advantage.

Dphins said:
I like the fact that no one has any idea who miami is going to take in the draft. Even in the JJ era we had a good idea who miami was going to take. Remember John Avery everyone knew we were going to take him. Nick Saban is tight lipped and hopefully it will give us a competative advantage.

I don't recall anyone knowing we were going to take Avery. All I remember is everyone being totally in shock over the selection. I know I was. I was like "WTF!!!!!"

Dphins said:

I agree 100% and it's painfully obvious that we have no clue.

No one knows who Saban will select in the draft and all we can do is guess and discuss the pros and cons of our guess. That is what fills message boards this time of year.

Still, it's fun to talk about. :)

CaptainK said:
I am for more hot cheerleaders. Good QBs and RBs are a dime a dozen. But a really hot cheerleader is easily worth our second pick and/or Patrick Surtain. Because when the team and the game stinks - the eyes of most of the guys in the stadium turn to the cheerleaders. Let's give the ticket holders a quick return for his money.

:yeahthat:

SCall13 said:
I don't recall anyone knowing we were going to take Avery. All I remember is everyone being totally in shock over the selection. I know I was. I was like "WTF!!!!!"

If you didn't know you must not have been reading the papers they could not stop gushing about Avery. They said they were going to wait untill the second to take him but if you read betweem the lines you could tell the Dolphins weren't going to wait. They drafted towards the end of the first round.

Dphins said:
If you didn't know you must not have been reading the papers they could not stop gushing about Avery. They said they were going to wait untill the second to take him but if you read betweem the lines you could tell the Dolphins weren't going to wait. They drafted towards the end of the first round.

I was reading the papers and every mock draft our there, listening to the "experts" watching ESPN, ESPN NEWS, ESPN 2, etc. And I don't remember anything about us drafting Avery at all, much less in the 1st round.

CaptainK said:
:roflmao:Good one, that's the funniest thing I've heard on this site for a while.

SCall13 said:
I was reading the papers and every mock draft our there, listening to the "experts" watching ESPN, ESPN NEWS, ESPN 2, etc. And I don't remember anything about us drafting Avery at all, much less in the 1st round.

I gotta agree with SCall, I was shocked/pissed when they picked Avery. I never saw it coming. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom