Merged:Greenwood, Minor, Sage get Tenders/Miami trying to retain need players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Greenwood, Minor, Sage get Tenders/Miami trying to retain need players

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Greenwood, Minor, Sage get Tenders

From the same article as the Fiedler Restructures thread......

LB Morlon Greenwood, RB Travis Minor, and QB Sage Rosenfels all received qualifying offers of $628,000 for one year. .

This all but assure that they will remain Dolphins in 2004.

Miami would get a #3 for Morlon or Minor, and a 4th for Sage (I believe).

The other three restricted free agents for the Dolphins are running back Travis Minor, linebacker Morlon Greenwood and quarterback Sage Rosenfels. All received qualifying offers of $628,000 for one year. That would give the Dolphins the right to match or get a draft pick equivalent to their original draft round.
that is very suprising to me that we would tender a starter and critical backup and STs player at the min or 3rd RD tenders. If I was a team w/lots of picks and some cap room who needed a LB, I w/sign Greenwood in a heartbeat. He w/b better in a different D that was not totally geared toward Zach IMO.

I really like Minor, but think a 3rd is a bit to give up for him as he has never proven can be a starter.

Now that Sage is solidly the #3 QB, the 4th rd tender make sense.

Miami trying to retain need players......

Dolphins | Rosenfels Receives Qualifying Offer - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:42:04 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have made a qualifying offer to restricted free agent QB Sage Rosenfels. The offer gives the Dolphins the right to match or get a fourth-round draft pick in return if Rosenfels signs with another team.

Dolphins | Greenwood Receives Qualifying Offer - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:41:32 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have made a qualifying offer to restricted free agent LB Morlon Greenwood. The offer gives the Dolphins the right to match or get a third-round draft pick in return if Greenwood signs with another team.

Dolphins | Minor Receives Qualifying Offer - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:41:22 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have made a qualifying offer to restricted free agent RB Travis Minor. The offer gives the Dolphins the right to match or get a third-round draft pick in return if Minor signs with another team.

I think we need all these guys on our team, and not too many teams will give up draft picks for these players IMO.

hopefully not, but i wouldnt be heartbroken if we got a 3rd round pick for minor since he will likely eventually move on and we did draft leonhard henry for a reason. Minor is big for 3rd down/special teams/and is expected to see more of the ball this year but if someone comes after him and we get a 3rd for him, i wouldnt be oppose letting him go to fulfill a bigger role with another team for more money.

greenwood we need to keep, sage i expect us to keep

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
hopefully not, but i wouldnt be heartbroken if we got a 3rd round pick for minor since he will likely eventually move on and we did draft leonhard henry for a reason. Minor is big for 3rd down/special teams/and is expected to see more of the ball this year but if someone comes after him and we get a 3rd for him, i wouldnt be oppose letting him go to fulfill a bigger role with another team for more money.

greenwood we need to keep, sage i expect us to keep

I've been thinking the same thing! I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of Henry!

Since our offense is now a west coast type of offense, minor's importance has increased. I always believed Minor should have got more playing time last year. He brings a dimension of speed to the running back core.

I think Henry brings the same stuff! He runs just alittle bigger than minor!

signs like trestman and feeley indicate that it may in the future, but i dont think well see it right away

I wouldn't mind letting sage go

a fourth is good return for him
he has no future here
he's never going to challenge or start

he is really good at wearing a visor and holding a clipboard on sundays though...

Originally posted by dolphan39
that is very suprising to me that we would tender a starter and critical backup and STs player at the min or 3rd RD tenders. If I was a team w/lots of picks and some cap room who needed a LB, I w/sign Greenwood in a heartbeat. He w/b better in a different D that was not totally geared toward Zach IMO.

I really like Minor, but think a 3rd is a bit to give up for him as he has never proven can be a starter.

Now that Sage is solidly the #3 QB, the 4th rd tender make sense.

Well, Greenwood is definitely not worth a first round tender We gave him a 3rd round tender because he was drafted in the 3rd round. It is the same deal with Minor, he got a 3rd round tender because of the round he was drafted. You can't give a player a lower tender than the round they were drafted.

Originally posted by finsnchips
I wouldn't mind letting sage go

a fourth is good return for him
he has no future here
he's never going to challenge or start

he is really good at wearing a visor and holding a clipboard on sundays though...

I would definitely rather have Rosenfels than a 4th round pick. I really hope that no one will try to sign him, and I think he will stick around because he has had barely any playing time so I don't think anyone will give a 4th rounder for him.

Should be able to keep Greenwood & Minor, any offers will probably be minor unless Snyder & Gibbs want them.
Replacing them with the unproven Henry & Moore (injury concerns too) would be risky. Would probably have to draft a LB and/or a RB with those compensation picks, unless we bring in a FA.

Minor is the perfect off the bench compliment to Ricky and w/b our KR again. If we lose Hendricks, I can even see Minor be a Captain on STs... I really hope no one noticed him...

Back
Top Bottom