MERGED: Haslett Admits Steroid Use | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Haslett Admits Steroid Use

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Haslett Admits Steroid Use

Saints coach says he took them for six weeks one offseason before they were banned. Also says half the league was using them in the 80s.

Haslett, who said that "all the offensive and defensive linemen, linebackers" were steroids users during his playing career, said the Steelers of the 1970s were big users. The Steelers won four Super Bowls in six years, beginning in 1974-75.

"It started, really, in Pittsburgh," Haslett said in the Post-Gazette. "They got an advantage on a lot of football teams. They were so much stronger [in the] '70s, late '70s, early '80s ... They're the ones who kind of started it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2020408

Well chances are a lot of the Dolphins took steriods as well.

BengalsFan said:
They didn't have steroids in the 1970's. As much as I want to believe it because I hate the Steelers, it simply isn't true.

Ahh, I think Arnold might have something different to say about that...

BengalsFan said:
They didn't have steroids in the 1970's. As much as I want to believe it because I hate the Steelers, it simply isn't true.

Of course they did. They've been around since the 60's. HTF do you think Arnold got so huge?

As a bodybuilder myself,steriods were first introduced in the late forties after the
war.

BengalsFan said:

Very, very wrong :shakeno:

Steroids have been around pro football since 1963, when the Chargers, in thier only championship year, were given steroids in training camp that year. Also steroids were well known in the Olympics(East German women especially with thier dominant swimming performances), and bodybuilding. Lyle Alzado, who probably was the most high-profile defensive end in the late 70's, admitted that he had been a steroid user his entire NFL carrer and did it to bulk up from the low 220's in his college days. John Ayers, a good guard with the 49'ers from the late 70's until 1984, died from a steroid induced cancer. Also it is likely that some Steeler offensive linemen, maybe Mike Webster, Jon Kolb, possibly Larry Brown, had bulked up up with steriods.

During the late 70's and early 80's the Dolphins players were generally thinner and lighter than players on other teams were, so it's likely that the Dolphins were not on steroids at that time.

BengalsFan said:

There were steroids in the 70's (look at the Governator) and why are you on a FINS board?! Just cuz we went 4-12 doesn't mean we'll in any shape or form start associating with Bengal Fans----in all due respect you guys are the definition of a losing franchise,,,SERIOUSLY :yell:

BLUESTIGIDY said:
There were steroids in the 70's (look at the Governator) and why are you on a FINS board?! Just cuz we went 4-12 doesn't mean we'll in any shape or form start associating with Bengal Fans----in all due respect you guys are the definition of a losing franchise,,,SERIOUSLY :yell:
\
DAMN the trolls!!!

I don't care, they weren't illegal and I don't think they were banned in the 70's. If the Steelers took them, they were well within their rights to.

Back
Top Bottom