MERGED: Heat lost (from Main) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Heat lost (from Main)

SoCal Raider said:
Since most of you probably follow the Heat (and are more objective about this than a Laker fan like myself), who was the top dog on this squad... Wade or Shaq?

wade

SoCal Raider said:
Since most of you probably follow the Heat (and are more objective about this than a Laker fan like myself), who was the top dog on this squad... Wade or Shaq?

Shaq is the bigger name player, but IMO Wade is more important to the success of the team (just look at how they played with the respective players out of the lineup, they got by without Shaq and just looked lost without D-Wade). Wade is one of the better guards in the entire league now, IMO...and I believe he'll make that final jump into one of the game's true elites next season.

X-Con said:
Not only does it sound like you're not a Heat fan, but it also sounds like you don't know a damn thing about basketball.

NEXT..............

What did he say that was incorrect? Shaq is an egocentric oaf. He has demanded a contract of over 40 million per season, he continues to take potshots at the Lakers and Magic when the issue is seemingly dead a buried. He loves to make it known that he calls teammates at 4 AM, like it is a good thing. The Big Idiot should realize that maybe calling during "normal" hours would be more effective. I mean seriously, calling during a playoff run at that hour, purely self indulgance. He gets pissy whenever another teammate gets the spotlight for more than a minute. When the teams he plays on lose, he never takes the blame. Oh no, it is always the refs fault or that his teammates didn't get ihm the ball. This is a guy who refused for years to get himself into shape, even choosing to have surgery on his knee during the seaosn instead of in the Summer time when he could have rehabbed it all the way or close to it. This is aselfish guy. Quite frankly, I am glad he is out of L.A. I will suffer the couple of losing season if ti means having a younger, team with less headaches ( and yes Kobe is a headache but one headache is better than two ).

Seocndly, There are better players than Wade. Wade is good, and will someday be great, but I wouldn't call him great yet. His "injury" was overblown. They act like he got shot or something. He pulled a Jordan ( gee I am sick ) with different results. LeBron Carmelo, Kobe, AI, Duncan, Amare, Dirk, Ginobli, Pierce, McGrady, Ray Lewis and a few others are arguably better. Plus, they have a longer track record in the league than two years ( for the most part, LeBron and Melo, obviously not ). Plus, some have actually won championships.

Dwayne is good. He is helped greatly by Shaq's presence. I think that next year, you will really start to see him develop even further, however, there are still plenty of players I would pick to win against him one on one in the NBA.

How many guards do you think could win against Wade 1-on-1 (forwards don't count IMHO :) )??

How many guards do you think could win against Wade 1-on-1 (forwards don't count IMHO :))??

Muck said:
How many guards do you think could win against Wade 1-on-1 (forwards don't count IMHO :) )??

Loaded question. A lot of players are Tweeners now and can be both guards or forwards. Kobe is a perfect example, as is Caron Butler. The basis of the question was players that are better than Wade, not guards. However, my list would be as follows probably.

Kobe
AI
T-Mac
Ray Allen
Vince Carter
Ginobli
Pierce

Plus, I think Nash and Arenas would give him a run for his money.

The fact that you listed Carmelo Anthony as an "arguably" better player than Dwyane Wade makes me sick to my stomach.

As for 1-on-1 basketball, that means absolutely nothing. In 1-on-1 basketball, a great shooter can easily beat a player who is 10 steps ahead in every other aspect of the game. Your example: Rasual Butler beat Caron Butler's *** last year when they went head up(I read it in a Slam article, he beat him 2/3 times).

Which guards in the league can you argue to be better than Dwyane Wade? Allen Iverson, Ray Allen(my 2nd favorite player), Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady...it stops there. Wade is a top 5 guard right now, if not top 3. I'd put Wade, T-Mac, & Kobe in a class of their own. To put Vince Carter up there is another thing that is disgusting. I mean come on now, at what point do we start adding "heart, effort, & leadership" to define how good a player really is? I refuse to put Steve Nash up there due to his defense. Gilbert Arenas is my guy, but when his shot's off...he doesn't contribute in any other way. Sorry, but a player who becomes ineffective when his shot is off cannot be named a superstar or a top 5 guard. Manu Ginobili? Please. He's one of the RARE guys who turn it up in the playoffs but doesn't do sh-t in an 82-game season. He was probably the worse All-Star guard selection ever, 16-4-4? That's a joke. Paul Pierce is a banger and he can bring it on every level, but he's not exactly elite in any level other than scoring, which took a downfall this year. He's an All-Star caliber player, but he's in the second or third class.

Btw - LeBron James is not a guard, nor has this dude ever shown an ounce of leadership. Right now he's an All-Star caliber player who has done absolutely nothing when it counts the most.

Samphin said:
Loaded question. A lot of players are Tweeners now and can be both guards or forwards. Kobe is a perfect example, as is Caron Butler. The basis of the question was players that are better than Wade, not guards. However, my list would be as follows probably.

Kobe
AI
T-Mac
Ray Allen
Vince Carter
Ginobli
Pierce

Plus, I think Nash and Arenas would give him a run for his money.

:lol:

BIAS ALERT!

phunwin said:
That's not fair. Wade played his heart out, he just ran out of gas in the fourth. That's not an uncommon occurrence when your ribs hurt so much that you can't catch your breath. Shaq played a good, if limited game, but then, that's basically the same game he's played for 4 years now.

At the risk of sounding like the smug winner, you guys should be proud of this team. In the final analysis, they took a team of two superstars and a collection of has-beens and never-weres pretty damn far. That's an excellent team, and they're going to be better next year with Wade a year older and wiser, and Dorrell Wright maybe contributing.

has-beens and never-weres?

Just kiss the ground that the HEAT was a mash unit and you got a free game (game 6) to eek out a 7 game series win.

NaboCane said:
Yeah, he's one of those sad clowns.

I'm actually a drunk clown. :goof:

Anyway, what gives? I give my reasons for my opinions and just cause I disagree with yours I get insults thrown my way. Like I said, I'm not a Heat fan, but I do love NBA basketball (76ers fan). I know my team sucks, but I had to route for someone. Why not the better of the 2 in this series? Detroit, easy!

Back
Top Bottom