MERGED: I dont want kc's 2006 2nd round pick.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: I dont want kc's 2006 2nd round pick....

rickysux said:
I do not want to trade surtain for kc's 2006 2nd round pick because kc is making a superbowl run and with the additions of surtain, knight, bell and others they will make the playoffs and that 2nd round pick will be almost like a 3rd in 06' screw that surtain is worth more i think fair value would next years first imo.
I think that N Saban has the Dolphins best interest's and will stick to his guns about the proper compensation for P Surtain!!
KC needs a gigantic reality check...

Marino1983

I have to agree with The Bad Guy. The Ciefs were awesome 2 seasons ago and almost ran the table. Then last year their offense was just as potent until Priest went down (I lost $3k in fantasy over that :mad: ). They have the ability to outscore any team. If they can get their Defense into the top 25 I think they are a lock for the playoffs.

I'd demand their 2nd this year or a conditional 1st next year. Conditional on playing time or Pat getting 1 INT!!

i would be very willing to settle for KC's 1st next year and not get anything this year. We should somehow be able to trade out 1st this year for atleast a pretty early 1st and early 2nd. And then maybe trade the other first for a later 1st and another 2nd. Which would give us a later 1st, 2 2nds, and a 3rd. I'd be plenty happy bout that. Anyway then we could have 2 firsts next year and some leverage.

saves said:
I don't see them making much of a run even with Surtain. I think the Raiders will be fighting it out with the Chargers for the division, and the Broncos and Cheifs should round out the division.

At the best right now the Raiders are looking to be the Chiefs from last year. Even then I don't know that they will jump from 20 ppg to 30 ppg by adding Moss and Jordan. The Vikings O was never that good with a more talented cast. Most people forget, but the Raiders somehow managed to actually give up more points last year then the Chiefs. That is quite a feat.

rickysux said:
I do not want to trade surtain for kc's 2006 2nd round pick because kc is making a superbowl run and with the additions of surtain, knight, bell and others they will make the playoffs and that 2nd round pick will be almost like a 3rd in 06' screw that surtain is worth more i think fair value would next years first imo.

The Chiefs aren't going to the superbowl.

some of you guys dont seem to get it, ofcourse we'd rather keep surtain, if we could. but we can't given the sitautions of money.

Surferosa said:
Who said theyre talking about the 2006 2nd? The Phins want a number 2 this year.

This is what i was thinking. But if it all comes down in such a way, it should be a third this year and a 2nd next year. Otherwise, just let the year play itself out and tag him next year if you want to keep him.

Hostile7 said:
I would rather have their 2nd this year, but if we got something this year (a 4th) and a 2nd next year it wouldn't be so bad.

Does anyone believe they're gonna improve that much? They might have a top 5 pick. Their division is strong and 3 new defensive players won't fix that mess.
you're right... 3 defensive all-stars don't fix the greatest offense in the nfl. they might help fill holes in the defense. moss aint' gonna be that much of a factor. by week 5 he'll be complaining and if he gets hit by knight (or any of the chiefs defense) he'll start crying or be broken in half.
the chiefs need a defense to get the the superbowl... they're getting there. the defense played well at times last year (beating indianapolis and SMOKING atlanta (56-10 is talent... it was amazing). they need leaders and attitudes that will help on the field.

look the new pass inference rules has absolutely changed how a defensive coordinator looks at their secondary. It's harder to jam a receiver at the line, and the new breed of CB has gotta to be a speedster to shadow routes. The game is going to shift more towards zone and disguised coverages than straight-up man-on-man. A guy like Surtain might have fetched a first-rounder a couple years ago, but now with the rule changes I doubt any CB in the league would fetch a 1st rounder (especially with no real bidding war over Surtain, KC is the only real suitor as far as I can tell).

I think a 2006 2nd rounder PLUS a 2005 5th or 6th rounder (or a 4th would be wonderful too) is a realistic offer we may see from KC. Remember it's Vermeil's last year on his contract, I wouldn't be surprised if he gives away future draft picks in an effort to try and reach a superbowl this year. I think we should take advantage of any opportunity to get a 2nd rounder and some cap relief. It's a shame we gotta think of creative ways to get rid of such a great player, but such is the legacy of the Wanny era.

Surtain for a 4th

I agree with Saban by saying that a 4th rounder is not enuff. the only acceptable option is a 2nd and a 4th. or a 1st next year and a 4th this year

Back
Top Bottom