MERGED: I dont want kc's 2006 2nd round pick.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: I dont want kc's 2006 2nd round pick....

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
I dont want kc's 2006 2nd round pick....

I do not want to trade surtain for kc's 2006 2nd round pick because kc is making a superbowl run and with the additions of surtain, knight, bell and others they will make the playoffs and that 2nd round pick will be almost like a 3rd in 06' screw that surtain is worth more i think fair value would next years first imo.

Patience is the key here... KC needs defense and their players on offense aren't that young..They have maybe 2 years to get the most out of that high-powered offense...
This deal should get done and the Chiefs will pay Miami's asking price...

Is it possible to keep him and then franchise him next year. I have a feeling KC is playing a wait and see game. They think we will release him or finally give up and take a high round pick. I dont want to lose one of the best cornerbacks in the league for nothing. ALA Troy Vincent

I agree about playing the waiting game. Old Dicky V will start crying and give us the 2 come draft day.

if it's between keeping him and getting nothing next year, or trading in for a third or fourth this year..I chose the former

I would rather have their 2nd this year, but if we got something this year (a 4th) and a 2nd next year it wouldn't be so bad.

Does anyone believe they're gonna improve that much? They might have a top 5 pick. Their division is strong and 3 new defensive players won't fix that mess.

I don't see them making much of a run even with Surtain. I think the Raiders will be fighting it out with the Chargers for the division, and the Broncos and Cheifs should round out the division.

If he leaves next year wouldn't we end up prob getting a third round pick as compensation for him anyway for the league?

Anytime you trade for next year's draft picks, the price goes up. So, a 2nd rounder in 2005 is roughly equivalent to a 1st round pick in 2006. If KC offers their 2nd round pick in 2006, that's basically a 3rd round choice this year. I'd ask for their 2nd then, their 4th this year, and a 5th next year.

NewCoachPlease said:
If he leaves next year wouldn't we end up prob getting a third round pick as compensation for him anyway for the league?

If he leaves next year via Free Agency and we lose more free agents overall that year than we sign, then we would probably get a 3rd round compensatory pick for Surtain in 2007. The pick would come after the 32 natural picks in that round, #97, or 98 or so.

rickysux said:
I do not want to trade surtain for kc's 2006 2nd round pick because kc is making a superbowl run and with the additions of surtain, knight, bell and others they will make the playoffs and that 2nd round pick will be almost like a 3rd in 06' screw that surtain is worth more i think fair value would next years first imo.

That's what I've been saying and that's how I felt since like over a month ago when all these trade rumors were brought up. I agree 100%! I'm looking for either a 2nd this year or a 1st next year. Anything less, I say we just keep Surtain.

Hostile7 said:
I would rather have their 2nd this year, but if we got something this year (a 4th) and a 2nd next year it wouldn't be so bad.

Does anyone believe they're gonna improve that much? They might have a top 5 pick. Their division is strong and 3 new defensive players won't fix that mess.

The Chiefs had the worst defense in the NFL over the last 3 years and the most loses they had were 9.

Yeah, good call about a top 5 pick. :shakeno:

If you don't think Surtain, Bell, Knight and the #1 pick can help a last ranked defense than you haven't watched much football.

How is our division so strong? Because the Raiders got Moss? I must have missed all the upgrades the Raiders did to the 31st ranked defense.

Who said theyre talking about the 2006 2nd? The Phins want a number 2 this year.

Hostile7 said:

perfect prediction :D

Back
Top Bottom