Merged: I hate you Wanny and Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: I hate you Wanny and Ricky

I hate you Wanny and Ricky

I was a running back all my life and have hoped for a great running back in Miami since the begging (always hated Ricky) I've actually become a fan of San Diego just so i could feel okay about loving LT and now with no good RB thanks to ricky and no depth thanks to Wanny trading massive amounts of picks for Ricky, which means we will probably not grab any of the big 3 in the draft, my question is when will we have an elite RB that i can love also did any one like (defend) the Ricky trade even before he screwed us.

the dolphins are not about one player, its a team, stay with LT at san diego then

I liked the trade when it was made originally! It cracks me up that people would bash the trade now after the fact! When at the time all I ever read was how great a trade it was! I think we all agree that it was a bad deal now but don't tell me you did like watching Ricky run all over everyone that first year he was here! Just wish it could have lasted long! I also would like for the Dolphins to get a really good RB because there fun to watch when there on your team! Just not when it's your D trying to stop him! :D
I'm hoping we get a great back in the draft this year and he actually works out for us! :wink:

LT is amazing, you dont have to justify liking him by supporting the Bolts.

I'd take LT over anyone in the NFL and draft to play in our backfield.

The fact that I'd take Brady over Feeley does not make me a Pats fan.

Al13 said:
the dolphins are not about one player, its a team, stay with LT at san diego then

Couldn't have said it better myself.

finsnchips said:
LT is amazing, you dont have to justify liking him by supporting the Bolts.

I'd take LT over anyone in the NFL and draft to play in our backfield.

The fact that I'd take Brady over Feeley does not make me a Pats fan.

Good post! LT is just amazing and fun to watch! Brady, well anyway you look at it the guy just wins! I'd take that over anything we've had for a while now! :shakeno:

Get out of the dolphin forum.You are not a fan.Go to San Degio.No one cares that you banned the dolphins. Trader.

kingfin said:
Get out of the dolphin forum.You are not a fan.Go to San Degio.No one cares that you banned the dolphins. Trader.

So because your a Dolphins fans means you can't like any other player in the league? Wow now there's a real football fan for you! :shakeno: Sad really sad!

I love the Dolphins but I'm also a football fan! IMO it's the best game! So excuse me if I like watching other players in the league play! As long as there team loses when the play the fins! Best of both worlds!

It wasn't a good trade even when it happened, it would have been a great trade had it not been for the performance draft picks Wanny signed on. Ricky didn't have to get that much yardage and NO would get a 1st rounder and yet Wanny knew when he signed it that he was going to give him 350 carries that year... what an idiot. If he kept playing then it would have been an ok trade, but even after he stopped playing if Wanny hadn't given up the other 1st rounder so easily it still would have been a great trade.

Oh and I love heaps of other players in the NFL it doesn't mean that i'm not a fins fan, that was a stupid post.

Yea giving up those two first rounds really hurt us, but at the time I was excited to get Ricky even though I didn't like the price we paid for him! Specailly now! lol

Oh well I guess all we can do is live and learn from it and hope they don't do anything like that again! Reliving it isn't going to do anything but get us upset all over again!

It was still fun to watch him run the first year! Man I would like to have a back that could do that again ....... for more than just one year though! :)

We got a premier RB at the beginning of his best years...The trade was worth 2 #1s and we desparately needed a stud RB to take the weight off the fact that we had a mediocre offense around him. Besides, RW contract was set up so that we could afford him for 4 more years. So, in retrospect, the trade was well worth it...With the new coaching regime, would I make the same trade again, no...too much in the way of necessary draft choices to gamble on one guy...Ricky's behavior since last offseason has no bearing on the original deal....If Wanny had any kind of sense of talent, he would have drafted the remainder of the picks to solidify the team, but he failed miserably at that. That is not RW fault. I'm not being an apologist for RW here. I still feel he quit on his team and that is the ultimate crime he could have committed. Would I want him back ? No, but I don't make that decision and if his teammates and Saban accept him back, then that would be fine. (I still don't regret burning my RW jersey.) So, to question the deal now is not very valid in the grand scheme of things. The fault lies with Wanny and his poor draft ability, not with RW (at least in this case).

JAREDMANN said:
I've actually become a fan of San Diego just so i could feel okay about loving LT

Too much Information! ;)

shalafi3455 said:
So because your a Dolphins fans means you can't like any other player in the league? Wow now there's a real football fan for you! :shakeno: Sad really sad!

I love the Dolphins but I'm also a football fan! IMO it's the best game! So excuse me if I like watching other players in the league play! As long as there team loses when the play the fins! Best of both worlds!

He also said that he has become a Chargers fan. How do you just become a fan of the team if you are truely a fan of another. I myself enjoy watching football and I do pull for some more than others but I am a Phin fan. I just can't see jumping to another team saying that I am a fan of that team just because of one player. This is what makes bandwagons. Sorry just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom