Merged: I missed the Senior Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: I missed the Senior Bowl

SKing29

Weezer = Awesome
Reaction score
I missed the Senior Bowl

I missed the Senior Bowl :shakeno: and since I don't feel like going through a million threads, I was wondering if everyone could give me a brief synopsis of the QB's that played today and a list of how they would rank them. At least, could I just get some opinions on how well the QB's did. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:dolphins:

SKing29 said:
I missed the Senior Bowl :shakeno: and since I don't feel like going through a million threads, I was wondering if everyone could give me a brief synopsis of the QB's that played today and a list of how they would rank them. At least, could I just get some opinions on how well the QB's did. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From worst to best:

DJ Shockley
Micheal Robinson
Darrell Hackney
Jay Cutler
Brodie Croyle
Charlie Whitehurst

I missed the Senior Bowl

Whitehurst was easily the most impressive quarterback.

Jay Cutler didn't show nearly as much as I thought he would.

Just a few quick things, gotta head out in a minute.

SKing29 said:

Shhhhhh.... be very quite... the MODs are coming... :couch:

yea, whitehurst looked better than pretty much everyone. He went 5 for 5 at one point with a TD and looked relatively comfortable in the pocket...his passes weren't spectacular though.

croyle looked good, had a nice touchdown pass to sinorice

cutler was eh...threw a pick, but it was mostly just an incredible play on the ball by cedric griffin.

everyone else was so-so to weak.

Yeah, I originally posted this in the Draft Forum but no one responded so I moved to the main board, I just wanted to know the QB performances and thanks to those of you who helped me out.

I only saw part of the game, but from what I saw and heard:

Cutler was 6-19, 69 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT very average stats but had some nice throws

Croyle started off by running to the wrong sideline...he had a better start to the game, although still not great. Nice touchdown to Moss.

Moss was lighting it up while I was watching.

darnell Hackney showed he's got a cannon of an arm

Croyle had a real nice pass for a touchdown. Cutler did better than his stats show, made 2 consecutive throws that should have been caught and where basically great throws.

Cutler looked horrible. Not saying he IS horrible. But I don't think anyone should try to pretty up his performance today. He just had a bad day. Happens to everyone. But, in my opinion, it wasn't a performance better than the numbers show... it was pretty much just as bad as the numbers show.

The receivers DID stink today... but not particularly so with Cutler.

nopony said:
Cutler looked horrible. Not saying he IS horrible. But I don't think anyone should try to pretty up his performance today. He just had a bad day. Happens to everyone. But, in my opinion, it wasn't a performance better than the numbers show... it was pretty much just as bad as the numbers show.

He looked bad on that televised practice too. He's not as good as people project him!

When are they going to show the Senior Bowl again?

nopony said:

I wouldn't say he looked horrible and I'm not saying that because I like him. I was hoping he would have a bad game so he could slide to us. But even though he didn't look good, he didn't look that bad either. The pick was a very nice play by the defender and he had some good passes dropped. He did over and under throw his recievers and had some balls batted away at the line, but he still showed his unbelievable arm strength and threw an absolute bullet for a TD. He didn't do anything to improve his stock, but didn't do anything to hurt it either unfortunately.

Croyle looked pretty good, but to me his size played a factor. On the late sack by Hali, all Hali did was get a hand on Croyle's arm and he fell right down. As a QB you need to be able to shed that. Other than that he was pretty good.

Whitehurst was impressive showing nice touch on his passes. I like him alot, but he has not realized his potential and has been hot and cold.

Robinson played well, but did nothing to show he is a QB. He ran for a lot of yards and basically that was it.

Hackney started off poorly, but came on late and made some very nice throws. I still haven't given up on him yet. I know he's short, and that obviously won't change, but with some coaching he might be able to do someting. He has a very strong arm as well.

Shockley was pretty bad and thats all you can pretty much say about him. Maybe some coaching will help him out, but it seems like he has a long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom