Merged: Injured Starters!! / ESPN Just Reported....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Injured Starters!! / ESPN Just Reported.......

I see why everybody has been avoiding this thread like the plaugue. Zach and Surtain haven't practiced all week. Not good.

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan
I see why everybody has been avoiding this thread like the plaugue. Zach and Surtain haven't practiced all week. Not good.

i could be way off base here, but it seems that teams "play" with the injury reports. To my knowledge (meaning that I just simple haven't really researched it fully) the must list the status of any/all injuries after each game and then update them as the week goes on. I guess that this allows teams to plan their next game? Like Pat and Zack are officially questionable which is the most likely category that they'll be able to play compared to doubful and out. But it's my understanding that you can't fudge on this and say some is Q and you know he'll be out, say from an ACL or som'n. But it seems odd that neither has practiced yet this week and both are Q. Wouldn't doubtful make more sense perhaps?

the Herald - http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7203015.htm

and Sun http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ov07,0,2762166.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

both make it sound like Jay, Zach and Pat are not practicing, but Wanne is hopeful they will play.

''No, I'm not [as optimistic as Monday],'' Thomas said. ``But I'm trying to stay positive. I guess groins take time, but I want to play. If it's going to hamper the team, I don't want to do that.

``But you gotta get reps. I don't think I've ever missed a Thursday and played in a game. I'll do it. I'll do what's best for the team. I just don't want to reinjure it. I had that with an ankle [in 2000]. It just kept getting hurt.''

Too bad Thompson is nearing 100%..

I'm betting Zach will play, even if he has to be out there with crutches.

espn just reported that

surtain and thomas sat out practice and are now game time decisions

i believe tommy hendricks has been playing great. im not so much worried about zach out than surtain in this one. i also think one thing is very interesting. kendell newson is active for this game meaning sam simmons is either not playing or he is a WR in this one. can someone say 4wr?

Originally posted by A/C Dorsal
if Surtain is out, Fletcher will play the whole game. that's not good. they can have 500 yds just picking on him.

i believe T buck gets the nod but maybe tbuck is better as the nickel.

Back
Top Bottom