Merged: Jake Grove Agrees to Five Year Deal! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jake Grove Agrees to Five Year Deal!

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Dolphins hope to have answered their question at center tonight, agreeing to a five-year deal with Jake Grove, an NFL source confirmed.

Grove, 29, spent the past five seasons with the Oakland Raiders, starting 46 games for them since the team drafted him in the second round of the 2004 draft.

Grove was an All-America and winner of the Dave Rimington Trophy, given to the nation’s best center, during his career at Virginia Tech.

Miami hopes he can come in to replace Samson Satele, the starter the past two seasons and the No. 60 pick in the 2007 draft.

The Dolphins hope to move the 6-foot-3 Satele, who played at 295 pounds last season, to guard.

One key could be Grove’s ability to stay on the field. He missed four games a season ago and has played 16 games only once, in 2006.

In 2007, he appeared in only seven games, including two starts.

Grove is only the second player signed by the Dolphins since free agency began at midnight Thursday.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2009/03/jake-grove-takes-free-agent-visit-to-miami/comments/page/4/#comments

Awesome News! Now hopefullly we can draft Clay Matthews or Hakeem Nicks. I rather draft Matthews and later draft Brandon Tate.

Good news. Now we can entertain a CB tomorrow.

Addressing the interior of the offensive line was clearly a priority this offseason.

Cut before end of season!

Seriously though, really hope he pans out, but I hope Satele to keep his job.

Remember, penny only had one 16 game season before he joined the fins...

Remember, penny only had one 16 game season before he joined the fins...

Wow, after 5 years in the pros too! I'm really reassured now we've solved our problem at center.

For those who didnt read the article, it says that Satele played at 295 pounds last year and that the coaching staff hopes to move him to guard. I'm liking our depth at the position.

i dont get it? 29? injury prone? i never really even heard of him... he better have been cheap

Back
Top Bottom