Merged: Jake Grove Agrees to Five Year Deal! | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jake Grove Agrees to Five Year Deal!

by the sounds of it he gets hurt. we still should draft Alex Mack with our first rounder. quality linebackers are easy to find later in the draft. Alex Mack is going to be a stud

one thing to remember with Groves is that Oakland has had a different OL coach every year he's been with the team (I think). Cable was the first one in Grove's career that lasted more than one year and that is who Grove played the best under.

And Satele has had 3 in 2 years. What's the point? You will all see that in the end, this signing will be regretted.

But for now, he is a fin and I hope he contributes for 16 games a year for the next 5 years. GO FINS!!!!!

The Raiders run game has been very effective the last few seasons. Look at Fargas and Michael Bush. I don't know why some of you are bashing and promising we will regret it but I'm sure our former O-line HC and Bill wouldn't give 29.5 mill to a mistake with 14 garaunteed. Their record speaks for itself and I will take their judgement over yours. Sorry.

The Raiders run game has been very effective the last few seasons. Look at Fargas and Michael Bush. I don't know why some of you are bashing and promising we will regret it but I'm sure our former O-line HC and Bill wouldn't give 29.5 mill to a mistake with 14 garaunteed. Their record speaks for itself and I will take their judgement over yours. Sorry.

So I guess Wilford signing is just a figment of our imagination. There's no way they could have paid millions for someone to only catch 4 passes all year.

The track record in free agency has been mixed. Their draft success, fasano trade and street free agent record has been much more successful. Pennington doesn't really count.
1. Justin Smiley - had a positive impact but his injury history continues to be a factor.
2. Randy Starks - a good move and one they should be lauded for
3. Ernest Wilford - Complete mistake
4. Reggie Torbor - average at best...certainly not worth the scratch
5. Charlie Anderson - No
6. Josh McCown - See Wilford
7. Keith Davis - Didn't even make it out of training camp
8. Nate Jones - Came on late

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of their free agency moves...especially during the natural free agency period.

Meanwhile the Draft and post draft free agency brought
Long, Merling, Langford, Thomas, Bess, Henne, and Carpenter
As for trades, Ayodele is average but Fasano is a solid No. 1 tightend.
Pennington fell into their lap after the fact.
Polite was a street free agent...you get the idea.

We got a draft pick for McCown, remind me how that was a mistake again?

no one signs people perfectly.
but compared to the past
willford seems silly to be upset about.
they turned water to wine with this team.
1-15 to 11-5 and the playoffs.
how about we have people in charge who pass on drew and sign daunte is that better?
or how about someone who wastes some of the best defenses I have seen with letting Fiedler play.

Ummm...let's see...eating a hefty contract or getting a 7th round pick??? you decide.

if we traded him how did we eat the whole thing?
and we didnt know Chad was gnna get dropped in our laps.
would you of rather have had us keep McCown and not sign Chad??
does that sound better.
save some cash and win 4 games instead of 11?
yeaaaa your right

The track record in free agency has been mixed. Their draft success, fasano trade and street free agent record has been much more successful. Pennington doesn't really count.
1. Justin Smiley - had a positive impact but his injury history continues to be a factor.
2. Randy Starks - a good move and one they should be lauded for
3. Ernest Wilford - Complete mistake
4. Reggie Torbor - average at best...certainly not worth the scratch
5. Charlie Anderson - No
6. Josh McCown - See Wilford
7. Keith Davis - Didn't even make it out of training camp
8. Nate Jones - Came on late

You do realize that Torbor, Anderson, Davis, and Jones were brought on to provide depth and ST play and not to be playmaking starters, right? And McCown was signed to provide veteran leadership at the QB position once we got rid of Trent Green and Cleo since Beck was the only QB left. When Penny dropped into our lap, there was no need for him anymore and we got a pick for him. The main goal of FA last year was to upgrade the quality of our substitutes, which (judging by our 11-5 record) worked out pretty well.

You do realize that Torbor, Anderson, Davis, and Jones were brought on to provide depth and ST play and not to be playmaking starters, right? And McCown was signed to provide veteran leadership at the QB position once we got rid of Trent Green and Cleo since Beck was the only QB left. When Penny dropped into our lap, there was no need for him anymore and we got a pick for him. The main goal of FA last year was to upgrade the quality of our substitutes, which (judging by our 11-5 record) worked out pretty well.

Exactly right!

I read some of these posts... and all I get out of them is...

WAAAAAAAAH! Every player we signed didn't turn out to be a Pro Bowler.... WAAAAAAAAH!

Back
Top Bottom