Merged: Jake Grove Agrees to Five Year Deal! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jake Grove Agrees to Five Year Deal!

I understand my friend...

You have a disease..........:lol:

If you want this to be a pissing contest ... I am think I am out since you have nothing to challenge the fact that you and a few others are knee jerker on a signing that may have been too costly, but have NO idea what will happen with it. He may be great or he may be a flop, but none of us know and those who think they know 100% for sure are delusional. peace

I'm a Raiders fan and I got to say I don't get it....

Obviously Parcells certainly knows what he is doing, but this one makes little sense to me... I'm sure people will point to the uncertainty/coaching of the Raiders over the past few years as the primary reason Grove didn't live up to expectations, which is fair to a certain point, but where Grove struggled the most is in one on one situations... Especially when matched up against 34 nose tackles... That's just basic football... We went out and got Jeremy Newberry a couple of seasons ago primarily because we wanted a pivot with more on the ball strength...

In fact, I expected Grove to sign with another zone blocking team rather than a power based team like the Phins are now because he struggled moving bigger players and the ZBS seems to play to his strengths better... I know the plan is to bulk him up, but I question the logic of adding weight to a guy a year removed from microfracture knee surgery...

I'm sure he'll work out for you guys as while he has his shortcomings, he certainly is a team first high effort guy when healthy... Like I said, the Tuna knows what the hell he is doing and obviously has a plan in place... The irony here is there was a groundswell for the Raiders to draft Sampson Satele because Grove wasn't getting it done at center and had actually looked better playing guard... Maybe the expectations were too high among Raider fans as Grove was replacing an uber physical center in Barrett Robbins... Anyway I hope Jake works out in Miami...

Good luck, thanks for taking yourselves out of the Alex Mack hunt and be sure to put foot to *** against the Pats twice this year... I hate those *******s...

First off, thanks for taking the time to visit and post here. We always love to hear the scoop from other fna bases (well, anyone other than the jets, pats or bills:p)

I am wondering if they are thinking the same thing, possibly make Grove a guard here (albeit he is probably a bit undersized for that). In which case, I'd imagine we would still be looking at a center in the draft. Who knows?

The pats are gonna be tough this year with Brady coming back, but hopefully we can split with em :)

By the same token, please offer Josh McDaniels and Scott Pioli a warm AFC West welcome (Not only do we hate the patriots, but anyone that has ever been a part of that organization!)

P.S. Any luck at getting Al Davis declared legally incompetent?

hmmm 6 million/year for Grove (29) or 7.5 million/year for Brown (25).
Not the smartest savings if you ask me

If you want this to be a pissing contest ... I am think I am out since you have nothing to challenge the fact that you and a few others are knee jerker on a signing that may have been too costly, but have NO idea what will happen with it. He may be great or he may be a flop, but none of us know and those who think they know 100% for sure are delusional. peace

Your right I don't want to be in a pissing contest with ya.

"Rebellion the cure".... not always a bad thing

LOL at Fins fans claiming that the Jets drastically overpaid for a guy like Scott and then claim it's a great move for Miami to spend a boatload on a mediocre center like Grove.

I thought you guys spent money wisely?

By the same token, please offer Josh McDaniels and Scott Pioli a warm AFC West welcome (Not only do we hate the patriots, but anyone that has ever been a part of that organization!)

Well McDaniels has done a pretty good job at crapping the bed in Broncoland already all by himself himself... I mean seriously, move Cutler to get Matt freakin Cassel?... Pioli on the other hand, worries me especially with Belichick throwing him freebies...

While I don't understand the Grove to the Phins fit, Gibril Wilson is a perfect fit... I still don't understand letting him go...

Roman529 said:
Maybe the reason Grove was injured a lot and not quite the Center he was at Va Tech, is because of the constant coaching turnover in Oakland?

Unless you think he blew his knee out spinning in circles Tasmanian Devil style watching the different coaches go in and out the door, I don't get the logic...

All the people crying about this signing will be swinging off of Grove's jollies when he dominates Wilfork and then beats him up after the whistle

All the people crying about this signing will be swinging off of Grove's jollies when he dominates Wilfork and then beats him up after the whistle

For that money we dished out to him I sure hope he can do it twice in one year.
Chubbs

the skepticism on this signing just baffles me. We have the youngest, meanest line in football. Jake Long and Jake Grove are two of the best run-blockers at their position in the game. Both Jake's are mean dudes and so is Donald Thomas is going to be a mauler and maybe have a trips to the Pro-Bowl along the way. Vernon Carey and Justin Smiley are veterans at the prime of their careers. Our team got a lot beter today.

Jason Brown is a good player but he got handled by Casey Hampton, Albert Haynesworth, and Shaun Rogers. It shows he clearly has trouble with nig Nose Tackle. On the contrary Jake Grove dominated Jamal Williams. Watch the game

Back
Top Bottom