Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a conspiracy theory for you..

Jeff Fisher is paying these NFL network guys to hype up Cutler so picking him at number 3 looks justified.

Dont know about that, but it sure will be interesting how Fisher plays him in the game. He doesnt want to make him look too good, otherwise the Saints will take him. He also doesnt want him to look bad- otherwise picking him at 3 is a reach.

Remember what happened last year at the Senior Bowl? Carnell Williams was on the field for like 1 play and Gruden pulled him out. He didnt want to raise his stock, otherwise the Fins or Bears would have taken him.

The same thing could happen with Fisher and Cutler. We may only see Cutler for one series in the game.

We've interviewed all of the QBs at Mobile save for Michael Robinson, who just moved to WR.

fish920 said:
it would be nice to get cutler but he is expected to be in the 1st ten picks we have like 17th or something. this is what i see happining... houston takes linart or young instead of busch so they can trade us carr for williams. think about it young+williams makes a damn good offence with o line improvements leaving us with carr and brown. i like it :dolphins:

They don't need a back like williams they already have dominack davis. Texans don't need a rb, but a talent like bush you can't pass it up. If the texans choose to go with young or linehart thats fine and dandy for them, but don't draw the dolphins in when there is no linkage to the dolphins and who they would draft.

capecoralfinfan said:
i remember in 2003 we were all talking about ben being available at our draft position and he moved up rapidly after the senior bowl. now what would any of you give up to get roethlisberger? articles today suggest cutler's arm strength and physical tools are amazing. my question is what would you give up to get him? i know i would give almost anything for ben roethlisberger and by no means am i comparing them as players. simply stated, cutler could be another roethlisberger type guy.

Cutler is no Roethlisberger but I get what your saying. Culter is more of a JP Losman, Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell but with more talent. He should go IMO between 10-20 in the 1st round pick.

The same thing could happen with Fisher and Cutler. We may only see Cutler for one series in the game.

I doubt that seeing as Charlie Whitehurst is the only other QB on the roster.

Jeff Fisher is paying these NFL network guys to hype up Cutler so picking him at number 3 looks justified.

No, Mike Mayock is just an idiot.

capecoralfinfan said:
i remember in 2003 we were all talking about ben being available at our draft position and he moved up rapidly after the senior bowl. now what would any of you give up to get roethlisberger? articles today suggest cutler's arm strength and physical tools are amazing. my question is what would you give up to get him? i know i would give almost anything for ben roethlisberger and by no means am i comparing them as players. simply stated, cutler could be another roethlisberger type guy.

I would give the 1st and 3rd or 1st and 5th with Madison...:D

The jury is still out on Cutler.Big Ben has already proved to the world he is legit.Lets see in 3 years from now how Cutler is and then we'll determine how close he is to Ben.:dolphins: go fins

I want Cutler very badly. But Croyle has been impressing everyone. Maybe he'd be a good pick up in the later rounds.

ABrownLamp said:
Why would they do that when they just signed domanick davis to a multi-year multi million dollar contract? Why would they do that if they were thinking about getting a free agent?
yeah and since that happened they'll prolly draft an offence lineman or defencive player, davis and carr are decent it's just that the offencive line sucks so bad they make them look bad

Article found over at FOX Sports:

Scouts in attendance have concerns about quarterback Jay Cutler of Vanderbilt. While he physically has the makings of an NFL passer, his mental make-up is a little different. Several people we spoke with say Cutler can be surly at times. Teams aren't willing to invest a fortune in that type of person as the future leader of their franchise.

dolfn66 said:
Article found over at FOX Sports:

Scouts in attendance have concerns about quarterback Jay Cutler of Vanderbilt. While he physically has the makings of an NFL passer, his mental make-up is a little different. Several people we spoke with say Cutler can be surly at times. Teams aren't willing to invest a fortune in that type of person as the future leader of their franchise.

Surly....thats not good. Ryan Leaf was called surly!

Quote:
Last year everybody thought Alex Smith was a 2nd day pick, then all the the sudden Mel Kiper has him projected as the number 1 quarterback in the country.

I still projected him as a second day pick, & I was right. So far he's the biggest #1 pick bust ever & I don't think he's going to get any better.

Come on now, he was only a rookie. He only threw half as many interceptions as bradshaw so he still could be good.

popularwar said:
Hundreds of players. We need more than just a QB and a second round corner or lineman could make a huge difference for our team's improvement.

I meant at QB.

marino1348 said:
Quote:
Last year everybody thought Alex Smith was a 2nd day pick, then all the the sudden Mel Kiper has him projected as the number 1 quarterback in the country.

I still projected him as a second day pick, & I was right. So far he's the biggest #1 pick bust ever & I don't think he's going to get any better.

Come on now, he was only a rookie. He only threw half as many interceptions as bradshaw so he still could be good.

That is the type of ignorant thinking that drags the quality of this board down, you don't judge a QB who is a jumior, that gets drafted onto the worst team in the league by only his first season, this instant gratification generation is heading for big problems down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom