Merged:Jim Haslett on Tebucky Jones/Haslett's an attention whore!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Jim Haslett on Tebucky Jones/Haslett's an attention whore!!

minorfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jim Haslett on Tebucky Jones

Per today's Palm Beach Post:

Haslett jabs Jones: Saints coach Jim Haslett has mixed feelings about the abilities of Tebucky Jones, whom the Dolphins signed away from New Orleans this off-season.

Haslett said Jones has the talent, size, speed and toughness to be an effective player. But he also said that Jones doesn't "take care of himself," "is better in the box than in space," "was a very poor tackler the first year we got him," and that "I don't know why he can't catch the ball."

"I think Nick (Saban) took him because they didn't really have anybody else," Haslett said.

Hasletts butt is on the line...anyone that he has lost or cut he isn't going to give them rave reviews...
That said, I'm not sold on Jones myself but he is a filler until he can be replaced

I cant wait to see all the crap the NO players have to say about Haslett once he is finally gone.. For a guy who sucks at what he does, he sure talk alot of junk about his ex-players.

Yes and that comes from the same guy who paid 4 Draft picks for him two seasons a go, 1 average season and a carreer season with no turnovers in a position where he is not even better suited. Haslett its afraid Jones will flourish with us and that Dwight will sink with them.

SkapePhin said:
I cant wait to see all the crap the NO players have to say about Haslett once he is finally gone.. For a guy who sucks at what he does, he sure talk alot of junk about his ex-players.

yeah, well, you're gonna have to wait a LONG TIME, because Benson wants to sign Has long term

hes just a stupidhead, burning with jealousy because his organization sucks and ours is on the rise....id like to hear what jones has to say about that

minorfan said:
Per today's Palm Beach Post:

Haslett jabs Jones: Saints coach Jim Haslett has mixed feelings about the abilities of Tebucky Jones, whom the Dolphins signed away from New Orleans this off-season.

Haslett said Jones has the talent, size, speed and toughness to be an effective player. But he also said that Jones doesn't "take care of himself," "is better in the box than in space," "was a very poor tackler the first year we got him," and that "I don't know why he can't catch the ball."

"I think Nick (Saban) took him because they didn't really have anybody else," Haslett said.

This coming from a guy thats gotten the saints to the playoffs once in 5 years

Dudeman said:
yeah, well, you're gonna have to wait a LONG TIME, because Benson wants to sign Has long term

Seriously? I think Benson wants to do with the Saints like that chick in the move Major Leagues tried to do with the Cleveland Indians.

i was listening to the radio last week and OJ and whoever else is on that show on 790 didnt understand the signing of tebucy jones either, OJ was like the signing makes no sense..i dunno..they pretty much said the same thing that haslett just said

Smacks said:
Hasletts butt is on the line...anyone that he has lost or cut he isn't going to give them rave reviews...
That said, I'm not sold on Jones myself but he is a filler until he can be replaced

I think most of us realize we won't be winning the SB next year and Saban said earlier this week we can't fix everything all at once, so I also agree Jones is just a stop gap for now. Haslett did say Jone had the tools, Jones also lead the Saints in tackles last year. Maybe under Saban we can have a sevicable Saftey in Jones!?!?!?!

i dont respect haslett as a coach anyways...so i dont really care what he has to say about our player

A victom of bad coaching? We can all agree that Haslett is a horrible coach. Add that to the fact that Jones was fine under Bill Belicheck and you can see that theres only one reason for his decline.

To start with why playing a SS at FS if you want a ballhawk? Haslett made a mistake trading for Jones and made another mistake by cutting him.

Haslett is to busy running away from the 70's Steelers right now to worry about anything else!

Back
Top Bottom