Merged-Joey "Ballgame" Harrington | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged-Joey "Ballgame" Harrington

mjwenz said:
Well, he isn't throwing 5 TD's a game, so most people here don't support him.

No, more like 6-7 TD's and 450 yards a game every game for the next 10 seasons. :lol:

unifiedtheory said:
No.

The pass protection was DREADFUL for the first quarter of the season.

The reason we are winning now is because our DEFENSE is playing lights out football. They were not doing that for the first quarter of the season.

In my opinion, we are winning despite Joey Harrington not because of him.
In my opinion - and the opinion of virtually every analyst and commentator in the NFL who watched our earlier games this season - it was Daunte Culpepper who made this offensive line look far worse than it ever was.

Our defense has been playing lights out ALL season, with very few exceptions.

Joey Harrington isn't walking on water out there, by any means. But he has good pocket presence and a fast release -- two attributes Daunte Culpepper does not possess.

Tailgun said:
In my opinion - and the opinion of virtually every analyst and commentator in the NFL who watched our earlier games this season - it was Daunte Culpepper who made this offensive line look far worse than it ever was.
Yep. Anyone who thinks the line just turned itself around due to that one swap independent of the QBs isn't paying attention. It's not a knock on Daunte to say he was a big part of the problem early on. He gave it his best shot but he just wasn't ready to play.

I don't think Harrington was entirely ready to start at the beginning of the season--he was learning a whole new offense with a new team--but even so, if Harrington had been the starter from the beginning it's entirely possible the Dolphins would have two more wins. We had some close games against beatable teams. We'll never know for sure, obviously, but a few less sacks might have made the difference.

Tailgun said:

Our defense has been playing lights out ALL season, with very few exceptions.

Joey Harrington isn't walking on water out there, by any means. But he has good pocket presence and a fast release -- two attributes Daunte Culpepper does not possess.

Join the VIP so you can look at Fineas' OBEJECTIVE look at EVERY SINGLE sack Daunte Culpepper took (including highlights of EVERY sack). If you can read that post and watch the highlights and STILL say it was "all Daunte" then you were not paying attention.

Joey's "fast release" is due to his quick decisions. His quick decisions are all about his inability to wait and take a hit. The guy takes his drop and throws without waiting to see what the defense is going to give him. He is mechanical and takes the short option WAT too often in my opinion.

I'd LOVE to post the link in here but we have been threatened with hanging if we post a link.

Just another reason to join the VIP.

unifiedtheory said:
Join the VIP so you can look at Fineas' OBEJECTIVE look at EVERY SINGLE sack Daunte Culpepper took (including highlights of EVERY sack). If you can read that post and watch the highlights and STILL say it was "all Daunte" then you were not paying attention.

Joey's "fast release" is due to his quick decisions. His quick decisions are all about his inability to wait and take a hit. The guy takes his drop and throws without waiting to see what the defense is going to give him. He is mechanical and takes the short option WAT too often in my opinion.

I'd LOVE to post the link in here but we have been threatened with hanging if we post a link.

no that nazi-ism is a reason for me NOT to join VIP....i say if theres a useful link that dolfans can appreciate, let them all use it.

finfan54 said:
Wrong. It takes a total team effort to beat teams like NE. NE basically said it today after the game. "Miami beat us in every phase of the game." "They made the plays and we didn't". That pretty much says to me that aside from our great defense, our special teams, and yes, Joey and co. did what was neccessary to win. He did not throw INT's. That means, he did not screw up, which is a big part of the game, in case you havent figured that out.

But when we were losing it was all Daunte's fault according to 90% of the people here...it's a double standard that has been at work since the very beginning of the season.

I'm NOT bashing Harrington. He was alright today but he was FAR from anything special. He missed NUMEROUS open recievers and could only put 6 points on the board in the first half despite having mint field position throughout.

I'm not getting into the Joey Harrington pissing match. I'm tired of it. I'm trying to express my opinion on what I SEE, some of you can not stand it though. It is EXACTLY like the Fiedler days.

Slappy8800 said:
no that nazi-ism is a reason for me NOT to join VIP....i say if theres a useful link that dolfans can appreciate, let them all use it.
LOL @ Nazi-ism...it is NOTHING of the sort.

This site is a BEAST and takes so much time and energy to maintain. The ADMIN. deserves to have some cash coming in, that is the reason there is a VIP section. If there was no perk to being a VIP there would be no reason to pay.

It is a simple concept actually....in my opinion.

unifiedtheory said:
But when we were losing it was all Daunte's fault according to 90% of the people here...it's a double standard that has been at work since the very beginning of the season.

I'm NOT bashing Harrington. He was alright today but he was FAR from anything special. He missed NUMEROUS open recievers and could only put 6 points on the board in the first half despite having mint field position throughout.

I'm not getting into the Joey Harrington pissing match. I'm tired of it. I'm trying to express my opinion on what I SEE, some of you can not stand it though. It is EXACTLY like the Fiedler days.

no, its just different people see different things....

unifiedtheory said:
LOL @ Nazi-ism...it is NOTHING of the sort.

This site is a BEAST and takes so much time and energy to maintain. The ADMIN. deserves to have some cash coming in, that is the reason there is a VIP section. If there was no perk to being a VIP there would be no reason to pay.

It is a simple concept actually....in my opinion.

hoarding links is a perk? cmon now...dont u guys get tshirts and bumper stickers and shizzle?

Slappy8800 said:
hoarding links is a perk? cmon now...dont u guys get tshirts and bumper stickers and shizzle?
It is not link hoarding. It was a thread in the VIP. If all the threads in the VIP were put in the public forum then what would the point to the VIP section be?

i dont know what the point of it is now...apparently us normies are too uncivilized to interact with ya'all

unifiedtheory said:

You dont still think he's just robo qb out there do you. For the last three games Joey's been getting more comfortable in that pocket (to his detriment against Jax) The TD today to Booker was Joey not giving up on the play as he wouldve five weeks ago. I realize the progress is slow but its there every week. He still hasnt peaked IMO. I keep thinking he's going to stop improving shortly but he keeps getting better every week. Its not leaps and bounds its just incremental progress but progress nontheless. Who knows he may yet justify being drafted in the first round though I'm pretty sure he'll never justify being the third overall. If he keeps improving and then has an entire offseason to keep working on his game and his weaknesses who knows we could have a good QB next year. And if not we have the Daunte experiment to fall back on

adamprez2003 said:
You dont still think he's just robo qb out there do you. For the last three games Joey's been getting more comfortable in that pocket (to his detriment against Jax) The TD today to Booker was Joey not giving up on the play as he wouldve five weeks ago. I realize the progress is slow but its there every week. He still hasnt peaked IMO. I keep thinking he's going to stop improving shortly but he keeps getting better every week. Its not leaps and bounds its just incremental progress but progress nontheless. Who knows he may yet justify being drafted in the first round though I'm pretty sure he'll never justify being the third overall. If he keeps improving and then has an entire offseason to keep working on his game and his weaknesses who knows we could have a good QB next year. And if not we have the Daunte experiment to fall back on

had daunte not lied to us, he wouldve gotten work with the first team during TC

unifiedtheory said:

Its also a stretch to say 90% of the people only blamed Daunte. I remember it being pretty evenly split between Daunte, the oline and our secondary with a couple of Ronnie Brown and receiver threads thrown in. Hell even Jason Taylor was ripped the first few weeks by a few venomous posters:lol:

Back
Top Bottom