Merged-Joey "Ballgame" Harrington | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged-Joey "Ballgame" Harrington

Slappy8800 said:
i dont know what the point of it is now...apparently us normies are too uncivilized to interact with ya'all
LOL!

Dude, all I said is there is a thread in the VIP addressing the "Daunte sacks" issue....that is ALL I said.

There are TONS of threads in the VIP section on topics that don't make there way into the Main Forum, happens all the time.

Threads in the VIP are and ALWAYS stay on topic. No trollers, no spam, no nonsense, just on topic football discussion. Sometimes the Main Forum can get a little out of hand because of the sheer number of members.

I am NOT saying a damn thing about the Main being "uncivilized". Hell, I'm in the Main Forum (or any of the other public forums) 95% of the time I'm here.

adamprez2003 said:
Its also a stretch to say 90% of the people only blamed Daunte. I remember it being pretty evenly split between Daunte, the oline and our secondary with a couple of Ronnie Brown and receiver threads thrown in. Hell even Jason Taylor was ripped the first few weeks by a few venomous posters:lol:
LOL!

J.T. should have been traded (he makes too much money, he is aging, get a 3rd round pick for him while we can etc.) according to some on this board, sounds absurd now, just as it did then...

I know the 90% thing is a little over the top but Daunte got a HELL of a lot more blame then he deserved when you look at the teams early struggles.

unifiedtheory said:
LOL!

Dude, all I said is there is a thread in the VIP addressing the "Daunte sacks" issue....that is ALL I said.

There are TONS of threads in the VIP section on topics that don't make there way into the Main Forum, happens all the time.

Threads in the VIP are and ALWAYS stay on topic. No trollers, no spam, no nonsense, just on topic football discussion. Sometimes the Main Forum can get a little out of hand because of the sheer number of members.

I am NOT saying a damn thing about the Main being "uncivilized". Hell, I'm in the Main Forum (or any of the other public forums) 95% of the time I'm here.

but you are saying the main forum is filled with trolls, spammers and full of nonsense...i see what ur saying.....

:wink:

unifiedtheory said:
But when we were losing it was all Daunte's fault according to 90% of the people here...it's a double standard that has been at work since the very beginning of the season.

I'm NOT bashing Harrington. He was alright today but he was FAR from anything special. He missed NUMEROUS open recievers and could only put 6 points on the board in the first half despite having mint field position throughout.

I'm not getting into the Joey Harrington pissing match. I'm tired of it. I'm trying to express my opinion on what I SEE, some of you can not stand it though. It is EXACTLY like the Fiedler days.
numerous? Are you sure those weren't some of the balls he was just throwing away? There were definately a few, and one I remember Chris was WIDE open and he missed him bad, but I don't know about numerous. Joey made it a priority to be careful with the football and he was excelent in that regard. No turnovers, and that is huge.

Slappy8800 said:
but you are saying the main forum is filled with trolls, spammers and full of nonsense...i see what ur saying.....

:wink:
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Of course....hell, I'm in here most of the time!

Rocky Raccoon said:
numerous? Are you sure those weren't some of the balls he was just throwing away? There were definately a few, and one I remember Chris was WIDE open and he missed him bad, but I don't know about numerous. Joey made it a priority to be careful with the football and he was excelent in that regard. No turnovers, and that is huge.

No turnovers is a great thing.

I'm NOT ripping Harrington! All I said was he missed "numerous open recievers" today. He did not exactly light up the joint today BUT he was conservative with the football and WE WON.

He was better today then he has been every week (accept vs. Detroit) in my opinion.

unifiedtheory said:
LOL!

J.T. should have been traded (he makes too much money, he is aging, get a 3rd round pick for him while we can etc.) according to some on this board, sounds absurd now, just as it did then...

I know the 90% thing is a little over the top but Daunte got a HELL of a lot more blame then he deserved when you look at the teams early struggles.

Daunte did deserve a good amount of the blame though as they were against pretty weak teams at the time. Tennessee, Houston, Buffalo were all getting blown out at the time. Right now they aren't because they've improved defensively just as we had. Those were supposed to be teams that Daunte should have been able to "handle" but he didn't. He turned the ball over and got sacked a lot. Yes, you can say the OL takes a chunk of blame but Daunte isn't much of a passer when he can't scramble all the time either.

unifiedtheory said:
No turnovers is a great thing.

I'm NOT ripping Harrington! All I said was he missed "numerous open recievers" today. He did not exactly light up the joint today BUT he was conservative with the football and WE WON.

He was better today then he has been every week (accept vs. Detroit) in my opinion.
oh I completely agree with you and every point you made. I guess my point is that I'll take the missed passes over the turnovers anyday. Basically IMO, he did his job. He played smart, he made the big throws when they were needed, and he managed the game well. I love Joey, but I'm not going to defend him or praise him when there's nothing to praise. Today, he earned some praise. Good for him, now lets see if he can keep it up.

Regan21286 said:
Daunte did deserve a good amount of the blame though as they were against pretty weak teams at the time. Tennessee, Houston, Buffalo were all getting blown out at the time. Right now they aren't because they've improved defensively just as we had. Those were supposed to be teams that Daunte should have been able to "handle" but he didn't. He turned the ball over and got sacked a lot. Yes, you can say the OL takes a chunk of blame but Daunte isn't much of a passer when he can't scramble all the time either.

Beat me to it, nice post.

Sure he dosen't get all the blame.
That would be silly to lay it all on Culpepper but he does share in a large percentage of it.

There were many weaknesses in his game that were amplified with his lack of mobility. Many occasions when he had time and had open receivers the guy still held on to the ball to long. Either he has troubles with reading defenses quickly enough ( this question has followed him throughout his career in college and pros) or becauese of his injury he just didn't have the confidence to make the throws.

Hopefully next year he'll come back a changed QB but that certainly isn't a given at this point.

Rocky Raccoon said:
oh I completely agree with you and every point you made. I guess my point is that I'll take the missed passes over the turnovers anyday. Basically IMO, he did his job. He played smart, he made the big throws when they were needed, and he managed the game well. I love Joey, but I'm not going to defend him or praise him when there's nothing to praise. Today, he earned some praise. Good for him, now lets see if he can keep it up.

Not to mention the little fact that he played a top tier team today. No turnovers against the Pats is a big accomplishment.

I think coaches have done a stellar job with him. If you noticed today he threw a good number of balls away when coverages were giving him nothing. This isn't something he was doing when he first started playing.

and just to make another point. I think a lot of people here dislike Harrington because the "Joey lovers" have a strong dislike for Pep, and I wish it would stop and everyone can get behind every player on our team. These guys are trying their hardest, they deserve respect.

We all know damn well that whomever the QB is next year will be boo'd, bashed, and called for their benching whenever they have a below average game. Just like Daunte was week 2 against Buffalo.

Rocky Raccoon said:
and just to make another point. I think a lot of people here dislike Harrington because the "Joey lovers" have a strong dislike for Pep, and I wish it would stop and everyone can get behind every player on our team. These guys are trying their hardest, they deserve respect.

We all know damn well that whomever the QB is next year will be boo'd, bashed, and called for their benching whenever they have a below average game. Just like Daunte was week 2 against Buffalo.

Pretty much...LOL!

I support whoever is the starter. Hell, I supported Jay Freakin' Fiedler for 5 years....I can support anyone!:lol:

I just think Daunte, when he gets healthy, offers our best option at quarterback. That being said, who ever lines up under center gets my backing.

I want WINS more then the ability to start a thread saying "I told you so and so was a bum/bust".

Rocky Raccoon said:

and i want dolfan stan to retire...we cant always get what we want

ps daunte stink ;)

unifiedtheory said:
Pretty much...LOL!

I support whoever is the starter. Hell, I supported Jay Freakin' Fiedler for 5 years....I can support anyone!:lol:

I just think Daunte, when he gets healthy, offers our best option at quarterback. That being said, who ever lines up under center gets my backing.

I want WINS more then the ability to start a thread saying "I told you so and so was a bum/bust".

i dont get what people see though....obviously isnt his w-l record or his RD to INT ratio

unifiedtheory said:

That may be the case but I think a fair competition between an improved Joey and a Culpepper still trying to make it back is the best way to go for our team. If Daunte's healthy but still shows up a 2002 or 2005 performance, obviously Joey should get the nod and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom