MERGED-Joey Harrington - 0.0 quaterback rating | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Joey Harrington - 0.0 quaterback rating

He was better than Grossmans 3. something wasn't he???

Oh yeah I am sorry Chicago won that game also...my bad...

Cleo Lemon is the starter for the rest of the year

I wish I could say I was surprised.

I have never seen a game that you could more easily blame on the complete lack of passing game. From top down...they called the game with ZERO confidence in the passing game, and they were proved right. We counted in the bar 3 passes Joey attempted over 10 yards. Two of them ended in interceptions. The third was incomplete to Chambers.

What is absolutely stunning about quite possibly one of the top 5 worst QB performances in Dolphins history witnessed today, was how CONSERVATIVE the game plan was that got him that horrible performance. They hardly asked him to throw anything, and what they did ask him to throw was all under 10 yards and in the backfield, and he couldn't even do that.

This was nothing short of awful, and Cleo Lemon needs to start next week against the Jets. Period.

ckparrothead said:

I have never seen a game that you could more easily blame on the complete lack of passing game. From top down...they called the game with ZERO confidence in the passing game, and they were proved right. We counted in the bar 3 passes Joey attempted over 10 yards. Two of them ended in interceptions. The third was incomplete to Chambers.

What is absolutely stunning about quite possibly one of the top 5 worst QB performances in Dolphins history witnessed today, was how CONSERVATIVE the game plan was that got him that horrible performance. They hardly asked him to throw anything, and what they did ask him to throw was all under 10 yards and in the backfield, and he couldn't even do that.

This was nothing short of awful, and Cleo Lemon needs to start next week against the Jets. Period.

Agreed....

ckparrothead said:

Quoted for truth yet again.

ckparrothead said:

its that exact gameplan that Joey said was not his strong point...

Look at the bright side....It is an easy way to save another 3.5M under the cap. Joey is an adequate back-up, at best. Frankly, I would rather have Cleo as our back-up. Frankly, Cleo may be our starter with the garbage QB's currently on our roster. Let's hope we get to see him for the next two games.

Slappy8800 said:
its that exact gameplan that Joey said was not his strong point...

So the short stuff isn't his strong point? He can't hit the deep ball? So what is he good at?

Joey is what he is and that's a mediocre QB, at best. He played well at Detroit, poorly against Jacksonville, well against NE and poorly (an understatement) today. That's his style. We shouldn't expect any more.

These people who are ready to ride his bandwagon and backing up Steve Young for saying he should be the starter need to watch today's game again. If all is perfect around him, Joey can win, but on days like today where you need your QB to make plays. He can't get it done.

I'm as frustrated as anyone we didn't get Brees, but I'm not closing the book on Daunte. He is still our meal ticket, at least for next year, and we have to hope he comes back healthy because we are no better than an 8-8, 9-7 team with Harrington.

Back
Top Bottom