merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf?

Spegg said:
This is what I have been telling you guys. We are not gonna get value for Pat. I suggested Pat and our 3rd for their 1st, and some of you thought that wasn't enough. This would be the best we could get. I would rather their 1st and give up our 3rd than just get their 2nd. This would give us alot of room to make trades on the first day.

LetsGoFins

If they don't want to give up their 2nd, why do you think they would give up their 1st for Pat and our 3rd?

Spegg said:
This is what I have been telling you guys. We are not gonna get value for Pat. I suggested Pat and our 3rd for their 1st, and some of you thought that wasn't enough. This would be the best we could get. I would rather their 1st and give up our 3rd than just get their 2nd. This would give us alot of room to make trades on the first day.

LetsGoFins
y would they do that??

it doesnt makes sense from our POV either. Saban wants to stockpile picks not move up.

They're just trying to barter with us, that's all. Relax guys, there's no way the Phins would give up Surtain for a 4th.

Should offer them 3 choices:

1) They give us their second this year

2) They give us their 4th this year and their first next year.

3) They can go pack sand, let them sign the cripple Ty Law. Watch Moss laugh as he runs by him 5 times a game for long TD's.

So.JerseySam said:
Should offer them 3 choices:

1) They give us their second this year

2) They give us their 4th this year and their first next year.

3) They can go pack sand, let them sign the cripple Ty Law. Watch Moss laugh as he runs by him 5 times a game for long TD's.

I actually think if we get there 4th this year and their second next year, that would be good value because that is two picks with one coming possibly in the early 2nd round because I do not think KC is going to win games as much as in the past. Vermeil is going to get desperate though because he needs a defense bad, especially in the DB.

Challenger74 said:
Just heard on the Big O's show that KC wants to offer a 4th rounder for Surtain...

and I want a BJ from Beyonce...

Challenger74 said:
Just heard on the Big O's show that KC wants to offer a 4th rounder for Surtain. Are they crazy?? Man, we give up a 2nd rounder for AJ but we can't even get a 2nd rounder for a Pro Bowler?? I'd rather keep him. Forget that.....

Then, you either politely hang up the phone, or go tell them to get faq'd, and slam the phone down. Either way, they get the message. They want to act like they doing us a favor, sheet, we got him, they dont. Never give up the high ground. We can utilize him one more year, they cant, then they have to bid for his a$$ in FA next year. Make them pay!

If we can't get a mid to high second than I say rework Surtains contract for a long stay. We need that shut down corner to win games more than we need a second anyway.

LtDan662002 said:
Oh hell know!!! That is not value at all. Keep him unless we get a 2nd

I'm with you!! If they think he's worth a fourth round draft pick, they hadn't a clue!! :fire:

Yea, I agree with all, a 4th rounder??? I mean I know there "bartering" but I would have seriously just laughed at that one. Anyway, unless the Fins dont get at least a late 2nd or better than keep him for the year while trying to patch things up and maybe re-work an offer or at worst take the hit this year while in a rebuilding mode, and his salary is gone next year, plus well have 1 Hell of a Defense this year!!!! Wait t il draft day, if nothing happens, keep him. Personally I love the guy and wouldnt mind if the worst thing that happened was we get to see him play along Sam 1 more year while Poole gets his feet more wet.

There's a few things that everyone needs to know and understand.

#1) King Carl (Peterson, KC's GM) is NOTORIOUSLY slow in negotiating trades, contracts, etc. That's his reputation around the league. Slowest in the biz.

#2) There's no reason for KC to just give in now. Not when they have until April 23 to get something done. They still have time and Ty Law on their side as leverage.

We will not be giving up Surtain if we don't get value for him. This is a precident-setting transaction in the Saban era. If we give up Surtain for a 4th or whatever, it will show the rest of the league that we can be had or gotten the better of in trade negotiations.......just like before. That harms our long-term prospects. And Saban will not allow it to happen.

You got to look on the birhg side, the Cheifs are now starting to have trade offers for Surtain. I think they know that them offering a 4th wont happen, but they are just starting to warm up to the real offer soon.

Back
Top Bottom