merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf?

Spegg said:
This is what I have been telling you guys. We are not gonna get value for Pat. I suggested Pat and our 3rd for their 1st, and some of you thought that wasn't enough. This would be the best we could get. I would rather their 1st and give up our 3rd than just get their 2nd. This would give us alot of room to make trades on the first day.

LetsGoFins

Lol there is no way they are trading their 3rd for our 1st, look what they are offering a 4th! I have said time and time again that I like Surtain, but as far as trade bait he is far overvalued.

outlawd2u said:
Is a 4th Rounder better than nothing???? Because that's exactly what we will get for him if we don't trade him THIS YEAR.......NOTHING. Also it seems as though the team is relying on shipping Surtain out to be able to afford other players/draft picks(and you think other teams don't know this as well???). We may get screwed on the deal, but it COULD end up being a deal we have to make

As has been mentioned, if we hold onto him this year, and cannot renegotiate a contract for next year and he is a FA...we would get a comp. pick, probably a 3rd rounder...so we will get something for him...

The issue is that if KC or anyone else trades for PS, they will (and so will Pat) want a long-term contract. It could very well be made to be cap friendly to whomever trades for him. The issue with Pat seems to be a BIG signing bonus, which the Fins are not willing to pay (simply because to make it cap friendly, it would have to be tied to a long term contract. Saban does not expect to keep PS beyond this or next year, therefore, we would take a sizeable cap hit in two years to cut or trade him.)

We still have until draft day to see how this works out. I doubt that Saban would take just a 4th rounder for PS and I'm sure that the Chiefs, if serious, are just getting the negotiations going...

KuchaMucha said:
I think that they're posturing so that they can turn around and try to manipulate us into accepting their 3rd rounder (compensatory pick) which is more like an early 4th rounder because it's at the very end of the 3rd round. PS is worth more than that, imo! I agree with the people above: 2nd Round pick or no deal! That or, go ahead and give us their fourth this year and their 2nd rounder next year.

I don't believe you can trade comp picks, but on draft day, they could work out something with KC if they draft the guy we want with that pick and trade player for player...

LarryFinFan said:
I don't believe you can trade comp picks, but on draft day, they could work out something with KC if they draft the guy we want with that pick and trade player for player...

I could see that...but I'm getting some bad vibes from the KC GM (Peterson). His low-balling, delay tactics and posturing may cost him in the end. Well, I hope it does if he keeps this up. :)

a deal between the 2cond & the 4th could be the deal. And if other players are involved( Miami throws in a player for the 2cond/KC throws in a player with the 4th), those players would have to be evaluated & contracts worked out.

The pick or picks have little value until the 23rd, what is to be gained by rushing in

Caldolfan said:
I would rather get nothing for him next year than give him up for a forth this year.
Agreed...

Keep him for the last year of his contract if that's all we can get for him. Then next year when he goes free agent, we'll collect the compensatory pick from the NFL.

vermeil can shove his 4th round pick up his @ss. If the chiefs want a player who is worth a 4th rounder send the Reggie Howard.

This is a Sign from GOD re-sign Pat Surtain

phunwin said:
They're just trying to barter with us, that's all. Relax guys, there's no way the Phins would give up Surtain for a 4th.

or they realized something...
offering us a 4th might be the best offer we get before the draft and just might work.

they should throw in their 2nd pick next year and i'd taske this trade. they think they're actually gonna be good this year so their 2nd next year doesn't have all that much value in their eyes.

Challenger74 said:
Just heard on the Big O's show that KC wants to offer a 4th rounder for Surtain. Are they crazy?? Man, we give up a 2nd rounder for AJ but we can't even get a 2nd rounder for a Pro Bowler?? I'd rather keep him. Forget that.....

I hope Saban tells them to go F*** themselves. Surtain for a 4th... that's absurd. I can't believe how ridiculous this is... if no one is willing to give up a 1st round pick for one of the best CBs in the league, then we should keep him, and concentrate on either getting him restructured and signed for the future, or finding his replacement.

In summary, KISS MY @$$ K.C.!!!

vermeil was prob ready to give us the 3rd rounder but then said "Hold on, were talking about the Dolphins here, we can probably steal pat for a 4th or 5th rounder"

finfan54 said:
I actually think if we get there 4th this year and their second next year, that would be good value because that is two picks with one coming possibly in the early 2nd round because I do not think KC is going to win games as much as in the past. Vermeil is going to get desperate though because he needs a defense bad, especially in the DB.

Agreed.

Their 4th this year is cool with me, as long as they add their 2nd next year to it.

Saban4prez said:
they should throw in their 2nd pick next year and i'd taske this trade. they think they're actually gonna be good this year so their 2nd next year doesn't have all that much value in their eyes.

ditto. Oh yeah, you spelled take wrong.

Back
Top Bottom