merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:KC wants to give us a 4th for Surtain..wtf?

That's a slap in the face.

Theree words: NOT A SHOT!!

i say they give us their 3rd and fourth for Surtain or just a 2nd for him... the third they got is a compensatory pick which is 99th overall. its only fair i mean hes our top corner.....we wont part with him for only a 4th... we cant...it wont be right...3rd and 4th or just a 2nd.

Justasportsfan said:
Surtains cap hit makes him undesirable to most teams especially since teams like NE have proven you can win it all w/ rookies , back-ups as long as you have the coaches.

New England has some talented stars who they couldnt do well without.

ih8brady said:
New England has some talented stars who they couldnt do well without.
they didn't emerge until BB brought it out of them. BB made them stars. Brady was a 6th rd. pick. Dillon was considered damaged goods. Brown was converted to cb when their cb was depleted. The Pats were the most injured team the season ithey won their their 1st sb. It's the system and coaches.

the chiefs are making themselves look like fools

they offer us a 4th round pick when Surtain is a pro bowl player? Not only has he been good but one of the best players in the league for the past few seasons. The packers got a 2nd round pick for mike mckenzie when he is not even close tot he level on which Surtain is on. For the dolphins to be only offered a 4th round pick is a slap in the face. If the most we are going to get out of Surtain is a 4th round pick, We need to restructure his deal. Getting a 3rd round pick for Surtain is also not a great deal for us and they do not even offer that. Not many pro bowlers are found in the later rounds. There are exceptions of course but finding a good cornerback is just as hard as it is to find a good quarterback. A 2nd round pick is a bargain for them. They get a premier cornerback who has already been successful in the league. I say we make a final offer of a 2nd round pick or we resign him.

clear.gif

I think they'd be bigger fools if they just jumped for Surtains services while Ty Law is out there. You gotta bargain first when you're in a flea market.

They aren't looking like fools. They are holding out for whats best for them. It's not like there is a market for Surtain.

finsgonewild said:
they offer us a 4th round pick when Surtain is a pro bowl player? Not only has he been good but one of the best players in the league for the past few seasons. The packers got a 2nd round pick for mike mckenzie when he is not even close tot he level on which Surtain is on. For the dolphins to be only offered a 4th round pick is a slap in the face. If the most we are going to get out of Surtain is a 4th round pick, We need to restructure his deal. Getting a 3rd round pick for Surtain is also not a great deal for us and they do not even offer that. Not many pro bowlers are found in the later rounds. There are exceptions of course but finding a good cornerback is just as hard as it is to find a good quarterback. A 2nd round pick is a bargain for them. They get a premier cornerback who has already been successful in the league. I say we make a final offer of a 2nd round pick or we resign him.

IMO, they'll look like fools if they stick to their 4th round offer and lose the chance to have Pat but, right now, they are playing a game and doing what I would expect. By making the player and/or team believe that they'd really prefer to get the deal done, it's not all that important because they have "X" option available (at a much better price and/or situation). Once all the facade is stripped away by the reality of the situation, a real value can be agreed to.

I think the Chiefs know what they are doing. The Dolphins need to trade Surtain to get some cap relief. I think the Packers were content with having McKenzie sit out untill they got a satisfactory offer. They are 2 different scenarios. We may have to take less because we are in a bad situation and the Chiefs know it. Especially now that it appears they are the only ones showing any interest.

This is the inevitable jockeying. But I'd maintain this as my approach to KC -- "you don't want to give up your #2? -- fine, let's see how you do with that inept defense and Randy Moss in the division."

We still have the dumb GM that gave up a 2nd rounder for A.J. Feeley. I don't think they're dumb for offering a 4th rounder to us, I think they're smart (trying to fool Rick). Cause if we don't accept their offer, they can just simply sign Law or Dyson.

shouright said:
This is the inevitable jockeying. But I'd maintain this as my approach to KC -- "you don't want to give up your #2? -- fine, let's see how you do with that inept defense and Randy Moss in the division."

Oakland has just an inept defense as KC. The scores of those games will be up around 72-65. Does anybody here actually think Surtain can successfully cover Moss 1 on 1? I don't.

Back
Top Bottom