Merged: Keuch a Hall of Fame Finalist, again/Good luck to Kooch/OL Coach ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Keuch a Hall of Fame Finalist, again/Good luck to Kooch/OL Coach ?

official PR

Bob Kuechenberg Named As Finalist For Hall Of Fame
Kuechenberg played 15 seasons (1970-84) for the Dolphins, during which time he participated in four Super Bowls, capturing two championships, including the team’s 17-0 1972 “Perfect Seasonâ€Â, the only undefeated, untied season in NFL history. He was named to six Pro Bowls (1975-76, 1978-79, 1983-84) and was an All-Pro on two occasions (1975, 1978).

Love that Kuech is a finalist - clearly DOlphin O-lineman have made an impression on Canton and Kuech is well suited to continue that tradition. Maybe Richmond Webb is next? Regardless, here's to Kuech crackin' the Canton code!

Sanders & Elway are givens. I'm surprised that Art Monk didn't get in last year. Most of his receiving #s were in the top 3 back when he retired.

Good luck to Kooch for the HOF!! how about him for o-line coach?

Is hard to believe that Kuechenburg is not in the HOF yet. This guy was a true warrior. I still remeber how he DOMINATED Alan Page in our 2nd superbowl win. Man, what a line that was with him, Little and Langer and Zonk running behind them. Later in the 80's it was Kooch, Stevenson and Eddie Newman and that was a fine line too. This guy deserves to be in and I hope he gets it this year. And while I'm talking about him, why not him as an o-line coach. If this guy can't motivate our o-line, then nobody ever will imo. Kooch for the hall!!

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

Keuch won't ever be coaching on this staff. He was very vocal in his wishes to fire Wanny. But who's to say he couldn't get them to kick azz!!

Guy played with a broken back too. And he doesn't respect Kellen Winslow for being carried off the field in '81. Says everybody else got up themselves. He should have too.

His enshrinement is long overdue.

Originally posted by Muck
Keuch won't ever be coaching on this staff. He was very vocal in his wishes to fire Wanny. But who's to say he couldn't get them to kick azz!!

Guy played with a broken back too. And he doesn't respect Kellen Winslow for being carried off the field in '81. Says everybody else got up themselves. He should have too.

His enshrinement is long overdue.

Keuch also said that he only occasionally watches the Dolphins, so I would assume that he only occasionally watches football if he rarely watches the team he played for.

Keuch will probably never be a OLine coach and certainly will never be one under Wanny.

And to think. Kooch was an undrafted rookie free agent signing that Miami cut twice before he stuck.

Larry Little was picked up off waivers from San Diego.

Jim Langer was traded to Miami by Cleveland for a late round draft pick.

Just goes to show you that linemen don't have to be top draft picks to succeed.

The reason Kuech belongs in the hall is simple.....He played and excelled in two distinctly different offenses....when Zonk and the gang were running behind him he was a great run blocker...then, when Marino came in he turned into an all-pro pass protector.....In other words he did what was needed, and he did it at a level that very few others could.

Back
Top Bottom