[MERGED] Keyshawn Strongly Considering Comeback | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Keyshawn Strongly Considering Comeback

i thought we signed him already....this rumor is old. i thought you had heard some new news.

I'll say that i wouldn't mind drafting Chris Long,i really think he'll be good in the NFL and i'd like to have him playing for us.

now draft Chris Long #1... or trade down to maybe atlanta a bit and draft Chris Long 3-5???? what you think??? watch the coin flip at the combine!!!

Good. I never really was a fan of his but, we need receivers. Get him and then one more good player and we should be fine at that position for this year. Not a fan, but he isnt near as bad as some of the other high profile clowns that play WR in the league.

Keyshawn to MIA?

I saw earlier on NFL Live they were talking about Keyshawn possibly coming back to the NFL. The top team they talked about him coming back to was Miami most likely because of Parcells and the rest of the cowboys staff. I think he would be a good fit seeing our lack of talent at the WR positon and lack of veterans...he would be a great mentor towards Hagan seeing as there the same type of WR both tall and a redzone threat maybe he could work on his hands with him.....He would also be a great #2 posession receiver on the other side of Ginn...

Thoughts?

I hope we pick Keyshaw Johnson up and he is not about himself any more rember last year during the draft when Carolina picked up Dawayne Jarrett about coming and wanting to teach if he can come here and be that excited about teaching are guys Hagan and Ginn and some others I think he will be excited about coming and teaching here and playing with Bill Parcells.

Why woud anyone want this arrogant jerk? He is not that good and is very slow. He had his time in the NFL because he was a big target but now there are alot of WR's as big or bigger and much faster. We are REBUILDING now - he does not fit into the future. If you need mentors then hire MORE COACHES!! Don't waste a spot for a player. I don't think Parcells would do this - at least I hope not!

My column tomorrow at RealFootball365 addresses this very question: why would the Dolphins want Keyshawn?

A preview:

Just give Keyshawn the damn contract

First of all, Johnson is a Parcells guy, a professional who knows what is expected on a Bill Parcells-led team. He works hard and will set an example for all the younger players, not just the receivers. Johnson also played in new offensive coordinator Dan Henning’s offensive system in Carolina and has called Henning the best play-caller he’s ever worked under.

Second, the Dolphins are in desperate need of wide receiver help. With the Panthers in 2006, Johnson had 70 receptions (42 for first downs) for 815 yards and four touchdowns. The three wide receivers remaining from last year’s roster (Ted Ginn, Greg Camarillo, and Derek Hagan) combined for 71 catches (45 for first downs), 953 yards, and 6 TDs in 2007.

Here's the link to the entire article: http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/21349.html

I saw earlier on NFL Live they were talking about Keyshawn possibly coming back to the NFL. The top team they talked about him coming back to was Miami most likely because of Parcells and the rest of the cowboys staff. I think he would be a good fit seeing our lack of talent at the WR positon and lack of veterans...he would be a great mentor towards Hagan seeing as there the same type of WR both tall and a redzone threat maybe he could work on his hands with him.....He would also be a great #2 posession receiver on the other side of Ginn...

Thoughts?

ah, he's definitely thinking of it. he has been working out, going through trainings with others... definitely contemplating. he has a great relationship with Parcells, and they been talking of his possible return (he said him and Parcells talk a lot anyways too).

I have never been a big ME-shawn fan but if he is willing to play for the minimum I would be ok giving him a shot.

Back
Top Bottom