MERGED: Kraft Gives Putin SB Ring / Putin Steal Ring | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Kraft Gives Putin SB Ring / Putin Steal Ring

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Russian President Putin steals Pats SB Ring

Russian president pockets Patriots owner's diamond-covered Super Bowl ringJune 29, 2005 BOSTON (AP) -- Russian President Vladimir Putin walked off with New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft's diamond-encrusted 2005 Super Bowl ring, but was it a generous gift or a very expensive international misunderstanding? Following a meeting of American business executives and Putin at Konstantinovsky Palace near St. Petersburg on Saturday, Kraft showed the ring to Putin -- who tried it on, put it in his pocket and left, according to Russian news reports.

New England "Patriots" are sellouts! Kraft gives Super Bowl ring to Commies!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2096909

Seems like something very un-"Patriot" like for Robert Kraft to give his Super Bowl ring to Vladimir Putin as a payoff for good standing in Russia on some of Kraft's business ventures.

Furthermore, is this proof that the Patriots' "reign" as it were has really been engineered by President Bush to encourage patriotism in the wake of September 11th? Now, to encourage good relations with Russia, Bush has Kraft (now his stooly), give Putin his Super Bowl ring.

Sounds suspicious to me.

ckparrothead said:

Seems like something very un-"Patriot" like for Robert Kraft to give his Super Bowl ring to Vladimir Putin as a payoff for good standing in Russia on some of Kraft's business ventures.

Furthermore, is this proof that the Patriots' "reign" as it were has really been engineered by President Bush to encourage patriotism in the wake of September 11th? Now, to encourage good relations with Russia, Bush has Kraft (now his stooly), give Putin his Super Bowl ring.

Sounds suspicious to me.

I hope you are kidding...and by the way.....Russia hasnt been communist for quite a while now.

He probably wants to do business with Russia and this is his way to "brown nose" Pukin. Shows you where his loyalties reside.

:rofl3: this story is even on cnn. I am laughing so hard. On espn radio today, collin cowherd (sp?.) was saying that kraft should just let it go cause Putin is ex KGB. This is so funny only cuase it didnt happen to me!!!:rofl3:

It was a gift.

Kraft says ring was gift to Russian leader

Associated Press

BOSTON -- Russian President Vladimir Putin walked off with New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft's diamond-encrusted 2005 Super Bowl ring.

Following a meeting of American business executives and Putin at Konstantinovsky Palace near St. Petersburg on Saturday, Kraft showed the ring to Putin -- who tried it on, put it in his pocket and left, said Russian news reports.

"Upon seeing the ring, President Putin, a great and knowledgeable sports fan, was clearly taken with its uniqueness," Kraft said in a statement. "At that point, I decided to give him the ring as a symbol of the respect and admiration that I have for the Russian people and the leadership of President Putin.

It wasn't initially clear whether Kraft, whose business interests also include paper and packaging companies and venture capital investments, intended that Putin keep the ring.

A Kremlin official who spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear of compromising his position said the ring was a present. "Such a present was made," the official said.

He said Putin had given the ring to the Kremlin library where other foreign gifts are kept.

"I have ancestors from Russia, so it added significance for me to know that something so cherished would reside at the Kremlin along with other special gifts given to Russian presidents," Kraft said. "It was truly an act of serendipity and one that I am honored to have experienced."

Patriots spokesman Stacey James said the ring's worth was "substantially more" than $15,000, as the value had been reported. He refused to be specific, but noted that the ring has 124 diamonds.

Kraft handed out Super Bowl rings to players and coaches at his home two weeks ago.

The Patriots have won three of the last four Super Bowls.

Oh i'm sure we're all applauding Kraft's generosity and goodwill toward Russia. Bullsh!t. It was a payoff, plain and simple.

Ah, it's all in the details folks.

He was there with other business men, who were obviously doing some pretty big dealings. So, what's a $20K+ ring when your setting up million dollar deals. We got to pay Brady & Seymour somehow!

That Kraft, he is one sly dog! :rofl3:

Dirtywater said:
Ah, it's all in the details folks.

He was there with other business men, who were obviously doing some pretty big dealings. So, what's a $20K+ ring when your setting up million dollar deals. We got to pay Brady & Seymour somehow!

That Kraft, he is one sly dog! :rofl3:
Pay them in kraft cheese! Wooo I liked that one.

Pats got the blues, Kraft macaroni and cheese style.

Wagon Circler said:
Pay them in kraft cheese! Wooo I liked that one.

Pats got the blues, Kraft macaroni and cheese style.

Well yes, but Kraft doesn't own Kraft Foods. Different business.

Back
Top Bottom