merged:Lamar Gordon - Forgotten Man?/What do you think of Gordon when healthy? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:Lamar Gordon - Forgotten Man?/What do you think of Gordon when healthy?

Ruderic said:
I confess I cheered when Ray Lucas got hurt and Sage came in but it didn't do any good. He just handed off.

I was always really hopeing Thurman Thomas would get knocked out... :eek:

Boomer said:
You're happy that a Dolphin player got hurt?????????????????

What a dumb statement.

How do you know he won't be at that level? You saw him play in college? You saw a lot of his Rams games? Pffffttttt.

I'll tell you this for free......Nick Saban and Scott Linehan haven't forgotten about Lamar Gordon.

I'm sure the London area gets a lot of South Dakota State and St. Louis Rams games televised. :lol:

Gitrdone said:
Gordon was supposed to be the man to take over for the rams. They Drafted someone else cause he couldn't stay healthy or cut the mustard. There was a reason why they let him go. I feel he can be a good backup, if he was the starting calibur he would still be with the Rams.

Not exactly. The Rams didn't think he was starting caliber and drafted someone else (Jackson). Later they learned that he had been injured all year. They have never seen whether a healthy Gordon was starting caliber or not. He has had a poor injury history in the NFL, that is a legit knock, but nobody has seen enough of a healthy Gordon to say whether he can be a starter or not. He certainly has enough physical ability.

TheMadPorpoise said:
I'm sure the London area gets a lot of South Dakota State and St. Louis Rams games televised. :lol:

Actually smartass, the SDSU Sports Information Director sent me 2 games of Gordon's plus a lengthy hilights package pre-draft. And I will bet you a lot of money that I have seen more Rams games the last 3 years than you sunbeam.

:shakeno:

Lamar Gordon seems to be a perfect Linehan back to me. If we dont draft a rb with our first pick its because saban and linehan have faith in gordon.

FrostyFinFan said:
I agree that 2005 will be make or break for Gordon, provided he gets the opportunity. After many years of having to watch Vikings games, and observing Linehan, I think Gordon will get the chance in Miami this year.

- My Gawd man , what prison were you sent to?

Who's Lamar Gordon? Was that the dude that gave Batman the signal when something was up?

MelbournePhin said:
if he can stay healthy, he would be a hell of a back up. i have not seen enough of him to judge if he could be a starter

Wow. One injury in his brief career and all of a sudden there are questions if he can stay healthy. The man hasn't had an oppotunity to really do anything in this league. What does concern me though, is the drafting of Steven Jackson last year. It leads me to conclude that St. Louis wasn't that high on him.
In fact, St. Louis had offered Gordon straight up for Zgonina, but DW and RS, in their infinite wisdom thought it was better to trade a 3rd rd draft choice instead.
Talk about shortsighted.

jlfin said:
In fact, St. Louis had offered Gordon straight up for Zgonina, but DW and RS, in their infinite wisdom thought it was better to trade a 3rd rd draft choice instead.
Talk about shortsighted.

Sorry but that simply isn't true.

Boomer said:
I'll tell you this for free......Nick Saban and Scott Linehan haven't forgotten about Lamar Gordon.

thats what i think too, he could really surprise....and also if you download the latest roster update for madden on football-freaks.com, lamar gordon is the starter and he is a lot of fun to play..... :D

@ boomer

do you know the 40s time of lamar gordon ?

rafael said:
Not exactly. The Rams didn't think he was starting caliber and drafted someone else (Jackson).

I said "if he was the starting calibur he would still be with the Rams." So thats the same thing.

Later they learned that he had been injured all year.

You mean team Doctors didn't know he had gotten injured during the year?

They have never seen whether a healthy Gordon was starting caliber or not. He has had a poor injury history in the NFL, that is a legit knock, but nobody has seen enough of a healthy Gordon to say whether he can be a starter or not. He certainly has enough physical ability.

I said " I feel he can be a good backup" My reasoning as to why not a starter? He has to stay healthy to have a chance to become the good starter. I feel he is not the starter material, based on his injury history. Seems he is made of glass. They (The Rams) gave up on him and thought he was not starting material because he couldn't stay healthy. Having the ability is one thing, it don't help anyone when you are always injured.

I feel he is a backup just because of his injuries. You can't count on someone who is injured that often.

Physical ability means nothing if you can't get on and stay on the field.

jlfin said:
Wow. One injury in his brief career and all of a sudden there are questions if he can stay healthy.

Last year was not the first time he was injured.

I haven't seen enough of Lamar Gordon to really make an affirmative assessment one way or the other, BUT he has the physical attributes of a stellar RB.

He could be a TJ Duckett kind of guy (I'm still scratching my head over why a guy who's 250lbs and runs a 4.4ish isn't manhandling opponents), or he could be what we all hope Ronnie Brown is.

One thing is for sure: behind Denver's line, he'd run for 1600.

Back
Top Bottom