merged:Lamar Gordon - Forgotten Man?/What do you think of Gordon when healthy? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:Lamar Gordon - Forgotten Man?/What do you think of Gordon when healthy?

BigSportShop said:
Nobody seems to talk about Lamar Gordon much. Any chance that Saban and the team purposely doesn't mention him to keep up a smoke screen that the Dolphins plan on drafting a RB?

What do folks think of Gordon - does he have any talent? Could he be a decent RB for us? Personally, I don't think highly of him but it him not getting substantial playing time so we could confirm that one way or another was one of the biggest disappointments in a season chock full of disasters.

I think this has a lot to do with why we did not push harder for SA or Edge or the other guys available this offseason. Gordon is a capable back, that was sitting behind Marshall Faulk...That is why he hasn't had much of a "career". I think he will fit well into Linehan's system...he can catch out of the backfield and, from what I've seen from him, is pretty good on draws and recieving out of the backfield. Time will tell, and what I'm not sure of is whether he can carry the whole load as RB...In Linehan's system, he wouldn't be asked to do that, so this is another way he fits well into that system...we will have to wait and see for now though.

Boomer said:
Actually smartass, the SDSU Sports Information Director sent me 2 games of Gordon's plus a lengthy hilights package pre-draft. And I will bet you a lot of money that I have seen more Rams games the last 3 years than you sunbeam.

:shakeno:
ouch...Dissed :roflmao:

How about we fix our line first, so he won't get another kill shot that got him injured last year.

Honestly don't know enough about him. I really hope he stays healthy and shows us what he has. Alot of people on this board have faith in him.

Well I dont think he can be counted on for much considering he was ineffective (granted the line was pretty much non-existant) when playing and is coming off an injury. I think that trade was a panic move from Speilman and Wannestadt to try and save the season. I think we would have been better off keeping the 3rd and taking a rookie. I wouldnt trade a 3rd rounder for a teams 3rd string Rb just on principle. The Pats got Dillion for a 2nd rounder, theres a diffference between a 2nd and a 3rd certainly, but Dillion is in a different league than Gordon, it wasnt a good value trade to put it lightly. Then again I wouldnt trade a second rounder for teams 3rd string Qb either so what do I know. Really he doesnt seem much better than Minor or any of the other backup-caliber guys we have on the roster. Hopefully Im wrong about that.

Aqua and Orange said:
I never saw Lamar Gordon being on the level of Edge or Shaun Alexander, and thus when he went down I was sort of happy because it meant we could start looking elsewhere sooner than later.

I'd be happy to see you go down so we can look for a more intelligent person to contribute to the fin forums. Rather look sooner than later, right?:confused:

larfo2224 said:
Honestly don't know enough about him. I really hope he stays healthy and shows us what he has. Alot of people on this board have faith in him.

The only knock I heard about him was he was not hitting holes at full speed in St. Louis. That was just something a guy told me at work, and he watches a lot of football and football talk shows. Still, just what I heard from 1 guy. I think it would be nice to see him play. He seems strong and athletic enough to contribute if healthy.

There seems to be some confusion about where Gordon went to college. He's from NDSU not SDSU. North Dakota, not South Dakota. NDSU Bison, SDSU Jackrabbits. How would you like a mascot name like Jackrabbits? Oh, no... here come the rabbits!

As for the guy asking what prison I'm presently in causing me to watch Vikings games, it's not prison, just location. I live in North Dakota and make no apologies for it, except for the fact that one of the weekend games is always the ******* Vikings!

Forgotten man b/c he never has been 'the man." the day he is a starter and an effective one and we are still looking for a RB, then he can be called that. Until then Gordon is just a vet who hasn't panned out.

At some point, Miami needs to think seriously about getting a RB - 1st round or later.

What do you think of Lamar Gordon when healthy?

I've never really seen Lamar Gordon play. If anyone has seen him play, what is your opinion of him when healthy? I figure if he's a very good back (900-1250 yards), then maybe we should go with a wide receiver instead of a running back. As it stands our passing game doesn't scare anyone. I figure if we can draft Braylon Edwards or even Troy Williamson and put either one of them on the other side of chambers, not only will the passing game be a lot better, but the running game will benefit because the safeties won't be cheating up to the line of scrimmage. What do you think?

Our passing game was overlooked because of our QB, Lamar Gordon does not scare anybody, if he did he would be signed. Please read previous posts about Lamar Gordon, he has been discussed for the past three days.

Champ said:
Our passing game was overlooked because of our QB, Lamar Gordon does not scare anybody, if he did he would be signed. Please read previous posts about Lamar Gordon, he has been discussed for the past three days.

Uh, he is signed?? WTF are you talking about?? And he is a good back IMO. Not saying we should not still draft a back for insurance but not necessarily in the 1st

dougfinsfan72 said:
I've never really seen Lamar Gordon play. If anyone has seen him play, what is your opinion of him when healthy? I figure if he's a very good back (900-1250 yards), then maybe we should go with a wide receiver instead of a running back. As it stands our passing game doesn't scare anyone. I figure if we can draft Braylon Edwards or even Troy Williamson and put either one of them on the other side of chambers, not only will the passing game be a lot better, but the running game will benefit because the safeties won't be cheating up to the line of scrimmage. What do you think?

I think lamar gordon, WITH HELP, is capable, not gamebreaking, but capable. Problem is, he doesn't HAVE help, cuz our line SUCKS. So no threat from him = they expect the pass = gonna be hard for ANY WR to succeed. Benson and Brown are both big strong backs that can MAKE things happen even when there is nothing initially, and THAT is what we need. One of those two will also let the pass game open up and AJ can start getting the ball to Chambers, Booker, and McMichael

I think when healthy he is worth the third rounder we gave up for him. I'll say that much at least.

The one thing I noticed about him is the fact that he can make the first guy miss most of the times. The only problem is that LY, the first guy was usually a couple of yards through our line. Oh yeah, and then there was the second, third and fourth guy! I think he has the talent to do something in this offense. Personally, I am looking forward to seeing what he can do TY.

Back
Top Bottom