merged:Lamar Gordon - Forgotten Man?/What do you think of Gordon when healthy? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:Lamar Gordon - Forgotten Man?/What do you think of Gordon when healthy?

BigSportShop

BigSportShop.com
Reaction score
Lamar Gordon - Forgotten Man?

Nobody seems to talk about Lamar Gordon much. Any chance that Saban and the team purposely doesn't mention him to keep up a smoke screen that the Dolphins plan on drafting a RB?

What do folks think of Gordon - does he have any talent? Could he be a decent RB for us? Personally, I don't think highly of him but it him not getting substantial playing time so we could confirm that one way or another was one of the biggest disappointments in a season chock full of disasters.

if he can stay healthy, he would be a hell of a back up. i have not seen enough of him to judge if he could be a starter

nobody got to see what he could do because of his injury but he has been a back-up his whole NFL career so far and I don't think he's good enough to be a starter

nick19991 said:
nobody got to see what he could do because of his injury but he has been a back-up his whole NFL career so far and I don't think he's good enough to be a starter

he was supposed to replace marshall in St. Louis, but that plan went awry. the argument that he has been a back up his whole career doesnt hold much weight. he has not even had a long enough 'career' to be labeled a career back up.

I never saw Lamar Gordon being on the level of Edge or Shaun Alexander, and thus when he went down I was sort of happy because it meant we could start looking elsewhere sooner than later.

Aqua and Orange said:
I never saw Lamar Gordon being on the level of Edge or Shaun Alexander, and thus when he went down I was sort of happy because it meant we could start looking elsewhere sooner than later.

happy that he went down? i think i would have been happier to see how he performed. there would be no what about lamar gordon questions if he would have stayed healthy and we would know his role on the team by now. to me, that is better than all the question marks that we have about him right now

Aqua and Orange said:

You're happy that a Dolphin player got hurt?????????????????

What a dumb statement.

How do you know he won't be at that level? You saw him play in college? You saw a lot of his Rams games? Pffffttttt.

I'll tell you this for free......Nick Saban and Scott Linehan haven't forgotten about Lamar Gordon.

Aqua and Orange said:

How could anybody be happy about a player getting a season ending injury? You're talking about a man's career. Besides, we made an investment in him by trading a draft pick. I want to see him playing on the field.

Boomer said:
You're happy that a Dolphin player got hurt?????????????????

What a dumb statement.

How do you know he won't be at that level? You saw him play in college? You saw a lot of his Rams games? Pffffttttt.

I'll tell you this for free......Nick Saban and Scott Linehan haven't forgotten about Lamar Gordon.
GatorChris said:
How could anybody be happy about a player getting a season ending injury? You're talking about a man's career. Besides, we made an investment in him by trading a draft pick. I want to see him playing on the field.
Look at that...a Gator Hater and a Gator Lover getting on the same page...the motto here should be "Finheaven, where bridges are built"... :roflmao:

He seems to have talent but hasnt been able to stay on the field due to injury problems throughout his career.I wouldnt go into a season depending on him to carry us through a season.

I think Gordon can be very valuble if he stays healthy. I watched him replace an injured Faulk a couple of years ago and he did great. He's a bit injury prone but there was nothing he could do about his shoulder last season. That hit was vicious and I knew right away he wouldn't be back for a while. At the least he will be a great back up and will also put up a good fight in the competition for starting rb.

i see lamar like a natrone means type runner. hes short bulky and runs routes like natrone. i loved natrone Means too bad he had a short career

Well from what I saw last year of him, I liked a lot. I keep hearing about how he wasn't as good as so and so...but then with our offensive line, the top 5 RB's in the league would of looked like backups. So with his injury and our Oline last year its hard to say, but those few plays I did see I liked.

I think he'll have a chance, so its up to him as to how well he does and how well he holds up.

All these questions about player quality and leadership are going to make teams all but unable to prepare for games against us in the first few weeks. I love it!!
:roflmao:

NJPHINFAN said:
Look at that...a Gator Hater and a Gator Lover getting on the same page...the motto here should be "Finheaven, where bridges are built"... :roflmao:

You can go off people you know.

:)

Back
Top Bottom