[MERGED] Latest DeAngelo Hall Status | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Latest DeAngelo Hall Status

I am so happy the Raiders continue to suck....it is paybacks for 1974 when they beat my Phins on a last second crappy throw by Stabler. I cried for 2 days afterwards (I was 8 years old) and I still hate the Raiders to this day for this...it ended our dynasty.

I just saw on NFL Live, Raiders to trade 2nd round pick for D. Hall. They are rumored to give him a 7 year $70 million contract. I like DeAngelo, but good lord I'm glad the dolphins didn't go after him and give him that ridiculous contract. It hasn't been officially completed, but these are the details.

Source: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=114256&id=2773

it isnt finalized yet, that is all what has been talked about by the analysis. nothing final has come yet. it should be finalized around Thursday. and i heard it was a 2nd and 6th.

They can't afford him and Asomugha over the next few years. They just gave Hall the contract that Asomugha deserved. I would be pissed if I was Asomugha right now. Maybe the Raiders will remove the franchise tag from aso?

UPDATE

SI.com's Jim Trotter reports a deal that would send DeAngelo Hall to the Raiders could be called off if it isn't finalized by Thursday.

ESPN is already throwing out numbers, years, and guarantees, but this deal was never certain to happen. Hall reportedly spent four and a half hours with owner Al Davis Wednesday night only to leave the bargaining room without an agreement. He did remain in Alameda overnight and is continuing talks today.
Source: SI.com

Why are we not trying to land D.Hall

I just heard on NFL network.That Oakland and the Falcons are really close to pull this deal off.Falcons will get a 2nd round pick.Why are we not doing nothing here..Our backfield is garbage.We are not gunna get a D.Hall with our 2nd.I dont get it.Is it money...

My personal thoughts on the situation are this:

D.Hall is $$$ (expensive) and will cost us draft picks... that is all.

Deangelo Hall is going to get a 7 year 70 million dollar deal. The way to build a good team isn't by giving away picks and locking yourself into long term big money deals, you build through the draft. I know our secondary is garbage, but we will address it via the draft.

My personal thoughts on the situation are this:

D.Hall is $$$ (expensive) and will cost us draft picks... that is all.
Yeah but theRaiders are only getting a 2nd this year...Im sure thats what Adam said...

Deangelo Hall is going to get a 7 year 70 million dollar deal. The way to build a good team isn't by giving away picks and locking yourself into long term big money deals, you build through the draft. I know our secondary is garbage, but we will address it via the draft.
Your Right here.I didn,t really look at it this way...

Perhaps you are missing the point that Hall is looking for a contract in the $57 million range over 6 years.

I'm not even sure Hall is worth 2 picks/players to a team that is rebuilding...which we definitely are.
actually its a 7 year 70 mill contract they are talking about

Raiders acquired CB DeAngelo Hall from the Falcons in exchange for Oakland's 2008 second-round pick and 2009 fifth-round pick, and signed him to a seven-year, $70 million contract with $24.5 million guaranteed.
The sides previously discussed a 2008 sixth in place of the future fifth, but Al Davis wanted Hall bad and Atlanta got its upgrade, albeit next year. Hall, 24, has all the skills to be an elite corner, but tends to lose focus and control of his temper. He can be beat deep. The Raiders may be kicking themselves shortly for not giving this money to Nnamdi Asomugha, a much better all-around player. Asomugha isn't one to complain, but this likely won't go over well with him.
Source: NFL.com

Back
Top Bottom