Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags

dolfan3431 said:
once again wat is the point of banning some1 if they could just make a new name:shakeno:

Actually the mods and Admins know everyones IP number, thats like an identification for each computer or something like that and can't be changed even if you use another user name

JuanchoColombia said:
Actually the mods and Admins know everyones IP number, thats like an identification for each computer or something like that and can't be changed even if you use another user name

how can you change an IP? is'nt it only if you get like a new cable modem?

JuanchoColombia said:

That's true But, I'm at work right now and i share this same computer with multiple other people. and three people other than myself are members of finheaven. so there are atleast four people here that have user names but only one IP address. I'm sure there are others out there the same way. that would make it tough on them. unless the mods just ban them all from that IP address. but that really would not be fair to the other members who did nothing but share a computer with a *******

SR 7 said:
how can you change an IP? is'nt it only if you get like a new cable modem?
depends some internet providers change your ip every day
others give you one and its yours as long as you have an account with them
Ips are assigned by your cable provider not cable modem the easier way would be mac address of computer

KingCrowder said:
That's true But, I'm at work right now and i share this same computer with multiple other people. and three people other than myself are members of finheaven. so there are atleast four people here that have user names but only one IP address. I'm sure there are others out there the same way. that would make it tough on them. unless the mods just ban them all from that IP address. but that really would not be fair to the other members who did nothing but share a computer with a *******

So if one of them gets banned, you get banned too, watch out :lol:

About two weeks ago there was a girl bills fan that wanted to be talked to be a fins fan :shakeno:, some of you probably see it, but the mods said it was the same person that was also replying in the same thread and had the same IP that just wanted to have fun with us :fire:.

I dont know if he got banned...

I will search the link

rothshunger said:
depends some internet providers change your ip every day
others give you one and its yours as long as you have an account with them
Ips are assigned by your cable provider not cable modem the easier way would be mac address of computer

whats a mac address?

hes going to visit cincy thursday , gimme a break with this grredy m, but great player , just sign already , forget peterson money

romio said:
hes going to visit cincy thursday , gimme a break with this grredy m, but great player , just sign already , forget peterson money

THURSDAY!!! link?

JuanchoColombia said:
Actually it's rather easy to change your ip address. I can change the ip on my cable modem in less than a minute, and if somebody really wanted to be here, they could sign in through a proxy and spoof their ip address....it's really not all that difficult.

AquaAssasin said:
Media Access Control address. Its your unique modem id number. No modems via DSL or Cable has the same number.
It's also a number on your network card on your computer.
The thing you plug your cable from the modem into the back of the computer into.

Back
Top Bottom