Merged: Marcus Vick | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Marcus Vick

I can see one good use for him. Someone should pick him up for the minimum as an undrafted rookie free agent, and then just have him get hammered returning punts. Not necessarily on our team, of course, but it would be fun to see.

finbear said:
If Marcus doesnt go to jail we should draft him.He has alot of talent and he is only 20 years old.When he matures his behavior problems should go away.It is a risk but he will be cheap.

He may never mature, or mature when his in his mid to late 30s. He's shown no indication of a willingness to grow up as a person. Not worth it, imo.

Just say no to Marcus Vick....he is a total loser.

I think he'd be worth a look if we only have to use a 7th round pick or could just sign him. Look.. here's the deal.. about half the players in the NFL are thugs.. get over it.. Marcus is just a ******* who hasn't learned what he can and can't get away with. I believe Jamal served some time this summer.. Ray Lewis was on trial for a much more serious matter.. I believe Sean Taylor is facing almost the exact same charges as Marcus is this summer... The fact that he is so damn dumb just makes sense because you don't get the brains and the brawn... he got all brawn no brains..unfortunate for him.. but he's got a better arm than Mike and just as fast, he lacks some smarts and illusiveness on the run.. otherwise I think he'll be a pretty good QB once his head comes out his arse and he gets some anger management treatment. Everyone was saying the same thing about Ricky when he left, but now that he's back and putting up W's I don't hear anyone bitching about his pot habit.. Same with Marcus, if he could become a decent QB and not get suspended nobody would give a crap he got in trouble like 6 times in a 3 year span during college.

I agree he's an idiot and a loser.. but he's also a pretty good QB.. If he had a clean slate and maybe got VT to the Orange Bowl I think he'd be a legitamite 1st-2nd rounder... so VT didn't make the Orange Bowl.. his stock slips to 3rd-5th round.... he pulls a gun on some kids at a McD's... 6th, 7th.. or undrafted... all the better for the Dolphins! His talent level didn't drop, his stock just did.. buy low ppl.. buy low!

1stDownRBrown said:
I think he'd be worth a look if we only have to use a 7th round pick or could just sign him. Look.. here's the deal.. about half the players in the NFL are thugs.. get over it.. Marcus is just a ******* who hasn't learned what he can and can't get away with. I believe Jamal served some time this summer.. Ray Lewis was on trial for a much more serious matter.. I believe Sean Taylor is facing almost the exact same charges as Marcus is this summer... The fact that he is so damn dumb just makes sense because you don't get the brains and the brawn... he got all brawn no brains..unfortunate for him.. but he's got a better arm than Mike and just as fast, he lacks some smarts and illusiveness on the run.. otherwise I think he'll be a pretty good QB once his head comes out his arse and he gets some anger management treatment. Everyone was saying the same thing about Ricky when he left, but now that he's back and putting up W's I don't hear anyone bitching about his pot habit.. Same with Marcus, if he could become a decent QB and not get suspended nobody would give a crap he got in trouble like 6 times in a 3 year span during college.

I agree he's an idiot and a loser.. but he's also a pretty good QB.. If he had a clean slate and maybe got VT to the Orange Bowl I think he'd be a legitamite 1st-2nd rounder... so VT didn't make the Orange Bowl.. his stock slips to 3rd-5th round.... he pulls a gun on some kids at a McD's... 6th, 7th.. or undrafted... all the better for the Dolphins! His talent level didn't drop, his stock just did.. buy low ppl.. buy low!

You got a point but Sean Taylor is facing a Felony whereas Marcus is facing a Misdemeanor. HUGE difference between both. If convicted, Sean Taylor could serve several years in prison if he has an @** for a Judge...and Ricky isn't a thug and never was. Just a loner type that quit on his team. No criminal offense there although us Fins fans had plenty reason to be offended.

Well we always need bodies on the practice squad, why not?
Seriously though, I do think it would be good for Vick if Saban coached him. He has built relationships with trouble people like Ricky and seems to be able to reachout to someone like T.O., I think Saban could be a good influence.
The problem is, I don't think Vick is going to be a good Qb in the NFL. Hes not the runner his brother is and hes not a great passer. He might be a solid backup, potential starter down the road but I doubt he will ever be an effective starter in the NFL. So while it would be good for him, I dont see the value for us to spend the time and effort, and draft pick to bring him in.
Hes young I hope he turns his life around, Id hate to see anyone end up in jail or dead on the street.

Frank B said:
It has nothing to do with Vick the player. Marcus Vick the person should not be a Miami Dolphin.

Almost, actually Vick the person should not be in the NFL, or Vick the person should be incarcerated.
Funny how talent will allow some people to overlook what an absolute flop of a human being somebody is.
Cmon, this dirtbag has already been convicted of getting a 15 year old girl drunk while being a junior in College, he has been caught stomping on another guys leg in a game and now he brandishes a firearm in a Mcdonalds parking lot.

I hope they lock him up and throw away the key....Dirtbag

He's definately a second day draft pick. But i'd have to believe someone out there is going to take a chance on him. If he changes himself as a person he'd be a great pick up. But I don't really wanna see him in a fins uniform.

houtz said:
He's definately a second day draft pick. But i'd have to believe someone out there is going to take a chance on him. If he changes himself as a person he'd be a great pick up. But I don't really wanna see him in a fins uniform.

Doubtful. With the current string I bet he goes undrafted.

I think the Atlanta Falcons would take Marcus Vick with their last pcik on Day 2, just so that he gets drafted....but I don't see him making anyone's squad....he will be good in NFL Europe or maybe the Canadian League.

finbear said:
If Marcus doesnt go to jail we should draft him.He has alot of talent and he is only 20 years old.When he matures his behavior problems should go away.It is a risk but he will be cheap.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

I sure hope you was only kidding.

When you have to start a "draft this guy" post by saying somthing about drafting him as long as the player isnt in jail...........

Back
Top Bottom