Merged: Marlins Trade Derrek Lee | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Marlins Trade Derrek Lee

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
Derrick Lee traded

to the Cubbies. Let the dismantling of the world champion Florida Marlins begin for a second time.

Pudge signing with the Orioles or Cubs will be next. Then Encarnacion will be traded & Urbina will sign elsewhere. It's a shame.

Marlins Trade Derrek Lee

:(

They traded away the 1B to the Cubs for some Korean guy who's name sounds like a soup...not really a good trade we just got the best we oculd with the little money we have. We will miss you D. Lee

Sorry I put this on the wrong board.

His name is pronounced He Sop Choy, have fun teaching to swing the bat. He was a great prospect for us the past couple years but it seemed like whenever he came to the plate he would strike out or walk.

I wanted the Cubs to get Richie Sexson but I guess Lee will do. Maybe there's still a chance to swing a trade involving Lee to get Sexson.

We will be a lot better without Derek Lee. Despite a couple of critical hits in the NLCS, his numbers were disgusting.

I GUARANTEE YOU PUDGE WILL NOT BE TRADED for anything in this world. The Marlins' owner is not that stupid to that plus HE KNOWS Pudge was the MVP on the team from Day 1 to Day Last, the fans would go buckwild if he was traded. The contract may be short but he'll stay for about 3 years. Nor will Luis Castillo be traded. It was in the news today, the cubbies wanted him, but the Marlins matched the offer, something like $18 million for 3 years. I'm not sure about Mike Lowell, he might or might not get traded. And FOR SURE Urbina will get traded. And most likely AJ Burnett.

That would mean out of the whole championship team, only Urbina, AJ Burnett, Derek Lee, and 50/50 Lowell would be gone. If you ask me thats awesome (hoping we keep Lowell). Look out for us to repeat.

Pudge signed a one year deal, so he is a free agent. The Marlins probably won't be able to resign him.

Nor will Luis Castillo be traded. It was in the news today, the cubbies wanted him, but the Marlins matched the offer, something like $18 million for 3 years.

It was the Mets, not the Cubs. The Cubs have more pressing needs, like a 5th starter, a catcher, & bullpen help.

AJ Brunett will not be traded now because of this. Burnett and Beckett this upcoming season will be better than Prior and Wood were this year.

I agree. Burnett and Beckett would be one of the best pitching duos in the league next year if they're kept together. Nobody outside of Miami really knows how good Burnett is because he got that injury and hasn't played since April. But the truth is he's probably better than Beckett in some ways.

And my bad about saying Pudge will not be traded. I know he's a free agent and what I meant was he will not be released. He will definitely be resigned. He's the captain of the Marlins without a doubt. Urbina will not be resigned. If it doesn't get way too expensive, Castillo will be resigned. I personally think Burnett will not be resigned because he technically didn't help us with our championship run. Although I hope we keep him because I know how great he is. But Lowell scares me. I hope we keep him, but I honestly have no clue how the Marlins feel about him, since the emergence of Cabrera and the signing of Conine.

Brunett is not a FA....by the way Burnett, Beckett, Pavano....DAMN that sounds awesome!

Originally posted by Prime Time
AJ Brunett will not be traded now because of this. Burnett and Beckett this upcoming season will be better than Prior and Wood were this year.

I doubt it. Both of the Marlins young guns have had injury problems recently & Burnett probably won't be back to start the season. Wood & Prior are 2 of the top 7-8 starters in the NL.

Brunett is not a FA....by the way Burnett, Beckett, Pavano....DAMN that sounds awesome!

For some strange reason I think Dontrelle should be listed in there somewhere :)

Dontrelle was very incosistant 2nd half of the year and will most likely be a Reliever next year. Teams watched footage of him and figured him out. I cringed when he pitched 2nd half of last year especially when he gave up that Grand Slam. He is still solid but will probably be a reliever.

Originally posted by Prime Time

I never said Burnett was a FA. But just like Derek Lee he is arbitration eligible, thus he could be offered for or by another team as a trade of some sort.

And I would definitely not include Pavano in that group as a trio. I believe Brad Penny is way better than Pavano as his numbers proved so.

Pavano heated up in the playoffs as did Beckett...Becketts record was not too hott in the regular season...Beckett and Pavano both heated up especially in the World Series. Penny although good was not up to standards with Beckett and Pavano at the end of last year. Remember McKeon was going to start Pavano not Penny in Game 7 because Pavano was pitching REALLY good....If it came down to that which it didn't. BTW, I believe Penny is a FA.

Back
Top Bottom