MERGED-Marty Booker May In Fact Be Our #1 Receiver/How about Booker ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Marty Booker May In Fact Be Our #1 Receiver/How about Booker ?

Desides said:
Booker isn't a #1, and I don't think this one game should start making people think he deserves that spot.

I agree with that. I dont think Booker is a "#1" guy either, but I do think hes the best WR on this team.

I agree we should trade Chambers as well, but not until there is a legitimate threat at WR to replace him that will draw double coverage.

Booker may not have break away speed but he's a play maker. Chambers supposedly has break away speed and he never gets the ball in his hands. If i'm opting to trade one of these guys, it's gotta be Chambers. Keep Booker in Miami.

shanem40 said:
:shakeno: the problem is joey doesnt throw to cc

You seem to confuse receptions with being thrown to. The fact is Chambers is thrown to much more than any other player on this team.

chambers isn't worthless booker and harrington just have unbelievable timing and its unbelievably bad with chambers

Xbrett82us said:
Atleast this year, that is. He has come through in every game that we have won, and based on stats alone, Booker deserves to be recognized as our best receiver for the 2006 season. I am excited to see what we can do next year with Chambers hopefully making a solid contribution.

I'm tired of Chambers. Trade him. Get a good draft pick. The problem with Chambers is that, while he is fast, he does not have quick feet or quick moves and struggles to get separation.

Booker is not all that fast, but he's big, strong, and is able to get open. I have both on my fantasy team - in a league with 4 WR's - and Chambers has been sitting the bench for a number of weeks while Booker has been starting.

As to the Booker - Gadsden comparison - that's just not the case, imo. Not trying to burst your bubble - but the only similarity is size.

First, Gadsden caught everything in sight - Booker has had some significant drops this year. But, second, Gadsden was clearly the slowest WR in the entire solar system! Booker is not. He is a good bit faster and a much better runner with the ball. If Gadsden had anything close to Booker's running skills (speed and breaking tackles) he would have been in the league for years and would have made several Pro Bowls - his hands were glue.

Dolfan32323 said:
Totally agree. Booker is much more consistent than Chambers.

That's because Booker is a true professional and understands the game. CC is a guy who always wants to make a highlight reel, but he does not understand the fundamental aspects of playing the WR position.
Booker was a true no. 1 in Chicago and made the pro bowl.

Bumrush said:
Cmon Chambers has great potential, I mean how many other guys can looks so good catching 3 passes for 11 yards?

The word potential should not be used to describe any veteran who has been in the league over 5 yrs.

Back
Top Bottom