MERGED-Marty Booker May In Fact Be Our #1 Receiver/How about Booker ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Marty Booker May In Fact Be Our #1 Receiver/How about Booker ?

Xbrett82us

Starter
Reaction score
Atleast this year, that is. He has come through in every game that we have won, and based on stats alone, Booker deserves to be recognized as our best receiver for the 2006 season. I am excited to see what we can do next year with Chambers hopefully making a solid contribution.

I'm hoping to see Booker as the top number 2 in the league next year, after we release Chambers and draft/pick up a legitimate number 1.

Cmon Chambers has great potential, I mean how many other guys can looks so good catching 3 passes for 11 yards?

Booker is the number 1 receiver. Period.

Chambers is overrated.

This is what happens when your QB throws to a guy hes confident with, instead of a guy that whines about not getting enough throws.

Throws to Booker = TDs
Throws to Chambers = Ints

Note to Harrington: Dont throw to Chambers.

Can there be merge. Similar posts right next to each other near the same time. I don't know if Booker is no.1 Wr material, but I am starting to really like him as the no.2 for Miami for awhile. Booker should not be compared to Gadsden. Gadsen had remarkable hands, but as far as speed is concerned, Booker is definitely fast. He isn't a burner, but he is faster than some people think. I mean last year he had a high ypc, and does make some long catches.

Bumrush said:
I'm hoping to see Booker as the top number 2 in the league next year, after we release Chambers and draft/pick up a legitimate number 1.
:shakeno:

Jnaledu3 said:

Not period at all. Until he's matched up on the #1 corner it can't be said. Lets not forget that until the past few weeks Booker was an absolute disappointment.

Chambers is definately not living up to his contract though and he could be a cap victim this offseason.

Jnaledu3 said:

Chambers is overrated.

This is what happens when your QB throws to a guy hes confident with, instead of a guy that whines about not getting enough throws.

Throws to Booker = TDs
Throws to Chambers = Ints

Note to Harrington: Dont throw to Chambers.
:shakeno: the problem is joey doesnt throw to cc

shanem40 said:
:shakeno: the problem is joey doesnt throw to cc

And for good reason.

Most of the time he does throw to him, its picked or tipped then picked.

Joey does not have the confidence in Chambers that he has in Booker. Last week, there was some pressure on the guy to throw to Chambers more and look what happened. This week they go back to doing what works and have great success.

Maybe its Joey or maybe its Chambers. But Harrington + Booker is the winning combo this year and thats what they have to stick to.

Booker isn't a #1, and I don't think this one game should start making people think he deserves that spot.

Trade Chambers, use that pick to draft his replacement. If we can trade Chambers as part of a package to move up in the draft to get Calvin Johnson, I say go for it.

I think the reason Booker is putting up better numbers is 3-fold.

1. He's the #2 WR, gets single coverage, and makes catches
2. Joey trusts him the most out of all WR/TE's
3. He's been consistant.

I'd love to keep him and Chambers. The thing with Chambers is, he needs to be a true #1 WR and find ways to get open. The good one's get open

Back
Top Bottom