MERGED-Marvez on Mueller's future... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Marvez on Mueller's future...

dolphinjay

Scout Team
Reaction score
Frankly, he doesn't seem to think it's all that bright.

According to Marvez, Mueller has reportedly fallen out of favor inside the organization "[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]because of how he handled himself behind the scenes last season working under Saban, whose frequent vacillation before making final roster decisions was grating on the entire personnel department."

Whatever that means.

Another interesting tidbit from Marvez's column: Saban's former lapdog Scott O'Brien, who since Saban's departure has been the subject of many horror stories regarding his mistreatment of
[/FONT]
[/FONT] staffers, team broadcasters, assistant coaches and players[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica], has essentially been barred from the team's facility.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-spmarvez07jan07,0,7017402.column
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

According to Marvez, Mueller has reportedly fallen out of favor inside the organization "[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]because of how he handled himself behind the scenes last season working under Saban, whose frequent vacillation before making final roster decisions was grating on the entire personnel department."

Whatever that means.

Another interesting tidbit from Marvez's column: Saban's former lapdog Scott O'Brien, who since Saban's departure has been the subject of many horror stories regarding his mistreatment of
[/FONT]
[/FONT] staffers, team broadcasters, assistant coaches and players[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica], has essentially been barred from the team's facility.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-spmarvez07jan07,0,7017402.column
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

:lol:

My God could this whole Saban thing have been any worse?
His early departure becomes more and more obvious as a blessing in disguise to the Phins franchise.

Alex Marvez: Saban never struck me as a Seinfeld aficionado.

But listening to his explanations for leaving to become Alabama's head coach invoked memories of advice George Costanza offered when Jerry Seinfeld was trying to pass a lie-detector test.

"Remember: It's not a lie if you believe it."

Saban truly believes he handled his departure from the Dolphins as honorably as he could under the circumstances.

And to his credit, Saban started to work toward preparing for next season with the Dolphins until last Monday night when he first spoke with Alabama Athletic Director Mal Moore.

:sidelol: LOL, this is soooo true. Saban=Doorknob

As for Mueller, he was running personnel meetings at team headquarters Friday that could prove useless depending upon how Saban's successor wants to structure his front office.

is the new HC going to have control over player personnel?

don't think I like that

According to Marvez, Mueller has reportedly fallen out of favor inside the organization "[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]because of how he handled himself behind the scenes last season working under Saban, whose frequent vacillation before making final roster decisions was grating on the entire personnel department."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]Whatever that means.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]Another interesting tidbit from Marvez's column: Saban's former lapdog Scott O'Brien, who since Saban's departure has been the subject of many horror stories regarding his mistreatment of[/FONT]
[/FONT] staffers, team broadcasters, assistant coaches and players[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica], has essentially been barred from the team's facility.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-spmarvez07jan07,0,7017402.column[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I'm glad to hear that O'Brien isn't likely to have a future with the Dolphins. I've heard that he was Saban's suck-up/enforcer before. Might as well flush all the turds while we're at it.

According to Marvez, Mueller has reportedly fallen out of favor inside the organization "[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]because of how he handled himself behind the scenes last season working under Saban, whose frequent vacillation before making final roster decisions was grating on the entire personnel department."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]Whatever that means.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]Another interesting tidbit from Marvez's column: Saban's former lapdog Scott O'Brien, who since Saban's departure has been the subject of many horror stories regarding his mistreatment of[/FONT]
[/FONT] staffers, team broadcasters, assistant coaches and players[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica], has essentially been barred from the team's facility.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-spmarvez07jan07,0,7017402.column[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Yeah, especially when making the final decision on Culpepper when Saban WANTED Drew Brees.

Seems after more and more evidence that Saban was as useful as a dick on a doorknob to the Miami Dolphins.

Well I agree even though i thought Saban was going to lead us to a ship. but he lead us to the toilet bowl in some ways. Shelton,trading our 2nd for C-pep, keeping the old offense with murlarkey coming in, Jason Allen, wow he helped us alot. However lets go get scot P. from new england give him what ever he wants. hire norm chow and keep capers all the while lets begin the shift to get younger on the enitre team.

Yeah, especially when making the final decision on Culpepper when Saban WANTED Drew Brees.
Saban doesn't come to Miami without having TOTAL CONTROL. If he wanted Brees, he'd have gotten him. Sorry, but you're not convincing me that it was Mueller who traded the 2nd for Culpepper. So unless Wayne, the team physicians or someone else said, "look Nick, Drew didn't pass the team physical, find another option" then I can't put this one on anyone but Saban. And even if he was told that, HE is the one who had to sign off on giving up a 2nd rounder for C-pep, no one else!

So let's not put that on Mueller while the rat sleeps tonight in Tuscaloosa.

So unless Wayne, the team physicians or someone else said, "look Nick, Drew didn't pass the team physical, find another option" then I can't put this one on anyone but Saban.

The medical staff indeed told Saban that Culpepper was the safer bet. Do you even know the extent of Brees' shoulder injury? It's a miracle that he's playing at all, let alone at the level he's playing at.

Now can we please dispense with the Brees hindsight? The Saints took as big a gamble as we did. Theirs paid off. The jury is still out on ours, but Culpepper is improving in terms of health.

Saban had finale say on EVERYTHING if he wanted Brees that he would have got Brees.
Exactly.
The medical staff indeed told Saban that Culpepper was the safer bet. Do you even know the extent of Brees' shoulder injury? It's a miracle that he's playing at all, let alone at the level he's playing at.

Now can we please dispense with the Brees hindsight? The Saints took as big a gamble as we did. Theirs paid off. The jury is still out on ours, but Culpepper is improving in terms of health.
Since we considered Brees too big a gamble and took Pep cause he was the safer bet, it's fair to say the Saints took the bigger gamble. Fortune favors the bold.

Back
Top Bottom