Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

Enough already...

You are in Love with this guy. Let's see what the outcome is on Jan 4. That should put an end to all this Leinert Love fest...
GO GATORS!!!!

The Truth!!

Alex22 said:
Happy Holiday everyone, merry x-mas or whatever you celebrate

Leinart doesnt impress me, the fact that he can hit wide open recievers and hand the ball to reggie bush doesnt impress me, if leinart is on texas they arnt undefeated, yet if vince plays for USC they are probally still undefeated

Leinarts arm isnt stronger than Vince's arm so whoever said that should be thrown out of the arguement for lack of knowlege, and Vince's footwork isnt bad at all, his feet are always moving in the pocket so he can avoid defenders and step up to deliver the ball

Give me a break on the schedule, because USC's only REAL game they should have worried about was notre dame and leinart sucked that game untill the very end, and to anyone who is gonna say vince sucked against ohio state should have watched leinart vs ND to see what sucking really is

and why are you going to punish vince for putting the ball right where the WR can make a play on it and the DB cant? Even when he doesnt hit his guys in stride he throws the ball in the right spot his accuracy may not be the best but its more than suitable for the NFL

Leinart has more questionmarks imo than young does

I tried to get one of these Leinert lovers to watch your video and he didn't want to see the truth. Thanks for the video, I enjoyed it.:D

aerokev said:
he is also going to have more people at the line to defend the run which would open up the passing game. he will have more passing attempts this year than 2003 and 2004 so the give the ball to the RBs in the red zone doesn't make a lot of sense, he had more throws to get TDs and he didn't
just because he throws the ball more doesn't mean he's throwing more TD attempts

kastofsna120 said:
just because he throws the ball more doesn't mean he's throwing more TD attempts

every throw that is made has a chance for a TD doesn't it? the more pass attempts the more chances you have to throw for a TD. unless i am missing your point, leinert can only throw the ball for TD's if they are by the end zone? which would go back to the weak arm knock of leinert

kastofsna120 said:
what's that have to do with anything? he's a great quarterback prospect. doesn't matter what school he plays for

Because I don't think Quinn is all that good and to say he is better than one of the most hyped player to come out in along time is foolish. He is a scrappy player that really gets Weis's system, has been effective, but hasn't really "wowed" yet. He needs another year in college to really put his physical talents together before he trumps Leinart.

It doesn't really matter how good Leinart is because he's not going to be a Dolphin anyway...Well I guess it does matter if he ends up with the Jets or Bills.

Get off of Vince Young's nuts. He's mechanics are terrible, have you looked at the air he can get under his balls? Virtually NONE with that throwing motion, MANY of Vince Young's passes would have been intercepted because of this. Have you seen Vince make audibles and reads pre-snap? I haven't and when doesn't make a decision, he runs. Those type of QBs are a dying breed in the NFL nowadays.

Matt Leinart underthrows sometimes and that's pretty much for him.

saves said:
Because I don't think Quinn is all that good and to say he is better than one of the most hyped player to come out in along time is foolish. He is a scrappy player that really gets Weis's system, has been effective, but hasn't really "wowed" yet. He needs another year in college to really put his physical talents together before he trumps Leinart.

leinerts numbers have gone down every year, quinns numbers have gone up every year, and yet leinert has "wowed" even though quinn had more yards, tds, and the same numer of ints? that does make me say wow

unifiedtheory said:
Leinart has nothing to prove. That being said, I look forward to him tearing the Longhorns up and ceasing all this "he is overrated" crap.

I think the question you should have asked was "Is Vince Young overrated"....and my answer would be YES!

I agree on both points.

I had a feeling last year the SC would stomp a mud hole in OU and walk it dry. I believe they will do the same this year. After all, the Rose bowl is essentially a home game for USC.

aerokev said:
every throw that is made has a chance for a TD doesn't it? the more pass attempts the more chances you have to throw for a TD. unless i am missing your point, leinert can only throw the ball for TD's if they are by the end zone? which would go back to the weak arm knock of leinert
no, the point is that they're not throwing to the endzone as much as they did under norm chow. and it's nothing against leinart, it's just that they have two first rounders in the backfield

the arm strength thing you say makes no sense, as most of his TDs are from deep out

aerokev said:
leinerts numbers have gone down every year, quinns numbers have gone up every year, and yet leinert has "wowed" even though quinn had more yards, tds, and the same numer of ints? that does make me say wow

I'm not trying to be pro-Lenart here or anything, but he been the leader of the nations best team for a few years now and if thats not impressive I don't know what is. Comparing the two's stats is a horrible comparison, they both run different offenses with different strengths and players so their stats should be different.

kastofsna120 said:
no, the point is that they're not throwing to the endzone as much as they did under norm chow. and it's nothing against leinart, it's just that they have two first rounders in the backfield

the arm strength thing you say makes no sense, as most of his TDs are from deep out

i saw quite a few USC games, what do you mean by deep out? do you mean like less then 30 yards? i would guess that 90+ percent of leinerts TDs are from deep out of less than 30 yards. his longest TDs are probably dump offs to Bush. i don't consider most TD's being less than 30 yards a big arm either, but that is just me

saves said:
I'm not trying to be pro-Lenart here or anything, but he been the leader of the nations best team for a few years now and if thats not impressive I don't know what is. Comparing the two's stats is a horrible comparison, they both run different offenses with different strengths and players so their stats should be different.

agreed, but if teams have to focus on the running game because of bush and white, you wooud assume that leinert's stats would have gone up rather than decline every year

Back
Top Bottom