Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

bullseyeguy said:
With all this talk of stats, I think a very important one is being left out...WINS! Whos got more of those over the last 3 years?

yes, that is the true indication of the best QB. all of the years when e. crouch, and D. weufferl, and j. white were leading their teams to national championships, and winning heisman trophys, that was the true sign they would make excellent starting quarterbacks:sidelol:

aerokev said:
agreed, but if teams have to focus on the running game because of bush and white, you wooud assume that leinert's stats would have gone up rather than decline every year

But the opposite has happened. You have to expect the pass because USC has proven they can throw the ball, and White and Bush are just that good where teams can gear up for the run and still get pushed around. That is just one scary backfield. Remember the Fresno State game where Bush just absolutley took over, they don't even need to throw to come from behind, they just have that much faith in Bush, he is that good, and thats why he will likely be picked higher than Leinart.

donart said:
I tried to get one of these Leinert lovers to watch your video and he didn't want to see the truth. Thanks for the video, I enjoyed it.:D

Well I did...so what? Even if his arm is stronger...his throwing mechanics and release points is CRAP by NFL standards. He throws stinking side-arm! If Young had Marino's legs (back in 1983) he wouldn't be drafted until the 4rd or 5th round. His ATHLETISM not his QUARTERBACKING skills will land him being selected in the top 10. He reminds me of Michael Vick. As an athlete Vick is AWESOME but as a pure QB he's AVERAGE at best. Athlete for athlete Young is head over hills better than Leinart. BUT...QB for QB Leinart has Young by just as big a margin. The Dolphins need a QB who just so happens to be an athlete...NOT an athlete who just so happens to play QB. I'd take both Leinart AND Cutler over Young.

aerokev said:
i saw quite a few USC games, what do you mean by deep out? do you mean like less then 30 yards? i would guess that 90+ percent of leinerts TDs are from deep out of less than 30 yards. his longest TDs are probably dump offs to Bush. i don't consider most TD's being less than 30 yards a big arm either, but that is just me

i actually just did a quick check of the USC games, and i couldn't get the wash st game to come up, but out of all of the games (except wash st), leinert only had 1 TD over 30 yards, 67 yards to smith against hawaii. 15 were less than 20 yards. i sure would like to know where the way out TD throws start from?:confused:

saves said:
But the opposite has happened. You have to expect the pass because USC has proven they can throw the ball, and White and Bush are just that good where teams can gear up for the run and still get pushed around. That is just one scary backfield. Remember the Fresno State game where Bush just absolutley took over, they don't even need to throw to come from behind, they just have that much faith in Bush, he is that good, and thats why he will likely be picked higher than Leinart.

he will get picked higher than leinert because most scouts and teams are convinced that bush is the real deal. there are a lot of teams that are not real big on leinerts arm strength. almost everyone thinks bush cannot miss in the NFL, not the case for leinert

aerokev said:
yes, that is the true indication of the best QB. all of the years when e. crouch, and D. weufferl, and j. white were leading their teams to national championships, and winning heisman trophys, that was the true sign they would make excellent starting quarterbacks:sidelol:
Hey, you are the one that seems to like bringing up stats so much, personally I think they dont have much to do with the end result. But if you are quoting stats I think you have to consider the only stat that really matters when you are playing a game...

Dont get me wrong, Im not "sold" pn Leinart, I think any QB coming out of college has a huge question mark. However I do think as fr as prospects go Leinart is one of the best in awhile.

bullseyeguy said:
Hey, you are the one that seems to like bringing up stats so much, personally I think they dont have much to do with the end result. But if you are quoting stats I think you have to consider the only stat that really matters when you are playing a game...

Dont get me wrong, Im not "sold" pn Leinart, I think any QB coming out of college has a huge question mark. However I do think as fr as prospects go Leinart is one of the best in awhile.

maybe the previous 2 years he was one of the top prospects, but he has declined over the last 2 years of college based on his stats. his lack of long TDs kind of back up his lack of arm strength. he had 1 TD over 29 yards this year. that is 1 TD out of 27 that went for more than 29 yards. he may be adequate, but he doesn't turn a pro franchise around when teams are not worried about him throwing the deep ball.

aerokev said:
he will get picked higher than leinert because most scouts and teams are convinced that bush is the real deal. there are a lot of teams that are not real big on leinerts arm strength. almost everyone thinks bush cannot miss in the NFL, not the case for leinert

Yes but honestly, how many "can't miss prospects" are there in the college ranks. I can't think off too many prospects that didn't have their fair share of questions marks. Our fair Ricky was said to have too small of hands and would fumble too much. Ronnie was never the feature guy. Marino didn't have the best senior year and was said to be a drug user. These guys have all shown to be worth their first round pick (I know ronnie really hasn't yet, but who is complaining about the guy), but at the time they were a gamble. Even Bush has his doubters that say he is too small to be an everydown back.

Point is, yes he is a gamble, perhaps his college acheivments have been credited too much to his personal contribution to the team and not to the surrounding talent, or maybe he will end up having a hall of fame career and all his fellow teamates at USC will end up crediting him for all their success in college.
But is he a safe gamble? I'm not sure you'll find too many who will disagree that he has a better chance of success than last years number 1 overall pick, and there were a ton of people high on Smith last year, and being a better prospect that a number 1 overall is really saying something.

Vince is your next Vick...Leinart is your next Palmer/Manning.
Take your pick...

kastofsna120 said:
that's the dumbest thing you've said yet

Nothing he said is right. He even said at one point Lineart should be more like him. :shakeno:

Alex22 said:
Happy Holiday everyone, merry x-mas or whatever you celebrate

Leinart doesnt impress me, the fact that he can hit wide open recievers and hand the ball to reggie bush doesnt impress me, if leinart is on texas they arnt undefeated, yet if vince plays for USC they are probally still undefeated

Leinarts arm isnt stronger than Vince's arm so whoever said that should be thrown out of the arguement for lack of knowlege, and Vince's footwork isnt bad at all, his feet are always moving in the pocket so he can avoid defenders and step up to deliver the ball

Give me a break on the schedule, because USC's only REAL game they should have worried about was notre dame and leinart sucked that game untill the very end, and to anyone who is gonna say vince sucked against ohio state should have watched leinart vs ND to see what sucking really is

and why are you going to punish vince for putting the ball right where the WR can make a play on it and the DB cant? Even when he doesnt hit his guys in stride he throws the ball in the right spot his accuracy may not be the best but its more than suitable for the NFL

Leinart has more questionmarks imo than young does

:spamkill:

aerokev said:
i saw quite a few USC games, what do you mean by deep out? do you mean like less then 30 yards? i would guess that 90+ percent of leinerts TDs are from deep out of less than 30 yards. his longest TDs are probably dump offs to Bush. i don't consider most TD's being less than 30 yards a big arm either, but that is just me

I don't think I've ever seen someone run a 30 yard out.

Leinart has professional arm strength. He can make every throw. Does he have a cannon? No, I never said he did. That being said, the best Q.B. in football (Tom Brady) does'nt have a cannon either. Nor does Peyton Manning.

I don't see where the arguement is comign from unless you've been reading Alex22's garbage...and he can't see the truth because of his mad boy love for Vince Young.

a cannon for an arm is very important. i.e. kyle boller, jeff george, gus frerotte, uh........nevermind

Back
Top Bottom