Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

I've seen posts by him at tons of other boards too. So it's probably just one of a heap of forums he posts at.

Pocoloco said:
are you kidding? If Young somehow slips out of the top 5, we should explore any and every opportunity to trade up and get him!

Ya it would be stupid to pass on him.

The thing is I think Baltimore can be taken off of that list because I doubt Billick in his possible last season will take a QB. He'll try to continue improving Kyle Boller. Arizona is a possibility offcourse, but let's see if they take a RB or they take a QB.

LarryFinFan said:
Draft order ahead of MIA....

1) Houston Texans...likely not to go after QB, besides Bush is head and shoulders the best.
2) New Orleans Saints..in the market for a QB.
3) Tennessee Titans...in the market for a replacement for McNair (if he restructures his contract, if not...definitely will draft a QB.
4) New York Jets..in the market.
5) Green Bay Packers...status unclear right now, but even if Favre returns, they have Rodgers...probably too early to give up on him.
6) Oakland Raiders...In the market for sure.
7) San Francisco 49ers...not likely.
8) Buffalo Bills...not likely.
9) Detroit Lions...could be in the market, especially if Martz is OC.
10) Arizona Cardinals...in the market.
11) St. Louis Rams..likely not.
12) Cleveland Browns...in the market.
13) Baltimore Ravens...in the market.
14) Philadelphia Eagles...not likely.
15) Atlanta Falcons...not likely.

[\QUOTE]
they dont need a qb they ahve charlie fry for their future

LarryFinFan said:

1) Houston Texans...likely not to go after QB, besides Bush is head and shoulders the best.
3) Tennessee Titans...in the market for a replacement for McNair (if he restructures his contract, if not...definitely will draft a QB.
5) Green Bay Packers...status unclear right now, but even if Favre returns, they have Rodgers...probably too early to give up on him.

I don't think it's that bad.

The Jets still have to pay Pennington a lot of money, so they may opt for someone like D'Brickshaw Ferguson or AJ Hawk instead;

Green Bay's status is clear. They like Aaron Rodgers.

Oakland is a possibility, but they also like Andrew Walter, the kid they drafted out of Arizona State last year who has an arm more suited for their like of a vertical game;

Detroit is definately possible if they give up on Harrington.

Arizona is a strong possiblity, but may also be leaning more towards a RB;

Cleveland's not in the market. They like Charlie Frye a lot.

Baltimore may be, but Boller played well late last year and apparently changed enough minds that they are looking more towards a veteran instead.

Given that, there's still a chance Leinart could slide, but there's still a few too many landmines to say there's a good chance of it happening.

LarryFinFan said:

I only see Tennessee and NO in the definite market for QB's. Oakland has too many holes on defense and they would have to go veteran since their other QB's can't start and Raiders aren't going to shove a rookie in. NY also could go veteran since Bollinger has fared well as will Arizona. Cleveland and Baltimore already have young QB's who've shown progress.

The point is if we St. Louis skip up and the third QB isn't picked, Miami should think about hitting gold with the 11th pick the way the Steelers did. I'm sure our old friend Linehan can help us out.

We could also send our trading chip, Mr. Ricky Williams to Arizona at 10 to make things work. There's numerous possibilities. The 16th spot is a great spot to be in.

Thought id share it

NFL Player News

clear.gif
Customize Next Matt Leinart - QB - Player
http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/lm/reports/teamhome.asp?leaguenum=&showtm=xxx
Rumors of an Aaron Rodgers-like slide for USC quarterback Matt Leinart are already being discussed.
The presence of Vince Young, Jay Cutler, and Brodie Croyle accompanied by the fact that Leinart didn't participate in Senior Bowl activities is the reasoning. Although it doesn't seem he's as likely as Rodgers may have been to fall now, no one saw what happened last year coming. Leinart's agents Leigh Steinberg and Chuck Price have apparently been quarrelling but at his point, there's no way he gets past Miami at 16. Jan. 29 - 2:50 pm et

Hey you never know. Looked what happened in 83 with Marino. Stanger things have happened and with Nick in charge maybe the stars are lined up for it to happen again like 83.

Too bad he couldn't post stuff like this here. He's an unyielding guy and you'd expect fans to be stubborn about their favorite things. He just couldn't restrain himself a bit. It's a shame but rules are rules. It's something I see a lot as a mod on a few other nonDolphin forums.

I think he's more of a Leinart fan than a Dolphins fan. I'm the other way around. I have my preferences but I'm willing to give any Dolphins Qb the benefit of the doubt until they truly mess up (Lucas, Fiedler, Feeley).

Cannonboy said:
Hey you never know. Looked what happened in 83 with Marino. Stanger things have happened and with Nick in charge maybe the stars are lined up for it to happen again like 83.

yeh well, unless there are some unsubstantiated drug rumors, there's no way Leinart falls to the end of round 1 like Marino did. If Leinart slips, even a little, he is worth trading up for if the price is reasonable. He is light-years ahead of Cutler.

Someone needs to start a marijuana addiction problem rumor!

Didn't somone start a rumor of him being an alchaholic

There is no chance he falls to us at our current pick. If though Miami trades up into the top 10 it is possible he can fall. Remember he isn't a "measurables" QB, so all of these coaches and GM's that are so obsessed with that might forget about him a bit after his workouts. I still doubt it, but it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom