Merged: Miami Herald : Ricky Coming Back???..../Screwing us again? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Miami Herald : Ricky Coming Back???..../Screwing us again?

BLITZKRIEG said:
The Miami Herald reports that RB Ricky Williams is expected to return to the Dolphins this season, according to friends of his. If that happens, the chance of the team drafting quarterback Alex Smith with the No. 2 overall pick is pretty high.
===============================

I got this from CBS Sportsline "Rumor Mill"....

However, I went to the Herald web site, and saw nothing from yesterday {4/18/05}, stating Ricky is "expected to return this year"....

This is first time I've heard anyone use the words "is expected to return" when regarding Ricky. What are the chances of this happening, and when did these guys get the word that he is "expected to return"???....

PHINZ RULE!!!

It was in the Herald, in a news report mixed with other news. Sorry can't find artical to link, but its there somewhere

As always interesting thought... Let's assume he does come back... how much can we count on him? Not even mentioning the 'quiting', but he is out of shape and he will have to serve some type of suspension. So could we even plan on him playing this year? Or is it more of a 'next year' type of thing?

fishypete said:
Come Ricky....pay that child support....maybe we can trade you to an arena team...for some used water buckets.
Nah, we could get a lot more than just water buckets. Ricky's worth at least;

2 blocking sleds
36 balls
10 5 gal.water/Gatorade jugs
24 kicking tees
10 practice helmets

:roflmao:

if ricky does come back(i hope he does, he was amazin for us) wot would you guys do when ur at a game and he gets the ball??boo or cheer???

Ricky doesn't exist until he signs papers saying he wants to play again.

Until then, he isn't even a thought.

Boik14 said:
In reality, id say the chances are pretty good. Its just my opinion but think about it; the mans got bills to pay and 3 kids with 3 different women. In addition he's also got the whole financial issue with our organization that mysteriously we havent pursued since Saban took over.

Finally factor in that Saban has been nothing but straight with him apparently. I think he respects saban for reaching out and not passing judgement on him as many players and fans did.

Im not a RW apologist and I dont agree with what he did but clearly Saban knows we're a better football team with RW then without. Anyone who disagrees didnt watch 03 compared to 04.

I agree totally. the dropoff from 03-04 was dramatic. Now that Saban is here i think Ricky might actually want to play again because he knows Saban wont use the "Ricky up the middle" play 150 times a game. In fact i like your mock draft to...except the williamson pick. I know you have 1a and 1b...scratch that and take Smith or Rodgers...whoever is there. IMO. :D

I don't see what Ricky coming back has to do with Smith. Firstly, SF seems in line to draft him, and why wouldn't Saban still trade down for value and for more picks?

BLITZKRIEG said:
Please get a clue....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Dude - I'm sorry but RW threads are just so stale you couldn't cut them with a chainsaw.

The draft is approaching lets focus on that. RW is worn out.

Ricky trying to screw us again?

All of this talk of Ricky comming back might be just from Ricky being bitter at the dolphins. He is mad because we made him pay back all of that money now he wants some revenge. He thinks we would draft a RB if he is not comming back and he thinks we desperatly need one so now he is pretending to be comming back so we are again stuck without a star running back.

This probably isnt true just a theory i thought up, even if Ricky does not come back i hope we dont take a RB unless we get one after a trade down.

PS. Even if Ricky does come back i will always hate him

I just want to point out that Saban has a rather extensive history with dealing with problematic players. LSU was a mess when he took over, consisting mainly of problematic players whom he helped set straight. Here's a link to a post Skape made the other day which, sadly, didn't get a whole lot of attention:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=74376&highlight=lsu+coach

JAREDMANN said:
All of this talk of Ricky comming back might be just from Ricky being bitter at the dolphins. He is mad because we made him pay back all of that money now he wants some revenge. He thinks we would draft a RB if he is not comming back and he thinks we desperatly need one so now he is pretending to be comming back so we are again stuck without a star running back.

This probably isnt true just a theory i thought up, even if Ricky does not come back i hope we dont take a RB unless we get one after a trade down.

PS. Even if Ricky does come back i will always hate him

did RW have a press confrence or something. last i heard he was smokin in some foreign country. i dont think the fins are gunna base the #2 overall draft pick on what they THINK R. Williams will do.

templarwd said:
Nah, we could get a lot more than just water buckets. Ricky's worth at least;

2 blocking sleds
36 balls
10 5 gal.water/Gatorade jugs
24 kicking tees
10 practice helmets

:roflmao:

hahahahaha:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:, god we trash ricky so much

Ricky wud have to go through counceling and not be given a long term contract and get back in shape. He has to do those 3 things to come back but Ill believe it when I see it :p

Back
Top Bottom