MERGED-Miami to play in England in 2007 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Miami to play in England in 2007

Wallace758

Just one superbowl win just one
Reaction score
They will be playing the New York Giants or Buffalo Bills
http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/817615/detail.html
"
The Miami Dolphins don't have a head coach, but whoever that is will be coaching a regular season game in Great Britain next season.
The Miami Dolphins will forgo one of their 2007 home games to play in Great Britain.The Sports Xchange has learned that Miami will be the "home" team during the 2007 season for a game likely to be played in London's Wembley Stadium. That famous stadium has undergone a renovation and will seat 90,000 fans for the game. Wembley was the site of nine international preseason games from 1983-1993. The other option is 83,000-seat Twickenham Stadium.

The Dolphins' opponent will be either the New York Giants or Buffalo Bills, but sources told The Sports Xchange the league is leaning toward having the Giants be the other team in the game. The official announcement naming London as the site is expected early next week, while the announcement of the two teams is planned for Super Bowl week in Miami.

Earlier this week, the NFL announced that six teams (Buffalo, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami, New Orleans Saints, San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks) were being considered as the team that gives up a home game during the 2007 season with the site to be either Great Britain or Germany. Over the next 16 seasons, each of the league's 32 teams will participate in a regular season game outside the United States.

The only other such game was on Oct. 2, 2005 when the Arizona Cardinals played San Francisco in Mexico City.

Not cool. Heck of a home field advantage in the fog and moss field.

2 days late I think on this topic.

No.. this is the first time that the actual team that was losing the home game was named.

I actually hope they play the Bills because that makes my away game decisions much easier. Cleveland, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Washington are all choices that I have for an away game this year in addition to my traditional trip to Miami. If we play Miami in England i'll just go to Cleveland.

No.. this is the first time that the actual team that was losing the home game was named.

I actually hope they play the Bills because that makes my away game decisions much easier. Cleveland, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Washington are all choices that I have for an away game this year in addition to my traditional trip to Miami. If we play Miami in England i'll just go to Cleveland.

Ah, I thought it was just rehashing us playing a game abroad.

Yahoooo!

Its not old news for us UK dolfans. It could have been Germany and it might not have been the dolphins. But it makes sense. There is a big Miami following here since 1983 when TV started showing Marino as a rookie. We will fill up the stadium and roar everytime JT puts Manning into the ground. Pity it isn't going to be Peyton! Relax guys, chalk 1 to the dolphins- maybe our only win of next season???? Now I definitely want a QB at No.9! I wanna see our future, even if only from the bench. You never know, may be we'll get another Marino! Pity there's no Saban to boo!
Hey Boomer, I want to meet you and shake you by the hand. You may have got Vince Young all wrong but you and CK are the KIngs of Finheaven as far as I am concerned! Look out for me Scottishfan! You are a true dolphin:dolphins: :tongue:

It better be against the Giants because it would be unfair to have to lose a division home game and then have to play the Bills at their place. That wouldn't be right.

And what's more if we play early on no infield dirt for Mare/AN Other to miss crucial kicks! I think I want Mike Martz now for the geatest show on "moss" sorry turf!

It better be against the Giants because it would be unfair to have to lose a division home game and then have to play the Bills at their place. That wouldn't be right.

Exactly. It's bad enough we have to lose a home game- it BETTER not be a division home game. :fire:

Im not too upset with this. I agree it should be the week before our BYE. Like 'defensivefan' said Ive heard before that the Dolphins are the biggest team in the UK. The exposure for the team is always good IMO.

I don't really mind. I only get to go to Miami twice a year anyway, so at least for me it won't be as bad since I don't live in South FL. Homefield advantage is overrated sometimes anyway. Let's just hope we have the better team rather the better home advantage

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... the dolphins would have a home game only in mexico.....why england????:boohoo:

Hey can you season ticket holders pay for 8 games so we can get in for free???? Sorry guys, I had to rub it in a bit!

Back
Top Bottom